Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fitness for the noncompetitive female

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
Perfect doesn't exist but ATW I'd put a bet that you are lower than 15%. Avoid the calipers as they can be +/- 4% in accuracy with the level of inaccuracy being on the worse end the lower you are. Get a bodpod or hydrostatic weighing test if you really want to know. Either way you have made a ton of progress and look great. That being said fat % looks different on different ppl, musculature can change appearance completely. I've sen people look like crap and be 12% and others look great at 13-15.

indeed perfect doesnt exist but the desire to be as close as one can get is great motivation to keep on trying! :D

smallville doesnt have much available as far as better methods of bf testing and it really isnt that big of deal since im not competing. i try to be very consistent with how i use my calipers so that even if it is off, it is always the same amount of off :D

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I'm pretty good with them myself but just use them to insure we are headed in the right direction week to week, when I have someone close to comp we do a bodpod, the other exception being if someone has the extra $ we do 1 at the start and 1 at the end of a goal period just out of curiousness. It isn't so much needed as it is nice to see.

I actually used perfection in the biz name because of that, we are always in pursuit of perfection. Keep up the good work, I enjoyed the post.

nousername

nousername

Mar 30, 2014
Great thread. Thanks ATW! Your one of my face♥

N

nanilifter

Sep 27, 2014
I am a home gym workout addict and I love it!

I don't know if I could add anything at all to this post, I have no desire to compete but instead do what I do because I feel driven...I am a bit obsessive about it. I have been called bull-headed and many other things, but to me, when somebody says "you can't put 2inches on your biceps at your age" or "women aren't supposed to have visible abs"....well, that just makes me mad...and makes me want to prove them wrong :) I want to get to about 16% bf, for me that is enough to see abs (at least, historically it was LOL) and add 2" to my biceps. I also want to add muscle all over...and I keep setting small goals, but really I do not ever see that I will be "done", there is no end goal...just to continue challenging myself and to see just how much I can accomplish.

I also am very driven to live a great life of lifting no matter what anyone got to say. I recall this is my body that was gifted to me and I am driven to take care it and I also am a bit obsessive about lifting and like doing it. I don't just like to workout in my on home gym but I put every thought and energy into making my lifting days work for my benefit and the benefit's are very good. Thanks all of you for this post, because I am encouraged to keep working out even if I never get to hit the stage life, I feel good as I am.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic