Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Fitness for the noncompetitive female

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
The problem with 10% is you loose your ass and if you are natural you have no boobs left.
For me I have no clue what my % is but I gauge where I want to be at by how I look and feel.

I have no desire to ever do a competition so it is all about me and what works for me.

ass is one thing i will always have, fat or not. glute muscles are well developed. now if it was for the 550 cc of silicone in each boob, i would not have anything left there as i really had nothing to start with :D

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
ass is one thing i will always have, fat or not. glute muscles are well developed. now if it was for the 550 cc of silicone in each boob, i would not have anything left there as i really had nothing to start with :D

See I am natural..............so major shrinkage comes if I go to low.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I don't know if I could add anything at all to this post, I have no desire to compete but instead do what I do because I feel driven...I am a bit obsessive about it. I have been called bull-headed and many other things, but to me, when somebody says "you can't put 2inches on your biceps at your age" or "women aren't supposed to have visible abs"....well, that just makes me mad...and makes me want to prove them wrong :) I want to get to about 16% bf, for me that is enough to see abs (at least, historically it was LOL) and add 2" to my biceps. I also want to add muscle all over...and I keep setting small goals, but really I do not ever see that I will be "done", there is no end goal...just to continue challenging myself and to see just how much I can accomplish.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Tell them to stuff it! While I do something different I keep getting stronger.I will be 38 this year.I improve every year.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I def believe that the biggest competition is with ourselves....
BUT ATW, I think you would excel in the new women's physique division... just saying ;)

I want to compete, but it was spurred by having a lot of local competitors around me in our gym, a good support, and to go from being fat 23 years of my life to on stage , in a bikini and heels and "comp" worthy/ready at 24 it would be a final goodbye and full circle to saying goodbye to the "fat me" and if I am ready, and believe in myself enough to get on a stage then that means that I have finally shed the image in the mirror that refuses to change, and I have won the mental battle in all this....

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I don't know if I could add anything at all to this post, I have no desire to compete but instead do what I do because I feel driven...I am a bit obsessive about it. I have been called bull-headed and many other things, but to me, when somebody says "you can't put 2inches on your biceps at your age" or "women aren't supposed to have visible abs"....well, that just makes me mad...and makes me want to prove them wrong :) I want to get to about 16% bf, for me that is enough to see abs (at least, historically it was LOL) and add 2" to my biceps. I also want to add muscle all over...and I keep setting small goals, but really I do not ever see that I will be "done", there is no end goal...just to continue challenging myself and to see just how much I can accomplish.

this is a great attitude to have and one that will get you to where you want to be. good for you for continuing to challenge yourself and to set goals that i have no doubt you will acheive!

P

Phoenix

Nov 14, 2010
ATW you and I are totally on the same page. Great post. :)

ShortzMcD

ShortzMcD

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
ATW, I always enjoy reading your posts!
I find it hard to decide what I want to achieve or how I want to look... so I just take baby steps and set myself little goals.
I've never been obsessed with how much I weigh, more in how I feel & look...
Don't think I could ever be as strict as the competitive females are!!

and Ms Wetback I feel your pain about losing boob size!

L

Latin_Nuyorker

Oct 22, 2011
I just want to give anecdotal analogy to the post since I've read all of it and there seems to be one theme the author as well as the others are espousing. When most millionaires are asked how they were able to amass that amount of wealth; what did they do or how they did it? Most of them replied that all they were trying to do was to not have to live from 1 pay check to the other. What I got from that was they initially had a goal. The next thing was that they followed a set of principles that gave them success and then they refined that process to meet their future goals. So what I got was that they had a little problem that they identified and worked to solve that issue and then along the way they got benefits beyond their wildest dreams...millions!!!

Extrapolating that to us in the BB/Fitness world, for whatever reasons we have something about our bodies we dont like, we recognize we can fix it and we work diligently to accomplish that task and we later find out that we have excellent health, more self confidence and we find ourselves at peace with ourselves and the universe.

As for the competitors, they have another goal; being #1 on stage, that pushes them and that is ok as long as we all know what we want and so we can know what to expect. Victory for the competitors and looking good/feeling good, ect for all others.

Last edited:
lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
I know I know..sorry for being johnny come lately and posting on old threads but I am new..I wanted to compete but was always to busy traveling doing pomo's, expo's or something..I thought about figure years ago and would have done bikini i a hart beat if they had it years ago...I still might do a fitness mommy bikini thing...bikini is more of the look i choose for my self these days..great info on here thank u

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I know I know..sorry for being johnny come lately and posting on old threads but I am new..I wanted to compete but was always to busy traveling doing pomo's, expo's or something..I thought about figure years ago and would have done bikini i a hart beat if they had it years ago...I still might do a fitness mommy bikini thing...bikini is more of the look i choose for my self these days..great info on here thank u

it is never too late to post in a thread :) thats why they are here.

from your AVI, i would think that you have the perfect body for bikini! i dont even think you need to do the mommy bikini! you are young, go for it!

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Perfect doesn't exist but ATW I'd put a bet that you are lower than 15%. Avoid the calipers as they can be +/- 4% in accuracy with the level of inaccuracy being on the worse end the lower you are. Get a bodpod or hydrostatic weighing test if you really want to know. Either way you have made a ton of progress and look great. That being said fat % looks different on different ppl, musculature can change appearance completely. I've sen people look like crap and be 12% and others look great at 13-15.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic