Samson0692
What's New?

Fitness Apps

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Any of them worth a crap? Want to work with my son with more than just lifting. I don't do a bunch of non-lifting movements or cardio with weights so was wondering if there was something he/we could use via an app to assist.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
So the only ones I have experience with is:
My fitness pal - which is great for nutrition tracking, only mediocre for training tracking. I use it for anyone i'm trying to help with diet.
Also the
whoop strap app - which you would need to get a whoop strap and wear for $30 per month i think it is right now. This one however is the full on tits at tracking training out put, rest and recovery. The data and charts it puts out can really help people focus their efforts and hone in recovery.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
No,no,no,no,no,no!!!!!!

The app people and those dinosaurs who write down their workouts while working out slow my workout. Last week a guy asked me if I had a pen (his pen ran out of ink), I told him y would I bring a fuckin pen to the gym, plus I would never let someone borrow my carbon fiber pen @trentracks gave me for my bday....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
No,no,no,no,no,no!!!!!!

The app people and those dinosaurs who write down their workouts while working out slow my workout. Last week a guy asked me if I had a pen (his pen ran out of ink), I told him y would I bring a fuckin pen to the gym, plus I would never let someone borrow my carbon fiber pen @trentracks gave me for my bday....
No, not looking to write down his workouts, I can remember how much weight we use week to week, LOL Those people drive me NUTS! Are you gonna put it in a Excel spreadsheet to track? Nope! So why bother.

Was more looking for something with core workouts with weights and movements that you wouldn't normally do with standard weight lifting.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Call me a dinosaur but I always put pen to paper. I don't use any apps.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
No,no,no,no,no,no!!!!!!

IDK how simple people must be to not be able to remember what they did by the time they get home.
I do find it useful to track top effort weights and reps to make sure your making progress if thats your goal.
Just like tracking weight, bf % and measurements is useful. Just dont hold up the gym doing it.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Wow LK is really starting to change... You might want to try this. https://campgladiator.com/online

I'm not sure how the Virtual workouts are, but that might be what you are looking for?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
No,no,no,no,no,no!!!!!!

The app people and those dinosaurs who write down their workouts while working out slow my workout. Last week a guy asked me if I had a pen (his pen ran out of ink), I told him y would I bring a fuckin pen to the gym..

No, not looking to write down his workouts, I can remember how much weight we use week to week, LOL Those people drive me NUTS! Are you gonna put it in a Excel spreadsheet to track? Nope! So why bother.

Ok, fuuk ya both! :mad:

The good side to this is kids love their technology and will probably will use it.

The bad side is you're teaching mico-management to someone that should grow by just looking through a M&F mag.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I guess I'm a dinosaur. I write down workouts in a notebook (usually before I start) and I can't remember all the weights from the previous week anymore. I use MyFitnessPal for macro tracking.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@LK were you looking for something like an app to guide you to create a workout program based on goals? or for an app to show you movements that has vids and stuff?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I guess movements and cardio strength training that he would not normally get through traditional weight lifting.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic