Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fish Oil ..............

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
This is a small detail so I'm not sweating it too much, but does anyone know if it is better to time taking fish oil so that it does not fall around lifting? I read somewhere that part of the muscle building process is inflammation which fish oil reduces so I am curious.

woodrow1

woodrow1

May 12, 2011
avoid taking it around weight training. Fish oil is an anti-imflammatory and it's like taking an NSAID, Inflammation from training is vital for muscle growth

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
You started off with the phrase I would use to answer this; which is don't sweat the small stuff :) but otherwise I think ATW has an article about NSAIDs not having such a devastating effect on gains.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
if one is over 30 the whole negative effect of NSAIDS on training is gone. i will dig that article up and post it when i get home. i take lots of fish oil and take it twice a day. my joints thank me for it!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
The best time to take fish oil is in the morning, and before bed. If you train in the morning then take it after your workout, and still before bed. Not only will it reduce inflammation, but it helps aid in repair to damaged tissues by providing the essential fatty acids needed to create the cells outer lipid layer.

Miss Q

Miss Q

TID Lady Member
Aug 13, 2011
avoid taking it around weight training. Fish oil is an anti-imflammatory and it's like taking an NSAID, Inflammation from training is vital for muscle growth

Did not know that...maybe that's why I haven't gotten any bigger!!

E

Enoch

Nov 14, 2011
Hi All,
Fish oil is great for health and we must add fish oil in our daily meals.
Fish oil helps in reducing weight and reduces cholesterol level.
Fish oil prevents from heart and cardio disease and prevents from joint pains.
Fish oil is great for brain functions and eases depression.

Last edited:
F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
The best time to take fish oil is in the morning, and before bed. If you train in the morning then take it after your workout, and still before bed. Not only will it reduce inflammation, but it helps aid in repair to damaged tissues by providing the essential fatty acids needed to create the cells outer lipid layer.

This is my logic too.

B

Bionic Bill

Jul 27, 2012
Great addition to supplements for everyone!

I have taken fish oil for 3 years now and also have my wife taking it.

Only bad thing I have to say is... I throw almonds in a small baggie and eat them mid morning. I also threw 2 fish oil gel caps in the baggie one day... long story short I bit into one of the fish oil caps...talk about nasty!!! haha I still cringe thinking about that!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic