macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Good tunes on. Love that track.

Its a grandson 'remix'.

Grandson
"blood // water [Tom Morello Remix]

Grandson has some good workout tunes. Discovered it on one of my spotify channels. Good stuff!

If you like that, check out. Kinda has a Jack White distortion thing going on.

Grandson
"bury me face down".

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Great job!;)
I just got released on Monday to start training my right arm/ shoulder/back again ...lol (Basically upper body)
Can't wait to get my groove on Felt amazing just to go through the motions even with very light weight.
Keep at it this is Anti Aging at its best.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Nice set Mac! Good strict form and made it look easy. With a spotter you probably would of eek out 1 maybe even 2 more on your own. Your a strong lean dude, lots of respect here man.

Sucks getting older with the already nagging joints and higher risk for injury. At my strongest I was putting 315 for 8-10 on the incline bench. Those days are long gone. Im an officially lifting pussy these days but at least I still look like I could smash heavy ass weight which is fine with me.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Great job!;)
I just got released on Monday to start training my right arm/ shoulder/back again ...lol (Basically upper body)
Can't wait to get my groove on Felt amazing just to go through the motions even with very light weight.
Keep at it this is Anti Aging at its best.

Wow, has it been that long? It feels like yesterday you were posting about the injures. Life has been a little hectic lately. Much respect man on many levels. That is quite a bit to go through. I dont need to give you advice. Instead I listen. I am sure you will find the way for you that is best. It is funny, I am still searching for me. It is a moving target lately.

Post up some progress. Love to cheer you on!

Nice set Mac! Good strict form and made it look easy. With a spotter you probably would of eek out 1 maybe even 2 more on your own. Your a strong lean dude, lots of respect here man.

Sucks getting older with the already nagging joints and higher risk for injury. At my strongest I was putting 315 for 8-10 on the incline bench. Those days are long gone. Im an officially lifting pussy these days but at least I still look like I could smash heavy ass weight which is fine with me.

I know the feeling. I am getting very close to 50 and I waffle on trying to push heavy. It has been years since I 'pushed' myself. I have racked up a few injuries with my back 2 1/2 years ago really derailing me. 6 years ago I was 420 RAW paused bench at 200lbs. Right now.... I have no idea. I dont think I am going to venture into any reps that I cant do 3-5 times, but I think I have my shoulder re-habbed to where I can put a little load on it.

I thought of running a 5/3/1 but shifting my starting point and then keeping my AMRAP + sets to 3 or more reps. Dont really know.

Just posting here to let everyone know I am still hitting it. Nothing 'great' to post, but still something. I know times are tough without gyms for a lot of guys. Mine is open if you need one ;) Wishing everyone a better 2021!

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I feel kinda guilty posting that I can still hit the gym in my house.........UNTIL YOU COME IN :D
I've been home gyming for 4-5 years and there's no way I'd want to go back! Flat bench, incline bench, 2 squat racks, deads platform, leg press, dumbbells, cables and a few machines. Still pretty hot here in the desert.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Well, I'm all in for accountability.

I tried to squat for the first time in 3 months. I did no-handed just so I could go lighter with a little more challenge on lower back. 225 felt OK, but I put 315 on next and had to stop after 2 reps. Not great, but I am going to see if I can condition my lower back to handle some tension over time. It's been pretty rough lately. Since my car accident 2 1/2 year ago w/ fracture and 3 disk injuries, my back does not play nice with squats. Need to try to work them slowly over time

I hate to even do this next one. I have in years past make progress my crappy posing vids. It pretty obvious I am not a bodybuilder so I know that. Just a dude approaching 50 looking to stay strong look and feel good. Looking back at some years past, I am not looking all that well. In light of the last couple years and not being able to train as I would like, I dont think it is as bad as it could be. But it is safe to say I have fallen off a lot. I let my weight drift up about 10lbs. 213 in vid. I have definitely lost all around, but again, this is not about looking great, but rather being honest and accountable.

Lighting is a little washed out, but I cant blame that as much as I would like. Certainly need to tighten up a bit!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic