Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

First time being dumped

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
It just happened today and I will never forget it........ I dumped a squat! Went atg on last rep of the set and when i came out of the hole the bar went back not up, it pile drove me into the ground. I was tired and mentally vacant, not good. Anyone else remember their first?

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Only dumped 1 squat ever in my life. 475 lbs with sleeves only and I was using a pair of sleeves that didn't have as much support as my usual ones.

Saturday afternoon and the gym was packed. Felt like a tool. LOL. This was maybe a year ago?

Peeled off the plates, re-racked the bar, loaded up, and kept going. :D

Congrats on pushing yourself to your limits. So few lifters really do.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Guess I'm just pathologically candy ass, always squat inside a power rack with the horizontal safety pins set just below where I wanna go. If I fail, it's about a 2-3 inch fail, bar winds up on the pins, I wind up in a bodyweight-only deeper squat than I'd planned, 2-3 inches lower maybe, but not pancaked. The potential for some injury is still there, knees, lower back probably, but some limits have been set.

Most racks are stronger and have faster reaction times than any human spotters when properly set, don't understand why they are not used more. Works the same for benches too.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Flex - thank you!

RD - I'm lifting out of my basement for time being and there is definitely no rack there, haha. I now know how a failed squat feels and will be working on my mental game to avoid this ever again

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Flex - thank you!

RD - I'm lifting out of my basement for time being and there is definitely no rack there, haha. I now know how a failed squat feels and will be working on my mental game to avoid this ever again

lol, did not mean to sound preachy, guess the 2nd part of my sermon would be the old warning they use in advertisements, "Do Not Try This At Home." Actually, since you seem to have reliable uprights for the top part of the squat, you can jury rig some pretty strong spotters for the bottom part with 4 towers of 8x8x16 inch cement blocks substituted for the 4 steel uprights of a rack. Unless you're real tall, 4 towers that are 2 blocks high, with a 4x4 pc of wood gets you in the right neighborhood, height-wise. If the height isn't right where you want it, you can tweak it with the addition of 1 or 2 short boards under the 4x4's that catch the bar. This can all be done pretty cheap, might not serve when you squat real BIG numbers, but I never got there, and it did work for me back when there wasn't a medium good gym in every town, and racks weren't available on the internet. End of preaching, lol.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Lmao, height not a problem! Great idea, thank you.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Frightening!!!

Nope can't say that's happened.

I've been trained how to dump a load but have only had to a couple times and it was smooth and controlled.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Frightening!!!

I've been trained how to dump a load but have only had to a couple times and it was smooth and controlled.

That's just doesn't sound rite, lol!

Goodgawd y'all, x2 with 5.0. What was Louie teaching up there?

Bull, if "a load" refers to a barbell, please explain further? I can see the bar sliding down the back or going over the head, but neither one seems delightful. If "a load" has anything at all to do with poop or man-juice, then, nvm, I figured them out on my own.

Ziegler

Ziegler

Sep 9, 2015
Frightening!!!

That's what she said

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic