Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

First time at a show...wow...very suprised

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
So, this morning was pre-judging at the Missouri NPC Championships, and Bob and I were on security detail :) I just have to say that I was really suprised by the female figure competitors (and others, but mainly the figure), they just weren't as lean as I would have thought they would be. There was alot of butt and thigh jiggle going on LOL. Is that normal at the state level? I guess I may have read too many muscle magazines and seen too many national level and pro competitors and just expected a little bit higher level of physique? Or perhaps it is because I am a perfectionist and wouldn't do a meet without really really being ready...and some of them looked to me like they were a month or more out, just not tight enough to show well. Maybe I expect too much?

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
it's very common... also the light on the stage enhances any little flaw you may have. they may look amazing in the gym or street but under the light, not so much...

acon83

acon83

TID VIP Lady Member
Jul 6, 2011
that's surprising to me as well. By any chance, was this a natural show?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
one more reason to not compete :D

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I don't think this one is tested, not sure though. They definitely looked better off the stage, but most looked like they were not dialed in right on diet. The gal that won figure overall looked great on stage, but in street clothes had no booty at all LOL.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
NPC is the amateur side of IFBB and they do not test, thats what I was just told.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
In the NPC most shows are not tested, but not all. If it is a tested show, they will say so on the entry form / fliers.

In recent years there has been a shift towards "softer" in figure. I agree its weird and I don't like it - it just looks "unprepared" or "6 weeks out" to me. But that's how they are judging these days. Also for a local show, particularly one that isn't a national qualifier/Level-V show, this is where you will find the beginners and those who aren't accomplished at dialing in. You gotta start somewhere so this is where you usually see a lot less than "top quality" competitor prep. But, as I said, you gotta start somewhere. And as called out above, on stage, the lights are not forgiving. Between the bad lighting, the angle you are viewing people and the tanning, any flaws stand out.

You'll find better quality at larger shows, national-qualifers and national-level shows.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic