Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

First Run of DNP

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Funny how I started this, feeling cocky like I had some kind of super liver, and now I'm just looking forward to the last dose. I'm starting to wonder just how much time I'm really going to end up saving. Three weeks of just a regular, increased deficit would have (surely) produced results. No impaired workouts. No caustic bowel movements. No recovery while out-waiting the long-ass half-life as the DNP leaves your body. As I leaned up, I never adjusted my caloric intake to account for less mass. But the major point was preserving muscle, which admittedly I had been able to do increasing protein intake. So at the of this, what will the ratio of times be? How many weeks just adhering to fewer calories versus how many weeks of feeling like ass on DNP will produce "x" amount of fat loss? If I end up with only marginal loss like 5#, it is absolutely not worth it to me.

Last edited:
jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
One other thing that DNP seems to affect is my guts. I don't have lava shits but they are hot. I installed a bidet a while back, and I'm really thankful for it when that blast of frigid water hits it.
Probably the oxidized fat in your poo. Great log brother!

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I was punished pretty severely for last night's dietary indulgences. Heat was rough all night, almost feverish. Sleep was choppy. I seem to "seep" more than sweat on this stuff, but pillow and area under shoulders were damp. I feel pretty constipated and just want to sit down on the toilet and have one big blowout. Last night was the first time the fan got set on medium. It's an odd combination of your skin feeling uncomfortably cold yet covering yourself with even just the sheet is an immediate mistake that gets kicked right back off.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Updated log. Going to try and stop doing a play-by-play so much in posts and keep commentary to the log itself. That was the original intent. My last dose will be next Sunday evening.

Day 1, 12/26, 250mg, 175.0#
-No effects noted.

Day 2, 12/27,250mg,175.0#
-No effects noted.

Day 3, 12/28, 250mg, 175.3#
-Heat woke me around 10PM. Uncomfortable at times.
-No other effects noted.

Day 4. 12/29, 250mg, 171.7#
-Lot of urination overnight. Sleep quality rather mediocre.
-Small heat episode mid-afternoon preceded by big episode of lethargy where I took a nap.
-Only one mild heat wave. Side effects relatively mild/nonexistent so far. Considering increase.

Day 5, 12/30, 250mg (dosed mid-morning), 175.0#
-No heat episodes overnight and slept deep.
-Considered increasing dose but workout changed my mind. DNP is clearly affecting me. Not with the obvious, slap-you-in-the-face heat waves, but fuel was completely and utterly spent with workout today. Strong workout, but just completely ran out of energy at tail end with MAP routine. Will redo MAP tonight. Also noticed some very obvious dehydration, and I drank a LOT of water yesterday.

Day 6, 12/31, 250mg, 172.8#
-Dosed noon'ish with lunch. Moving dosing to nights with dinner so spacing dosing out.
-Slept well but woke up a bit. Peed a lot around 3AM.
-Warm all night. Very mild sweating at times.
-Felt fatigued this morning.
-Workout turned out alright thanks to the addition of some well timed intra-workout glucose tablets. Headache during warmup that resolved quickly (10-15 minutes) with 7.5g of carbs (two glucose tablets).
-Once again considered increase but think I can see some fat loss, most notably vascularity in stomach. Been keeping on top of hydration and electrolytes so I don't think it is dehydration.
-Sticking to 250mg for the duration. I can manage this, and I wonder if increasing would even burn that much more fat versus the misery it creates.
-Tonight (Saturday night) is my cheat night so gorged on a wide mix of pizza, sushi, chips, and sweets.

Day 7, 1/1, 500mg, 175.5#
-Slept very deeply.
-Experienced warmth all night long. Slept with no covers on me at all with the AC on 68F and was quite comfortable.
-Feel fine today. No issues noted. No residual warmth. Just gastro issues typical after a night of excess. In spite of my previous comments, I plan on increasing my dose tonight to 500mg.
-Took 500mg mid-afternoon. Definite increase in heat that died down past 10PM.

Day 8, 1/2, 500mg, 172.8#
-Weight is all over the place. Annoying.
-Slept well enough.. not great but acceptable.
-Warm all night, sometimes even hot. Damp a few times but not sweating. AC on 68, no covers, and fan on lowest. I can tell these next seven days are going to be a challenge. I'm not even close to steady state with 500mg. I figured since I was tolerating 250mg so well, why waste the opportunity to maximize results?
-Have felt pretty good today. No fatigue and muscles feel good and full, which makes no sense. That 12 hours after dosing is pretty bad, but recovery seems to come quick.
-Pretty strong workout except for Back Squat which lost 1-2 reps. Everything else was pretty damn good and even had improvements over last week.

Day 9, 1/3, 500mg, 173.3#
-Warm all night but slept great. Only woke up once and stumbled half-dead to pee… a LOT.
-Feeling warmer today. Few days out from nearing approximate peak levels at 500mg. Given slow start, plan on taking to 21 days still, in spite of dose increase.
-Still feeling warm at 2PM and have also noticed increased heart and respiration rate.
-Workout was rather rough. Did not feel particularly good walking into the gym. Warmup did not feel very good, and my Rows took a lot out of me, particularly the second one, which is usually the better one. Sweat a lot and noticed my sweat was stained yellow while wiping off.
-Also noticed today my muscles look and feel flat, so I’m guessing I have finally hit the stage of glycogen depletion. These workouts are going to really start sucking, and I don't think there's a glucose tablet on the planet large enough to make a difference.

Day 10, 1/4, 500mg, 172.4#
-Slept great. Not much heat overnight. No more than usual anyway. AC on 68, covers off, fan on low, etc.
-Pretty lethargic today, particularly this morning. Feeling a little better. Perceived heat has definitely been higher today, and I'm needing to run AC lower (daytime AC normally 75, and I've had to reduce to 72). I usually don't even wear a shirt around the house.und the house anyway.
-Warmth died off a few hours before evening dose, which should be spiking itself in an hour or two, which begins the cycle anew at a higher baseline. Bring it.

Day 11, 1/5, 500mg, 170.9#
-Last night was the first night with uncomfortable sleep. Quite hot all night, and while I did wake up to damp sheets underneath my shoulders, I don't recall full-on sweating.
-Had to get up three times to pee and chug water (major cottonmouth). Crazy thing is I wasn't thirsty and had to force myself to drink.
-500mg is definitely my upper dose. I should be fairly close to steady-state in a few days and expect side effects to intensify a little more.
-Workout was surprisingly good with coffee immediately before along with a tablespoon of honey, and then another tablespoon almost through first superset.

Day 12, 1/6, 500mg, 170.5#
-Slept decent… a little choppy and got up twice to pee. Surprised I was able to fall asleep given the 4PM coffee. I even fell asleep about an hour before normal.
-Didn't feel particularly hot until around 4AM, but I realize now I've just changed my sleeping habits to keep my temperature down.
-Feeling pretty worn out today. Cramps as well. Rescheduled tonight's workout for tomorrow morning. Going to indulge in some food and rest. Taking DNP a little early so peak will happen longer before tomorrow morning's workout.
-Been pooping a lot today and have had a lot of cramping. Suspect that super greens power has been constipating me.
-Going out for some good food like Whole Foods pizza and/or sushi. Then it's back to deficit.

Day 13, 1/7, 500mg, 172.8# (no doubt due to salt from shit food)

-I paid quite a price for last night's cheat food. Heat was really bad all night but finally died down to more tolerable levels early morning. I drank so much water yesterday but still woke up with cottonmouth.
-Sleep was weird. Woke up a lot but the times I was asleep it was deep enough to dream. Almost feverish at times.
-Felt quite horrible going to workout but kept going. When I started my actual MAP's, I began to feel better, and by the end I was feeling pretty good. Honey is absolutely critical for my workouts. I feel clean.
-I have a theory on water/dehydration. My guess is that lipolysis is a very fluid/water-intensive process, and if enough is not ingested, it is pulled from all over the body, creating side effects such as "cottonmouth." This happens mostly at night, and while I drink a lot during the day, the body may need fresh water constantly. It's almost as if the fluid is "marked" as unusable for recycling by the kidneys (or whatever else may do it). So where does this waste water go? The bowels? It would make sense, because in spite of drinking a lot during the day, my output volume at night doesn't really seem to match. It has to be going somewhere. But I also know that a lot is breathed out, so maybe that accounts for the perceived mismatch. Also, when there is limited water to help remove the waste created by lipolysis, maybe it tries to turn down metabolism via the thyroid? If this holds true, then drinking water during the day and night would be paramount to maximize fat loss. This would explain the water retention as well. The body is shunting all it can in priority fashion to fat cells… maybe. This is all a huge guessing game.
-Nothing planned remainder of day other than just resting. Need to make a batch of buffalo chicken, but that's it. Maybe I'll get a boner later and get a few minutes of dopamine from it.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm beat tonight. Just absolutely fried. For one (brief) moment, I considered bumping to 750mg, but tonight's workout destroyed me. I'm either wearing down, or DNP isn't done building... probably both. Two things I've noticed on DNP:

1. My heart rate just will not go over 150 or so, regardless of intensity. I'm missing about 20bpm. Leaves me gasping for breath at times... like tonight. It actually wouldn't go over 135 tonight. Seems to be a trend.... maybe towards zero?

2. My blood sugar sucks and is in the 130's pre-meal. This is totally abnormal. I'm guessing it's the glycerol produced by lipolysis?

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Day 14, 1/8, 500mg, 171.5#
-Slept pretty good. Woke up a number of times and for about an hour around 2AM. But I eventually got back to sleep and slept deep. Ran pretty hot all night and woke up to find a pretty big damp area underneath me.
-Nothing planned today. Short log. Feel tired already, and it's just mid-morning. Getting discouraged.

Day 15, 1/9, 500mg, 168.2#
-Got to sleep a little past midnight but slept pretty decently. Woke up numerous times hot and damp, especially my head/pillow. Feel alright today… little groggy, and I'm tired of the gastro issues.
-Been checking blood sugar lately, and it sucks. Fasting glucose been in the 130's. This isn't normal for me, so I'm guessing it is related to lipolysis and glycerol… hopefully.
-Bonked hard with tonight's workout. I managed to complete my first superset pretty well, but after that was a sharp drop in energy. This shit isn't done with me yet.
-Heart rate just does not get high on DNP, which leaves me struggling for breath. Ordinarily I'd be spiking 150's or 160's during Squats and could not get out of 130's tonight. This is something I've noticed since starting, but this the first I've mentioned it. It's gotten progressively lower. Tomorrow may be a problem, as it is my most intense aerobic workout of the week.

Day 16, 1/10, 500mg, 170.0#
-Slept like crap due to neighbor beneath me turning my apartment into a hotbox. I hate potheads.
-Workouts are getting worse. Managed my first Row fairly well and on-target with pace. Second Row had the same effort but output kept trending downward.
-Had skipped the previous week's dose of Semaglutide, wondering if it was interfering with the DNP. Resumed injecting today.

Day 17, 1/11, 500mg, 167.1#
-Now these are the kinds of scale numbers I like to see.
-Slept deeply. Woke up a few times, with one of them to pee. Groggy as hell this morning. Today is a rest day.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Be careful with the intense cardio. DNP lowers oxygen saturation 24/7, so when you drive up oxygen consumption your saturation will drop even lower inducing some degree of hypoxia and and worsening DNP induced tachypnea. If you have an oximeter it will scare the shit out of you on DNP.

I do about 10 minutes of stair mill or 25 minutes or brisk walking and call it a wrap on DNP, my weight training sessions are enough.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Interesting. I've noticed the breathing thing frequently. I have one more cardio session this week, but it's not as sustained and intense as Tuesday's. My watch can do saturation, but I've never used it. My workout performance has been trending downward over the whole run, with this week really feeling it. Been wondering why that is. Is it just cumulative stress on the body, continued glycogen depletion, or what? I read another post by someone that also mentioned after two weeks, their workout performance starts to take a really big hit so they keep their runs to two weeks only. My issue was it seemed to take a long time to really get started, and that didn't happen until I bumped to 500mg.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Day 17, 1/11, 500mg, 167.1#
-Now these are the kinds of scale numbers I like to see.
-Slept deeply. Woke up a few times, with one of them to pee. Groggy as hell this morning. Today is a rest day.
-Not much to say. Very little heat today. Soon I can be done with this shit, get through recovery, and assess some final results. Get a feeling I am going to need/want to run another cycle at a lower dose. 500mg isn't sustainable for the length of time needed for the results I want.

Day 18, 1/12, 0mg, 167.5#
-Slept alright, but neighbor beneath me has a guest that has been smoking cigarettes and pot all damn day. I swear it really messes with my lungs and amps me up.
-Woke up with cottonmouth, a damp pillow, and damp sheet underneath me. Slept with covers off mostly, fan on, AC on 68, and an air purifier blasting me in the face so I don't have to breathe the neighbor's bad habits all night. This is a serious air purifier that actually does filter out VOC's.
-Diet last night was good up until I started getting some heartburn. It's hard to distinguish between heartburn and hunger at times. Had an apple and two small containers of blackberries. I guess you can't really call that a binge, but I would have preferred to not have eaten them all at once (and that was after having had a large container of strawberries at dinner which were within my allotted calories for the day).
-Thursday's workout is usually pretty brutal and hard on me. With downward trend in performance, I'm not looking forward to it.
-Done. Done with this shit. Made it 17 days and just outright tired of feeling like ass. About the time I feel I've reached my trough thinking "I can't feel any worse. My workouts have bottomed out," they get worse.
-Starting recovery. Will post numbers and stuff next week. Don't really feel like I got much water retention. Overall loss on scale right this moment is 7.5#. Not sure how much weight restoring glycogen will add, nor could I guess as to any water retention. No glycogen, that's for fucking sure, though. Initial thoughts are for regular fat loss (like, not in a hurry), conservative, lower dosing is best. Much like TRT, work with the body than try and overpower it.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
One of the best and most informative logs I have seen brother. Good to see you reaching the numbers you’re wanting. Happy for ya dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I'm not sure I'm going to end up with numbers worth having done it, honestly. I didn't get very much water retention, but I totally lost water/glycogen. So after recovering, I think the scale is just going back to before I started. Not worth the misery in my case.

Six days of 250mg followed by 11 days of 500mg. I'd be open to running a longer cycle at the lowest dose, but the higher dose seemed mostly just negative side effects without any significant fat loss.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Final loss 8 pounds. Where it came from I have no idea because I don't really see it in mirror. Hopefully not muscle. Eight pounds of fat should be pretty damned visible. I've pretty much recovered at this point... was able to crank out a high intensity row with no issues last night. Muscles look and feel full again (for me).

I don't know what to think about this run. 8 pounds is a good chunk and worth the annoyance if it was actual fat and not muscle. I'm hydrated as fuck at this point, so it's definitely not water. I'm getting a scan on Friday so will be able to update with an actual, measured body fat percentage. It's just an InBody, but since I have many done behind me, there is value in comparing to previous.

I'm on the fence about doing another run. I have resumed deficit but lowered daily calories by another 100 to see if I can keep pushing further leanness. If I was to do it again, I'd likely do low-dose at 200mg daily over a longer period of time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic