Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

First meet results! Pulled 620 @ 205 ;-)

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
Great job. This is really getting me motivated to really join a PL gym. 620 at 205 for a first meet? What were some other things these powerlifters saying to you? I mean, they had to be pretty impressed. I'm not a PLer, but that sounds like a really heavy pull.

Halo

Halo

MuscleHead
Jul 5, 2011
Great job Mac, proud of you brother, keep up the hard work bigger things are ahead!

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
F-uck Yes!!!! Congrats brother awesome stuff

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks guys. Big thanks to BI and POB for GREAT advice. You guys totally called it. I actually feel like I had a decent amount more left in me. It really does feel different to get the adrenaline going and have people rooting you on.

I think I am hooked. This is a full meet in June by RPS that is local. I am thinking I will go for it as well. I would like to do all 3 lifts but I need to heal up this hip flexor which is making squatting hard. I guess I will tell in time.

Big thanks again for the support and advice.

Glad to hear you're hooked and great to hear your pulls went well (I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was sure it would go well). There is always another meet so you'll have an oppurtunity to pull even more so don't feel disapointed with your first meet. You blew away your PR and this was in a meet and not in a gym.

Now, you need to get that hip better. You don't want to train on it continually while injured b/c it could become chronic or worse. I would look for a meet farther out than a month away.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Glad to hear you're hooked and great to hear your pulls went well (I'm sure I wasn't the only one who was sure it would go well). There is always another meet so you'll have an oppurtunity to pull even more so don't feel disapointed with your first meet. You blew away your PR and this was in a meet and not in a gym.

Now, you need to get that hip better. You don't want to train on it continually while injured b/c it could become chronic or worse. I would look for a meet farther out than a month away.

Thanks man. The hip is something I have to be more mindful of for sure. It is funny, it is little things that hurt it, (like getting out of the car, or rolling over in bed). If I can keep from irritating it, it seems to do much better. It really does not hurt during the movements (squat or dead) if it is not already irritated. I have a stim machine at home I am going to begin to use to see if it helps. Keeping it loose definitely makes things much better. It is just a little hard as it is so deep in my hip. I will have to experiment.

Again, sincere thanks. It is nice to have some REAL advice from guys who have actually done it.....not some joker behind a keyboard. Just about EVERYTHING went as you said it would. It really gave me confidence going in!

Here are a few pics my wife snapped

2013-05-04_14-09-20_635_zpsfdf4682c.jpg

2013-05-04_13-59-32_294_zpsf4bfc7e9.jpg

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Way to go!
Very impressive indeed!

Hawk

K

KHC89

May 2, 2013
Nice lifts! Grats on getting through that first meet ;o

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Nice pics. One thing I didn't mention and it's worth mentioning is.... when you pull put J&J baby powder on your legs and it will help the bar travel up your legs. It's also completely legal in meets. Make sure it's Johnson & Johnson b/c there is a difference.

You may want to try putting a topical analgesic on the hip to help loosen it up. I use "screaming toast" for that reason.

Screaming Toast: http://www.ideazbrands.com/product32.html

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Very nice lifts. keep up the hard work, those are some impressive pulls.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks guys! (and gal ;) )

Nice pics. One thing I didn't mention and it's worth mentioning is.... when you pull put J&J baby powder on your legs and it will help the bar travel up your legs. It's also completely legal in meets. Make sure it's Johnson & Johnson b/c there is a difference.

You may want to try putting a topical analgesic on the hip to help loosen it up. I use "screaming toast" for that reason.

Screaming Toast: http://www.ideazbrands.com/product32.html

I saw guys using J&J powder. I was wondering what they were doing. Now I get it!

Do you find topicals help at all? This is very deep in my leg. I cant even get in to massage it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic