Rolanalon
What's New?

First Cycle: Female Anavar Log! From Bikini to Figure

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
LOL, good job!

Don't worry about this cycle and upping your dose etc...just keep doing what you are doing and next go around..switch things up :)

haha thanks!

and I'm actually able to get my hands on more var probably within a week so...I think I definitely am upping the dose and pushing the date of the competition back lol After going through this experience so far, I've definitely learned a lot about planning cycles and how to maximize its effects with training and dieting so I'm really excited for the future cycles I will run! I'll prob run my next one after I take a 8-10 week break, and have my next competiton be in October

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Unless its fake or not really Var

OR insanely underdosed.

But yes there are some women who will go there .. but these are experienced ladies most likely w/ a really good hookup cuz shit ain't cheep.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
Week 6 day 4

Since I should be getting more var this week, i decided to bump up my dosage to 15mg a day. I would like to go right to 20mg but I don't have enough to be safe and not run out before the new var comes. No negative sides at all. The new var that I'm supposed to get are 25mg tabs so I'm not sure how I'll split that...should I just see how I respond at 25mg since I only have a little bit of the cycle left? If the sides come on severely, I can drop the dosage down to 12.5 or 18.75...... if I can split it that way

Strength has been awesome and increasing! Squats felt really good and I went up to 195x5, and 205x3 and felt I could've done 5 but I had no spotter and stepped out of the rack so JUST in case, I decided to rack it.

I put a few pictures up recently and people have been responding to my size. Maybe I don't see a huge size difference because I see myself every day, but several people asked me this week if I'm on gear now lol I'm feeling good and I feel like I'm progressing well! Maybe I WILL do the June 28th show like I planned. We'll see!

Since I've been pushing low carb for a while, I decided to just go keto to see how my body'll respond.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Week 6 day 4

Since I should be getting more var this week, i decided to bump up my dosage to 15mg a day. I would like to go right to 20mg but I don't have enough to be safe and not run out before the new var comes. No negative sides at all. The new var that I'm supposed to get are 25mg tabs so I'm not sure how I'll split that...should I just see how I respond at 25mg since I only have a little bit of the cycle left? If the sides come on severely, I can drop the dosage down to 12.5 or 18.75...... if I can split it that way

Strength has been awesome and increasing! Squats felt really good and I went up to 195x5, and 205x3 and felt I could've done 5 but I had no spotter and stepped out of the rack so JUST in case, I decided to rack it.

I put a few pictures up recently and people have been responding to my size. Maybe I don't see a huge size difference because I see myself every day, but several people asked me this week if I'm on gear now lol I'm feeling good and I feel like I'm progressing well! Maybe I WILL do the June 28th show like I planned. We'll see!

Since I've been pushing low carb for a while, I decided to just go keto to see how my body'll respond.

Yay, sounds like all is going well...see young lady, just needed a little patience :) I personally would take the 25mg at once but that's me, since it is for a short time like you said...I don't see it being an issue. Like you said, you can end up splitting if there is a problem but I've done 20mg with no issues, I can't see an extra 5mg being a killer. :)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
The only note I'd add is that some people find a point of "too much" vs "the sweet spot" at ~25 mg+. I would just say watch your response and make the determination if you want to juggle it up or down.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
The only note I'd add is that some people find a point of "too much" vs "the sweet spot" at ~25 mg+. I would just say watch your response and make the determination if you want to juggle it up or down.

This is very true. In my experimentations with dosage, I have had it happen where I was at one dose for weeks until it reached a point that it was obvious I needed to drop it, which I have no issue doing and it made the world of difference. Pretty much night and day.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
Week 7 Day 1

The new var is finally in my possession :) I've been running 15mg a day, and yesterday I bumped up to 20mg. I'm running 20mg a day until I run out of the old var, then starting the new var at 25mg. I only have 2 weeks left of this cycle since I think I WILL compete June 28th. I may actually run it for an extra week, depending on how much water I hold when I up the dosage. This will give me about 2 weeks until the show to drop any unwanted water. Since I increased the dose a lot by the end, should I taper down the last week or will just ending it at 25mg be okay? There won't be any estrogen rebound?

I'm feeling confident about the progress I'm making, as my top abs are coming in nicely and my legs/arms/back are getting more defined. My lower abdomen has always been my problem area but I think being patient and running keto will really help along with the clen. Woke up at 142.5lbs this morning, and I hope to get below 140 in 3 weeks. Then again, I shouldn't gauge by weight but still.....I like seeing the numbers lol I've been doing 45min LISS every day this week because my back was shot after deadlifts and I didn't want to put so much impact on it.

I've definitely been gaining some attention, and I can't deny that I'm really enjoying it :)

No negative sides at all what so ever this whole cycle so far which is great. No acne, no yeast infections, no cracking of my voice, no nothing yet. Enlarged/sensitive clit is really about the only thing so far.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Week 7 Day 1

The new var is finally in my possession :) I've been running 15mg a day, and yesterday I bumped up to 20mg. I'm running 20mg a day until I run out of the old var, then starting the new var at 25mg. I only have 2 weeks left of this cycle since I think I WILL compete June 28th. I may actually run it for an extra week, depending on how much water I hold when I up the dosage. This will give me about 2 weeks until the show to drop any unwanted water. Since I increased the dose a lot by the end, should I taper down the last week or will just ending it at 25mg be okay? There won't be any estrogen rebound?

I'm feeling confident about the progress I'm making, as my top abs are coming in nicely and my legs/arms/back are getting more defined. My lower abdomen has always been my problem area but I think being patient and running keto will really help along with the clen. Woke up at 142.5lbs this morning, and I hope to get below 140 in 3 weeks. Then again, I shouldn't gauge by weight but still.....I like seeing the numbers lol I've been doing 45min LISS every day this week because my back was shot after deadlifts and I didn't want to put so much impact on it.

I've definitely been gaining some attention, and I can't deny that I'm really enjoying it :)

No negative sides at all what so ever this whole cycle so far which is great. No acne, no yeast infections, no cracking of my voice, no nothing yet. Enlarged/sensitive clit is really about the only thing so far.

you won't need to taper as the water drops pretty frickin quick after stopping! :)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Normally 7-10 days is sufficient to stop before a show to drop water. No reason to taper. It still has 3 weeks to attenuate at the rate of the half-life, down to no-longer-detectable. I wouldn't worry about estrogen rebound - you're going to experience post-show rebound regardless. In the much larger picture, I would be very aware of your post-show "dismount diet" - i.e. don't pound a pile of shit food the minute you step off stage. Give yourself a day or two to "enjoy" post show - if you're traveling to a show and staying at the host hotel, literally my favorite part of competition is getting Sunday breakfast at the host show hotel - usually one of those 'made-in-front-of-you' omelettes makes me happy :) But more, being there w/ friends and enjoying the accomplishment. Given I've been dieting for so many weeks, I have a terrible time digesting shit food anyway so I don't want to come out of a show gaining 15 lb of water weight within a couple of days of looking the best I've ever looked (this happened after my first show .. MISERY is the only appropriate word, followed by 6 months of absolute depression and weight gain). Use your common sense and keep the immediate post-show under control, and come Monday morning, basically reverse your competition diet, slowly adding in more calories and more variety of food so that your body can accommodate the slow, incremental changes at a rate that it dictates, vs it reacting in panic to you bombing it w/ shit food it can't process.

RE: "estrogen rebound" - eh, IMO not that big a deal on var. It's not that aggressive, it isn't introducing additional estrogen and the hormone flex back to normal is not that extreme. You might experience some increase in acne, moodiness because of the hormone flux going back to "normal", but mostly just be aware of it, and relax. Sort of like dealing w/ "that time of the month" - if you know that's what your body is going thru, understand that's all it is, don't let it leave you confused as to why you're moody and you start getting frustrated and start eating shit and getting depressed. Be patient w/ your body. Stick to your regimented eating habits, but slowly relaxing them. I'd also recommend keeping your regular eating and trainign schedule post show - after my first show I was also very depressed because suddenly after 4 months of heavily structured and focused dieting, training, 5 am cardio, getting sleep, and being so completely focused on my show, when it was over, suddenly I had none of that. No one in my life outside of the gym gave a shit about my 'big adventure on stage' because that's not part of their lives - I went back to work and I wasn't getting the excitement I thought I should've been feeling after such a big accomplishment, etc. and I was sort of lost. I didn't have to get up early in the morning, I could eat whatever I wanted, I didn't have to do cardio, I could stay up late and watch TV, I could do whatever I wanted. However, I had no idea how to eat 'normal' and had nothing else to do when I got home from work except to park in front of the TV and start eating, because I didn't have to be anywhere, including the gym. I completley lost the structure that I thrive on in my life. The easy fix is just to stick to that same framework. The more you DON"T change, or change slowly after a show, the less force your body to rush to accommodate, the less you'll experience the rebound effects. Simple :)

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
@sassy, thanks for the really detailed reply. After my last competition, I rebounded pretty hard and went through some depression as well. Since I was eating and training so strictly, and didnt know my own macros, I didn't know he to control my diet post show no matter how many articles I read about post show rebound. This prep though, I've been controlling my own diet and my own macros so I feel less restricted and I have plans to reverse diet out post show and to NOT slam so much shit down after I step off the stage. I honestly don't have crazy cravings or feelings of deprivation this prep, so I feel I'll be able to control my post show treats a LOT better. I honestly do not want to go what I went through last year with post competition. Since I'm also lining up a few shows this year, I'm going to be keeping it pretty tight on diet for a few more months after cycle as well.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
@sassy, thanks for the really detailed reply. After my last competition, I rebounded pretty hard and went through some depression as well. Since I was eating and training so strictly, and didnt know my own macros, I didn't know he to control my diet post show no matter how many articles I read about post show rebound. This prep though, I've been controlling my own diet and my own macros so I feel less restricted and I have plans to reverse diet out post show and to NOT slam so much shit down after I step off the stage. I honestly don't have crazy cravings or feelings of deprivation this prep, so I feel I'll be able to control my post show treats a LOT better. I honestly do not want to go what I went through last year with post competition. Since I'm also lining up a few shows this year, I'm going to be keeping it pretty tight on diet for a few more months after cycle as well.

It only takes one nasty rebound to learn just how pissed off your body can get at you when you don't work at the pace it can handle! My first show I was well aware of all of this and had plans to come back out w/ control, but a series of events in my personal life blew up immediately after my show and just went into a shitty shitty mood. 6 days later I was back up exactly the 18 lbs I'd lost over 4 months, except it was all water weight, stored from my knees down. Ever have your socks strangle your feet? OMG. Yea, I learned my lesson, BUT good! I frequently link this article in when discussing post show rebound just to detail all the stuff that is going on at the system level when you come out of a show - at the very least I think it is important to understand that even if you do control the eating, the body still has to work hard to find maintenance level homeostasis - it's not just "your fault", and IMO that takes a lot of the pressure off turning a natural process into a much deeper mind****.

This is more for anyone reading your thread who might be interested, than directed at you: http://www.theironden.com/forum/thr...epression?highlight=post+competition+syndrome

Particularly w/ the diet & coming off cycle, if you do experience the depression (assuming you're not already on some sort anti-D medication), Inositol is a great and very quick-acting supplement that can help. It is essentially a B vitamin and is used as a non-script depression treatment. Some info:

Good source: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-pure-inositol-powder-8-oz-227-grams-pwdr

Several articles on inisotol for depression and anxiety: https://www.google.com/#q=medscape+inositol+depression

SI - sounds like you're in a good place and I wish you all the best w/ your competitions. If you are going longer between shows, be sure to give yourself a little recovery time and watch your burnout rate. I would maybe pick one of the shows as your "primary" if you need to pick one to really peak at, and if you are going to be at less than peak, pick the better one for that. I did the USAs and North Americans in 2009 and by the time I got to the NAs, I'd been dieting for nearly 6 months, and people were telling me it showed. Just something to keep in mind.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic