Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

First Cycle - All You Need to Know

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Here is what I think is a good starter cycle for just about anyone. Please feel free to add to this or comment as you wish. This is an open forum for educated members so I'd like your feedback. These are my own words, not taken from anywhere, so feel free to comment away.

*Note - If this is truly your first cycle experience, please read all the way through and watch the videos*

Part 1: The Cycle (Injection will be discussed later in the post)

Ingredients: Testosterone (Cypionate or Enanthate), Dianabol 10mg tabs

Testosterone 500mg EW Weeks 1-10 (two 250mg shots per week)
Dianabol 30mg ED Weeks 1-4 (3 separate doses, 4-6 hours apart)

The first 4 weeks should be plenty of time to make great gains on Dbol. The first time I ever took dbol was at 25mg ED and I had awesome gains, so 30mg ED should be more than enough for a beginner. Also, that dose should be free of really painful back pumps for most people. By week 5 the Test should be reaching peak blood plasma levels and really kicking into gear.

Part 2: Protection & Maintenance

Ingredients: Arimidex or Exemestane and HCG

Aromatase Inhibitors (AI) - Use as needed when gyno starts to develop
Arimidex at 0.25mg to 0.5mg EOD and Exemestane at 12.5mg EOD or E3D

Testosterone and especially Dbol can cause male breast tissue to develop during the course of your cycle. This can be treated by using a suicide inhibibiting AI. This will actually stop the conversion to estrogen, thus limiting gyno growth. Nolvadex can also be used, but it merely blocks the receptor by occupying it and will not stop the aromatase process. You can run an AI throughout the cycle to help avoid getting gyno in the first place, but I choose not to because it can cause joint soreness and irritation if taken too often.

Part 2b: HCG

Ingredients: Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG)

HCG 250 IU Twice Weekly starting at week 4 or 5

I am a huge advocate of HCG. It mimics Leutenizing Hormone (LH) in the testes and will keep them from atrophying (shrinking), thus increasing the chances of full recovery for the Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis (HPTA).

HCG is administered most commonly through subcutaneous (subQ) injection with an insulin needle (slin pin). It comes as a lypholized powder and needs to b reconstituted with bacteriostatic water (bac water or bac). It's much easier than it sounds. SubQ injections are also much easier than the Intramuscular ones you will need to perform when injecting gear.

Here is a video on how to inject subcutaneously:

Part 3: Post Cycle Therapy (PCT)

Ingredients: HCG and Nolvadex and/or Clomid

For a 10 week cycle as such, 4 weeks of PCT can be recommended. I like to use a combination of the drugs Nolvadex (Nolva) and Clomid. However, beacuse of the half life of the Enanthate or Cypionate ester in the Testosterone, you must wait at least 3 weeks for your blood levels to drop below normal. At this point, your body will attempt a recovery of your suppressed HPTA. So, your PCT will start week 14.

In weeks 11-13 there will be no injections of any hormones. Blood plasma levels will peak somewhere in the middle of that time frame and then decline to the end. Herein lies the possibility of backloading a cycle with Testosterone propionate. However, I don't think it's necessary or appropriate for a new user to worry about doing this the first time around. Here is the HCG schedule for weeks 11-13:

Week 11: 250 IUs twice that week
Week 12: 250 IUs EOD
Week 13: 500 IUs EOD

*Note - DISCONTINUE use of HCG prior to commencing PCT

Week 14: 100mg Clomid ED and 40mg Nolva ED
Week 15: 100mg Colmid ED and 40mg Nolva ED
Week 16: 50mg Clomid ED and 20mg Nolva ED
Week 17: 50mg Clomid ED and 20mg Nolva ED

*Note - Either drug may be used alone, but I believe both used together are of greater value than either by itself

After week 17, if you've done everything correctly, you should be almost fully recovered. Your body may take a few more weeks to kick back into gear, but you should be well on your way.

At this point it is recommended that you give your body (and your endocrine system) some much needed time "off." Going by the book, you should take as much time off ans you spent on plus time for PCT. So, 13 weeks leading up to PCT plus 4 weeks of PCT equals 17 weeks off. On the 18th week off you can begin a new cycle if you wish to do so at this time. Many people take much less time off than is recommended, but to be on the safe side, this is what I recommend.

Needle selection and Injection

For most guys, a 23 to 25 guage needle thickness is perfect for injecting oil based AAS into the muscle. If you are of average BF% (15% to 20%) you will likely need a 1.5" needle length to get the job done in the glutes. For the shoulders, thighs, and ventroglute areas a 1" long needle will suffice.

Here is a good site that discusses different injection sites and techniques...

http://spotinjections.com/

If you are drawing the oil from a vial, I always recommend using a different needle to draw and to inject. Use a 20 or 21 guage needle to draw, as it will be much easier than trying to draw with a 23g or 25g. Simply screw off the drawing needle and replace it with a fresh sterile injection needle. Pull the amount of air into the syringe that corresponds with the amount of oil you will draw out. Insert the needle into the vial, depress the plunger on the syringe to push the air inside. This will help you pull the oil out of the vial. This is much easier if you have the vial upside down.

Here is a video that discusses Intramuscular injections: Pay particular attention to the "aspiration" part. The only difference I would advise is that instead of taking "3-5 seconds" to inject, spread it out over 30 seconds or more. This will help to desrease injection soreness that may arise later on.

As a final note I would like to point out that this information is intended to educate you on the proper procedure for completing a successful cycle for the first time. However, it is not an authoritative guide for success. You alone determine the success of your cycle through your dedication to diet and training.

Prior to attmepting this cycle, you should have a number of solid training years under your belt, have your diet up to par, and be free from any injuries. AAS will increase your strength far more rapidly than when training naturally and this will put stress on your connective tissues. This is a terrible idea if you are aready suffering from an injury.

If this is the first thing you are reading about cycling AAS congratulations, you have more information than most people when starting their first cycle. HOWEVER, there is still more research to be done.

1. Know what side effects to expect from each drug and how to deal with them
2. What to do if something goes awry
3. Always have all of your gear (including PCT items) in hand before you start the cycle
4. Research testosterone esters and their "half-lives"
5. Feel like you're more than ready when you start
6. This is no joke....you simply can't half ass it and have even decent results

**IMPORTANT**
As a side note, you probably WILL NOT find a reliable source right out of the gate. Trust me, this is for the better. It will force you to get invloved in forums discussing AAS and you will learn more everyday and meet great people. Somewhere down the road (hopefully sooner than later) you will find a reliable source. The number one rule you should follow is never ask anyone directly for a new source (or on the open forum for that matter) that you don't personally know. They are either going to ignore, cuss you out, or scam you. Any way you look at it, not a good proposition.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
Its NEVER a bad idea to add 10mg of NOLVA throughout a cycle.. People dont know it but your cholesterol can and will creep up on you.. Its evevitable.. At 500mg maybe not at first but after the first cycle 12.5 mg of aromasin EOD isnt a bad idea either.. Better safe than sorry.. Direct labs is cheap and easy way to get blood bone.. ESTRO test is 45$ and a 3fold T test is about 70.. Save s you $1000.00 and possibly YEARS of your live down the road..

GREAT POST GS!!!

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Gonna link to this in my latest blog...great info as always GS!!

N

nitlion4

Apr 5, 2011
This is one of the best first cycle reads I've found on any forum (and I've been to many). Thanks for the great info!!

Nitlion

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Good read,

How ever 99% of the people WILL NOT need the d-vol on a first
Cycle,And possibly 2-3rd either.
We need to teach the fact that more is not where it is at when starting
gear,And patients plays a major part in proper training and use.

I also would Adex instead of nolva.
Other than that beautiful !

My 2c.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Good read,

My 2c.

Not speaking for GS, but he is NOT one that pushes high doses or "more is more".

Think about a first time user. He finally takes the leap and starts jabbing himself and then 2 weeks later, nothing has changed and he gets discouraged. At this point, some newbies will think that they aren't using enough and raise the dosage significantly, others will buy more compounds and start running them, and still others will assume their shit is bunk and quit pinning. Any one of those examples is a good reason for kickstarting a first cycle with dbol.

Also, are you implying that you would run Adex during PCT instead of nolva? Could you give more reasoning behind this? I know that was the old-school thought, but I haven't had anyone convince me yet of a good reason to completely limit estrogen during PCT.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I completely agree with what SAD has said. Most people try to jump on dbol at 50mg ED straight away. So, I encourage lower doses such as 20-30mg ED because that's all you really need in the beginning, for most guys anyway. I'm an advocate of kickstarts with cycles and also making sure newbies know that that's one of the few purposes for orals and you really really have to focus on pinning because that's where the lasting gains come from. Everyone is different so I would say 99% is always going to be too high of a figure no matter what you're talking about.

As far as the adex, there's no reason to use it during PCT, in fact, I would not recommend it at all. HCG will raise E2 levels so you need to keep taking the adex up until you finish the HCG blast at the end. After that, you are going to want some estrogen to work with. I run into people all the time who think that having ZERO estrogen will improve their gains. However, almost all the people I've heard of to try that have lost their sex drive completely. On PCT, when your test levels begin very low, is the LAST time you will want to have something else effecting your sex drive. The body tries to achieve homeostasis whenever possible, so by eliminating your sex drive it's telling you, "hey, stop doing whatever you're doing bro." Nolva is perfect for PCT because it's a blocker and not a suicide inhibitor. It won't drop your levels of E2 severely low, but rather just keep them in check.

Thank you for posting on this thread guys :) I'm always open to feedback and will continue to help as many people as I can get a good start in this world of gear.

Good read,

My 2c.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Firstly PLEASE I ment NO disrespect!!
Okay what my point was is that "noobs" need to learn disipline and patients ,When a person makes the decision to use gear we all know that it is a choice not to be taken lightly.We need to really think about this,Do our research read research some more.........Than more thought.
I am just pointing out that a newbie is in a rush to go like hell and just get juicen "come on let me take more,This isnt happening fast enough!"
This is where your points come into play to help with quicker gains to pasify the new user..........I believe most of us that have been around anabolics at on time or another were taken under someones wing and schooled on the proper way todo things.
If research was done and "home work" studies,Then the educated user would realize "shit nothings happening!! Oh yeah its gonna take almost 3 weeks before I take off! Well Ill just work my ass till than!"

Im just saying I beleive we should educate more,To bring a smarter athelete to maturity.Whom no doubt would have an incredible body nurtured from his/her hard work and education !

Now as far as adex goes I misunderstood,I am saying on cycle adex is the shit.......I have run ARIMIDEX into PCT but by than I am using a quater tab every 4 days for 2 weeks after the cycle ends,Than I begin the clomid blast with support supps.
Nolvadex does not really do much at all for me.So normally I do not use it.

So Guys I believe that we have come to a mid point with both of us making valid points!

So again no disrespect,Just my opion.......Thanx

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Firstly PLEASE I ment NO disrespect!!
Okay what my point was is that "noobs" need to learn disipline and patients ,When a person makes the decision to use gear we all know that it is a choice not to be taken lightly.We need to really think about this,Do our research read research some more.........Than more thought.
I am just pointing out that a newbie is in a rush to go like hell and just get juicen "come on let me take more,This isnt happening fast enough!"
This is where your points come into play to help with quicker gains to pasify the new user..........I believe most of us that have been around anabolics at on time or another were taken under someones wing and schooled on the proper way todo things.
If research was done and "home work" studies,Then the educated user would realize "shit nothings happening!! Oh yeah its gonna take almost 3 weeks before I take off! Well Ill just work my ass till than!"

Im just saying I beleive we should educate more,To bring a smarter athelete to maturity.Whom no doubt would have an incredible body nurtured from his/her hard work and education !

Now as far as adex goes I misunderstood,I am saying on cycle adex is the shit.......I have run ARIMIDEX into PCT but by than I am using a quater tab every 4 days for 2 weeks after the cycle ends,Than I begin the clomid blast with support supps.
Nolvadex does not really do much at all for me.So normally I do not use it.

So Guys I believe that we have come to a mid point with both of us making valid points!

So again no disrespect,Just my opion.......Thanx

No worries greatgunz.... thats just how SAD communicates he's really a good guy and pretty knowledgable.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Hey Gunz, noob here and I'm following Get Some's recommended cycle almost exactly... Including the 30mg of dbol. I completely understand what you're saying as far as running straight test for a first cycle. I've also heard as a reason for that so you have a baseline understanding of your sides from just test and can differentiate later on which compounds cause you which sides.

But I am LOVING the dbol... What a great compound. I did get some advice from another one of the guys here, MAYO "don't let the dbol go to your head" referring to the very quickly attained gains in size and strength.

My point behind all this though is that there are noobs like me who spent a year and a half researching and before I do anything I post a thread making sure I'm good to go. Then there are noobtards that no matter what you tell them, they think they know better.

Get Some is quite simply "the man" who everyone knows they can go to with a question, but even he; Almighty Super Mod Get Some can't fix stupid lol... :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic