Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Firming Glutes and inner thighs

A

Anna_lev

TID Lady Member
Oct 7, 2010
I"m off on a trip to Barbados in July My inner thighs are saggy. I know it's age related, saggy skin. I have always had loose skin on my tummy when I'm lean but now I see it at other spots as I age.

I started doing one legged leg presses, closer stance to isolate the inner thigh.

What's the secret to firming them and the glutes?​

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i would hit the abductor/adductor machine, i know it is a silly looking and feeling machine but it has helped mine a lot. it hits the inner thigh and the outer thigh and glutes. also start doing lunges, they suck but they have really helped me since i started doing them.

i carry my fat on my ass and thighs and i am still struggling to get rid of it but it is going away, slowly :)

oh and you can never go wrong with squats but you got to go all the way down and no half reps. since i finally got my squat form right my thighs have started changing a lot!

and it is great to have you post. thank you :D

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
squats for sure, and IMO split squats are the bomb for hitting the glutes, it is the first thing I have found that actually hits the glutes enough to make them sore (and I go a** to grass on regular squats and dont get that much glute work). I have found that the best split squats are done on the smith machine (at least IMO) since it helps keep you from losing your balance and you can use quite a bit of weight that way. Using dbs I always felt like I would fall over and it just wasn't a comfortable move...

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i just started doing sumo squats and they not only hit the ass great but the inner thigh as well. definately recommend trying these!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
that reminds me, the best glutes I have ever seen are on my sweetie LOL(maybe I am partial, but he has great glutes)...and he is a world class competitive powerlifter, he does sumo deadlifts....maybe that is one I need to add to my mix as well. His rear was totally flat like a board before he started training after high school, and now it is a pair of glutes to envy

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I know its a female section but let me butt in with my IMO if you ladies don't mind... some have trouble activating glutes because the spine is in excessive lordotic curve(arching) and its usually caused by tight hip flexors. the symptoms are inability to go deep on squats, excessive bending forward, and overactivation of lumbar and hamstrings when squatting(as opposed to quads and glutes). keeping flexibility in hip flexors and keeping a neutral spinal position(flat) at the bottom of squat will activate glutes best. simply tighten up your guts when reaching the bottom of squat and pushing with heels will help with this.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I know its a female section but let me butt in with my IMO if you ladies don't mind... some have trouble activating glutes because the spine is in excessive lordotic curve(arching) and its usually caused by tight hip flexors. the symptoms are inability to go deep on squats, excessive bending forward, and overactivation of lumbar and hamstrings when squatting(as opposed to quads and glutes). keeping flexibility in hip flexors and keeping a neutral spinal position(flat) at the bottom of squat will activate glutes best. simply tighten up your guts when reaching the bottom of squat and pushing with heels will help with this.

just because it is the female section, doesnt mean we dont want you guys opinion. we have our own sub forum for those discussions.

it is very good information. thank you. i have been spending a lot of time working on my squat technique and form and i have a lot of work left to do on it but it is amazing how much different it feels now that im getting better. much more effective on the butt cheeks and a lot less pain in the back :D

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
well thank you ladies!! I see all kinds of issues surrounding squats with people I train(trainer going 13 yrs) and thought I'd share. the symptoms I described is called lower cross syndrome. can't feel your glutes working? you prob got it. enjoy...
What is Lower Crossed Syndrome? | Back Into It
love your new avi ATW:-bd

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
well thank you ladies!! I see all kinds of issues surrounding squats with people I train(trainer going 13 yrs) and thought I'd share. the symptoms I described is called lower cross syndrome. can't feel your glutes working? you prob got it. enjoy...
What is Lower Crossed Syndrome? | Back Into It
love your new avi ATW:-bd

i can really feel my glutes now but there was a long time when i didnt. it is amazing how different a squat feels when it is done right. i like them better now than i ever have. i still have to figure out how to keep my upper body straighter though.

thanks, im not sure i like it but my OCD makes me change them frequently. :))

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic