Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Finasteride Question

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
For either men or women for hair and acne. The theory goes that if you are using nandrolone and take finasteride it would make any issues related to 5 alpha reductase (skin and esp scalp) worse because DHN is much weaker compared to DHT, and N is a stronger androgen than T. Obviously if you're taking T and combine with FIN it would lessen acne and hair loss in women on T or HRT (T) as observed in the trans lit (FTM) but it also decreases the transition a trans would want (beard growth, bigger clit, etc.). If you're a non-binary girl that floats in the middle or female just looking to add muscle and lose fat, you want some of the male characteristics but not all so FIN might be helpful. With the guys looking to lessen hair loss on T, FIN would make sense BUT we know how it could kill libido, worsen ED, etc. possibly permanently. The question is, what if you are using both T and ND and still want to minimize hair loss and acne (either male or female) for any reason. I've read all the speculation, but has anyone male or female tried adding FIN to a combined T and ND cycle or for HRT (lower doses)? So far I've only seen speculation (warning do not combine FIN with Deca or you'll go bald), but does it really happen the way we thing it might? I've never seen any research paper address it or any thread where someone has actually tried it, male or female.

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
It was the general rule 20 years ago. Deca+Propecia = hairloss. That said, I've always wanted to know but unfortunately (or fortunately) different things affect different people differently. That was a weird sentence. Wait a minute, I just fully read what you're asking. I don't know about any of that shit.

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
I confidently combine finasteride, nandrolone and testosterone replacement therapy. Trick is to balance finasteride according to your DHT needs. For example, effective dosage strategies may be (off the cuff):
500mg Testosterone/week, 2.5mg finasteride daily
200mg Test w/ 100mg Nandrolone decanoate (ND), 1.25mg finasteride daily
150mg Test w/ 150mg ND, 1mg fina daily
100mg test w/ 200mg ND, 1mg finasteride most days of the week
100mg test w/ 400mg ND, 1mg fina eod

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I confidently combine finasteride, nandrolone and testosterone replacement therapy. Trick is to balance finasteride according to your DHT needs. For example, effective dosage strategies may be (off the cuff):
500mg Testosterone/week, 2.5mg finasteride daily
200mg Test w/ 100mg Nandrolone decanoate (ND), 1.25mg finasteride daily
150mg Test w/ 150mg ND, 1mg fina daily
100mg test w/ 200mg ND, 1mg finasteride most days of the week
100mg test w/ 400mg ND, 1mg fina eod
Did you find adding FIN helpful with regard to hair loss? This is for one of my female clients on HRT (T) prescribed. Having issues with hair loss with T w/o FIN. Started using ND compounded instead and has had fewer problems, but nothing beats how one feels on T, male or female. She found adding FIN 2.5 mg/d helpful when on T, but was concerned that if both T and N were combined, adding FIN would offset the protective effects of reduced DHT by also reducing DHN in the scalp. The hair loss is the only side that is stressing her out to no end. Has had some virilization that is now stable and is fine with it, but the hair loss is an issue. I know its not just DHT as hair loss is multifactorial. In addition, there is so much we're finding out about 5ARis nasty sides short and long term and that some DHT is necessary for overall health, esp the brain.

roc

roc

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2011
Nothing will stop hair loss, if your prone to it your gonna loose it, nothing will help you. If you wanna keep ur hair, don’t mess with gear, all the money and stress about keeping your hair, will lead you down a path of worry anyway, so if the gear life is something you want, jump in with both feet. Cause ur just wasting your money with the hair drugs brother, nothing is gonna keep it, plus those hair drugs put a hold on your gains so why waste your money on gear then??

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Nothing will stop hair loss, if your prone to it your gonna loose it, nothing will help you. If you wanna keep ur hair, don’t mess with gear, all the money and stress about keeping your hair, will lead you down a path of worry anyway, so if the gear life is something you want, jump in with both feet. Cause ur just wasting your money with the hair drugs brother, nothing is gonna keep it, plus those hair drugs put a hold on your gains so why waste your money on gear then??
I look at it like this. If there is genetic predisposition, its going to fall out regardless, it may take longer and happen a little later in life, both men and women. However, one has to ask the question as they look in the mirror, and this goes for the low dose/HRT both men and women as well. For guys, in 10 years would you rather be a pot bellied, weak, T2D tub of shit with low T health issues and some hair or even lots of hair, or be bald or shave off what is left and still have a decent physique, libido, erectile function, etc. because you stayed on or started HRT or did low dose cycles and accelerated hair loss? For the women, pretty much the same. Do you want to end up with hair loss regardless AND be a menopausal, depressed, obese, weak mess with osteoporosis or cut it short, wear a wig and stay lean, hard, strong and vibrant as you age?

roc

roc

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2011
I’m surprised they haven’t nailed hair loss yet!! Or came up with a way to give you hair. I’m one who looks great bald, and can pull it off, but many can’t, and I get it.

Reactions: 5.0
W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Sometimes I wonder about conditions like hair loss, BPH, loss of visual accommodation, arthritis, chronic pain, ED from low T, etc. Think of the billions made off treating the symptoms and then treating the side effects of the drugs and treatments use to treat the symptoms. If you were on the money side of that equation would you want a cure or good treatment for the cause? I don't think behind any closed door in the boardrooms of health insurance providers and health care providers, anyone cares about anything other than making money for the institution and shareholders. They want you alive but broken, only way to make money. It's pretty clear that testosterone can put a woman's libido through the roof, no money in it. 6 inj of Vyleesi, about $4500. Addyi $500 for a month and a shit load of side effects. 10 - 20 mg of script TC a week less than $0.50 a week including the syringe. Follow the money.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic