Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Finasteride Depression

Warhead14

Warhead14

TID Board Of Directors
Jul 23, 2011
Started taking Finasteride about 8 days ago to keep my hairline intact. I got it through " KEEPS" as it was a reasonable price. Yesterday was noticing I was on a bummer and thought I wonder if 'stride is crashing my DHT too low. And sure enough Im pretty sure thats whats up. Of course I googled it and apparently is like 70% of users get that side effect. Well, that went into the trash...

956Vette

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2010
KEEPS set you up with 1mg/day 'stride? Doc once told me that dosing half, 1/2mg finasteride, alleviated ~90% of potential side effects will retaining much of the DHT blocking. Still, good on your for trashing it (personally been using most of my life, look forward to quitting...).

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Started taking Finasteride about 8 days ago to keep my hairline intact. I got it through " KEEPS" as it was a reasonable price. Yesterday was noticing I was on a bummer and thought I wonder if 'stride is crashing my DHT too low. And sure enough Im pretty sure thats whats up. Of course I googled it and apparently is like 70% of users get that side effect. Well, that went into the trash...

J

JohnyBee

Jan 28, 2022
Would recommend taking 1mg of Finasteride EOD. Tried 1mg ED and felt the same.
You can check this video as to why Finasteride less frequently is still enough for hair:

J

JohnyBee

Jan 28, 2022
Would recommend taking 1mg of Finasteride EOD. Tried 1mg ED and felt the same.
You can check this video as to why Finasteride less frequently is still enough for hair:
There are certain booster that could help as well at supplements4muscle store

B

Brindisi

Jul 26, 2022
As I began encountering more and more cases of depression treatment in adults, I decided to do a statistic on depressant medications.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Anyways, resurrecting an old thread. Have you thought of trying topical version? I think it’s by hims.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Anyways, resurrecting an old thread. Have you thought of trying topical version? I think it’s by hims.
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25074865/ A 0.25% topical solution will reduce circulating DHT only about 5% less than a 1 mg oral tablet. It is absorbed pretty well. There was a recent study using it on excess hair growth in women (non scalp) it is effective, but also tanks circulating DHT. As Mike RN said, let the DHT flow, embrace the baldness.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
My head is so fucked up and scarred that I look like Freddy Kreuger when bald so I gotta keep my little bit or I get stared at too much, makes me all insecure..LOL

B

Brindisi

Jul 26, 2022
As I began encountering more and more cases of depression treatment in adults, I decided to do a statistic on depressant medications.
Finasteride was the first one in my crosshairs. As it turned out, the overall cumulative incidence of depressive symptoms with and without finasteride was 3.33% versus 2.54%. A meta-analysis of random effects yielded an odds ratio of 2.14. In addition, the risk of suicidal ideation or behavior was higher with finasteride compared with no finasteride (21.2% vs. 14.0%), and the risk of persistent sexual dysfunction was high (60.1%). Therefore, I believe in being wary of this drug to avoid more negativity. Use a better medication instead. For example, agomelatine.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic