Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Finally bought a good office chair. Should have done this a while ago!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I spend a good bit of time in front of my computer as I work from home. I have gotten by for years with what I thought was a decent office chair. Dont even remember where I got it, but it has several adjustments...etc.

My wife for a while has been on me to get a nicer chair, noting that I slouch a lot trying to get comfortable. She compared my old chair to the father on frasier's old green one ;) (It is black, but I was attached to it). Also since my spinal fracture and disk injuries a year ago, I have been struggling more sitting for long periods of time.

Anyway, I decided to look around and shop for a better chair. I settled on an industry standard. Herman Miller Aeron. Not a cheap chair by any means. There are fancier and more expensive ones, but the Aeron has been around for a long time and I could not find anything but positive feedback on it.

I took the plunge and am finishing my first week with my new chair. I have to say I like it MUCH more. I find I hold a posture much better. I seem a lot less 'stiff' getting up which I think is because I sit better in this new chair. I like to work with a slight recline position, and the chair has positive detents and stops as well as tension adjustments. I also got the adjustable 'butterfly' lumbar, which I am glad I went for.

Anyway....to anyone who sits at a desk, I have to say I am VERY happy and no regrets on this one!

s-l300__46545.1556727176.500.750.jpg

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I bought one of these for my home office, after having it a year, bought another for work. Since then everyone at work wants one. Weighing over 300 at over 6 foot calls for a big sturdy chair.
35157cfa763c40e23831dc7c203fbb49.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
yes both are nice...i need an upgrade for sure.....I am sitting on an $80 piece of shit but i do have the adjustable height desk so i can stand when i need to get a break from sitting.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I’ll look into these two! I need a new one at work, the chair randomly sinks and gives out! Always great when in a meeting!!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Going on 2 weeks in new chair, and it is a HUGE difference. I am finding that I actually sit in it rather than slouching and sliding into all kinds of 'lounging' positions. I can lean back in this, and I kind of work in a nice recline. (works for me).

Anyway, when I get up, I am not experiencing as much discomfort. All in all, I feel stupid for not doing this sooner. I am not one to 'waste' money, but I also dont mind spending money on things that are well made and 'worth' it. I just did not realize there would be such a difference in a "good" chair.

No regrets. Although now I would like the dressy one which has polished aluminum accents. (same chair, but cooler looking). :D Actually I would like some carbon fiber accents in there as well ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic