This morning…

Attachments

• 146C4CCF-7B9C-4C4C-9510-A6E8DF02FC93.png
    146C4CCF-7B9C-4C4C-9510-A6E8DF02FC93.png
    133.5 KB · Views: 72
GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Any kind of carbs in particular? Amount?

What about the period in between? Carb up then too?

Day of show breakfast?
Anyone? Bueller? I am really needing to know considering the carbs I have been taking in are wicked low but was never really given guidance on how many carbs to take in.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@GaryG68 for my last contest, my coach had me do a high carb day on Thurs; Medium carb day on Fri. show was Sat morning/night.

High carb day (Thursday)
Meal one:
3 oz of chicken breast
4 oz sweet potato

Meal two:
3 oz of cooked chicken breast
100 grams of jasmine rice
4 oz of asparagus

Meal three:
3 oz of cooked 93/7 lean beef or ground turkey 93/7
100 grams of cooked jasmine rice

Meal four:
4 oz of cooked sweet potato

Meal five:
3 oz of cooked 93/7 lean beef
4 oz asparagus

• Medium carb day: (Friday)
    Meal one:
    1 scoops of whey isolate
    4 oz sweet potato

Meal two:
  • 3 oz of cooked chicken breast
    70 grams of cooked jasmine rice
    2 oz of asparagus

Meal three:
    3 oz of cooked 93/7 lean beef or lean ground turkey 93/7
    70 grams of jasmine rice
    2 oz of asparagus

Meal four:
    4 oz sweet potato

Meal five:
    50 grams of cooked jasmine rice

Saturday's diet is (TBA) bring lean ground beef 93/7 and/or 93/7 ground turkey and chicken breast for
    protein

For carbs have jasmine rice and sweet potatoes at your disposal.

Of course, this was for me at about 149#, female.
I think it was that morning, after looking at my morning check in, my coach told me to have something. i think i had some sweet potatoes.

Hope this helps.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
@GaryG68 for my last contest, my coach had me do a high carb day on Thurs; Medium carb day on Fri. show was Sat morning/night.

High carb day (Thursday)
Meal one:
3 oz of chicken breast
4 oz sweet potato

Meal two:
100 grams of jasmine rice
4 oz of asparagus

Meal three:
3 oz of cooked 93/7 lean beef or ground turkey 93/7
100 grams of cooked jasmine rice

Meal four:

Meal five:
3 oz of cooked 93/7 lean beef
4 oz asparagus

• Medium carb day: (Friday)
    Meal one:
    1 scoops of whey isolate
    4 oz sweet potato

Meal two:
  • 3 oz of cooked chicken breast
    70 grams of cooked jasmine rice
    2 oz of asparagus

Meal three:
    70 grams of jasmine rice
    2 oz of asparagus

Meal four:
    4 oz sweet potato

Meal five:
    50 grams of cooked jasmine rice

Saturday's diet is (TBA) bring lean ground beef 93/7 and/or 93/7 ground turkey and chicken breast for
    protein

For carbs have jasmine rice and sweet potatoes at your disposal.

Of course, this was for me at about 149#, female.
I think it was that morning, after looking at my morning check in, my coach told me to have something. i think i had some sweet potatoes.

Hope this helps.
Ok, so your hi-carb day is about 168
medium carb day is about 111

Yea, I am WAY the fuck off...

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013

Well yours will be different, of course. But you can use the #'s as a ratio....

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022

If I get 75-90grams of carbs a day that's a lot.

Some days it's lower than that.

My energy level has gone through the floor because of the 1700-1900cal/day I am doing this week, on top of the 200cal/day I did for the past two weeks.

My carbs have been stupid low, for no other reason other than they just, well, have been. I did go above my cal limit Sunday and yesterday, and carbed the fuck up on a bagel and rice cakes yesterday because I was DRAGGING ass.

Yesterday morning I was 200.2, this morning 206.6. I had 4 sliders wife made on top of what I had already ate because I was starving, then killed almost a dozen rice cakes because I was still hungry, thankfully my Division doesn't have a weight limit so I am not too concerned about my weight but the wife is definitely concerned about the strain I am putting on my body.

After work I will post my meals for the week so you can see and tell me if I am doing ok or being stupid about it.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
If I get 75-90grams of carbs a day that's a lot.

Some days it's lower than that . . . .
No personal experience with contest prep, but I also have a wife who seems to care about me.

Bodybuilding's cool. So are wives. Bova, a coupla others I've mentioned here will be better with numbers, but remember this contest is just a learning experience for what you'll be accomplishing in the future.

You're doing this to enjoy it ... not to endure it.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Alrighty, posing routine music uploaded, 202.4 as of this morning before my leg workout. Two more workouts to go, lighter weight/higher reps, then the show.

I am taking off from working Sun to Wed and getting back in the gym Thursday morning. I of course plan on sticking to the diet, just increasing the calories for a few weeks before levelling back off at around 300cal.

I found two really good vids on post-show rebound if anyone wants to give them a watch.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y6lpYLUmsk&list=FL1T81Psd-4u7pzUD61XJY-w&index=2

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf9C9EpT3uo&list=FL1T81Psd-4u7pzUD61XJY-w

Last edited:
BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Reverse diet is so important here......at least i think so. But many do not and just go back to whatever....my coach gives me a reverse diet and i follow it....because it has yummy carbs and usually white rice....so good after being in deficit for so long. The night after the show is an indulgence for sure, but usually after that i feel like shit and wanna go back to eating clean lol.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
Reverse diet is so important here......at least i think so. But many do not and just go back to whatever....my coach gives me a reverse diet and i follow it....because it has yummy carbs and usually white rice....so good after being in deficit for so long. The night after the show is an indulgence for sure, but usually after that i feel like shit and wanna go back to eating clean lol.
I hear ya, I been eating clean for so long, with the occasional cheat here and there, that I honestly cannot see myself falling off the wagon. I mean I am 100% sure it is possible but I know if I do I will lose everything I worked so hard for and wind up hating myself so the plan is increasing calories to about 3300/day for awhile before going back to 3000.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Ok, once again I'm late to the show so I'll offer nothing on the carb issue since that ship has kinda sailed.

I will add in something about posing though and hope it helps. You probably heard this before but pose from the bottom up. A mistake I see alot is forgetting who really matters; the judges. Most guys and gals pose for their socal media and check out how they look in a mirror; that's not the angle the judges will be viewing you at. Pay attention to how you look from their angle.

And good luck!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic