Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Final Week is upon me...

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
I would appreciate everyone's thoughts and input that you might have as I enter the final weekend before the show next week on the 30th.

As you know from my "Current Nutrition Plan" post, last week and this week I have been at 2000cal/day on my way down as the show got closer. I plan on going between 1700-1900cal/day for the final week, with plenty of water intake Sun-Thurs before cutting it out Thursday night into Friday and then Saturday so I can lose as much water as possible.

I am in the process of figuring out my daily meals now, mainly thinking of focusing on:

liquid eggs (25cal/5g protein per 46g serving size)

99% lean ground turkey (120cal/26g protein per 112g serving size)

shakes (110cal/25g protein per 30g serving size)

While I am trying to eliminate carbs as much as possible as I have already been doing, I might possibly do oatmeal for breakfast 1 or 2 days next week (oatmeal, PB2, protein powder, blueberries, 700.3cal/66.1g protein/67.35g carbs).

This is just for the nutrition end, the workout I plan on keeping the same.

If anyone has any thoughts, I would love to hear them.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have never dieted for a show, so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction, but is cutting water still a thing for shows? I know this was an old school method the last couple days before a show, but I hear more and more coaches on the podcasts these days mention they don't have clients cut water anymore.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I have never dieted for a show, so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction, but is cutting water still a thing for shows? I know this was an old school method the last couple days before a show, but I hear more and more coaches on the podcasts these days mention they don't have clients cut water anymore.

It absolutely is man. I’m pretty sure Greg is on top of the water manipulation part and has a pretty solid plan with that from his coach. That’s a very good point to bring up though. Water manipulation can fucking make or break you when it comes to these shows. People that fuck that part up, have no chance at placing. I like having Greg here and glad he found the board. I feel that he’s gonna be a very good contributing member, he has been already. I think he may be seeking advice from experienced guys that have done shows to help him tweak the small details. Who knows, I may be wrong. But I hope he finds what he’s looking for. He’s looking awesome up to this point and has been committed as fuck. Looking forward to seeing pics from the show and results. I fucking love this shit and this lifestyle, and the camaraderie that it can bring. Kill this shit Gary!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
It absolutely is man. I’m pretty sure Greg is on top of the water manipulation part and has a pretty solid plan with that from his coach. That’s a very good point to bring up though. Water manipulation can fucking make or break you when it comes to these shows. People that fuck that part up, have no chance at placing. I like having Greg here and glad he found the board. I feel that he’s gonna be a very good contributing member, he has been already. I think he may be seeking advice from experienced guys that have done shows to help him tweak the small details. Who knows, I may be wrong. But I hope he finds what he’s looking for. He’s looking awesome up to this point and has been committed as fuck. Looking forward to seeing pics from the show and results. I fucking love this shit and this lifestyle, and the camaraderie that it can bring. Kill this shit Gary!

I appreciate that man, I really do, thank you.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
I think he may be seeking advice from experienced guys that have done shows to help him tweak the small details.

This…

I have the overall nutrition and workout program locked in and have for some time now. It is the final contest prep that I am flying by the seat of my pants on and want to make sure I don’t fuck it up in the homestretch because that would seriously suck.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
A key thing to remember is the carb up meal so you look full on stage. The week before you are depleting everything....then pow you introduce a carb load and your muscles absorb that shit and fill out to help you look full. Do that mid day a few hours before night show i imagine. burger and fries should do the trick lol.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
A key thing to remember is the carb up meal so you look full on stage. The week before you are depleting everything....then pow you introduce a carb load and your muscles absorb that shit and fill out to help you look full. Do that mid day a few hours before night show i imagine. burger and fries should do the trick lol.
yea thanks, I heard that between pre-judging (11:00am) and the finals (6:00pm) I should carb up. I just wasn't sure how much carbs to do. I know fries are loaded with them, so is oatmeal. I sat down last night to start planning the meals next week and I planned on having oatmeal for breakfast two of the days and IIRC I am having it the day before the show for breakfast.

I was thinking also maybe bringing two baked sweet potatoes and chowing down on them in between for the carbs.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
[mention]Mike_RN [/mention] any advice here for Greg bro?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
@Mike_RN has one of those annoying things I call a "job," and his may go in 12 hour shifts, but he would be a good one. @Wilson6 another good one ... probably some others here as well. Can't do much better than our resident competitor Bova though.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Bring rice cakes to chew on backstage also. My coach had me do some sweet potatoes and chicken night before (of course my portion was minimal lol...i think like 3 oz). then chicken and white rice morning of show....between prejudging and night show, we did a hamburger and fries.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
This thread would be a lot better if we knew what you and "Hubs" did after the night show, but, Gary's new here, so keep it family-friendly.

GaryG68

GaryG68

Jul 19, 2022
From today’s posing session. Is there a way to post vids?

Attachments

• 7C370DC2-8C51-4AEA-BCC4-F37EBB8CCECA.jpeg
    7C370DC2-8C51-4AEA-BCC4-F37EBB8CCECA.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 83
  • F462645C-A828-47DC-9E10-F58FB62CF0FB.jpeg
    F462645C-A828-47DC-9E10-F58FB62CF0FB.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 88
  • FD884009-5B61-4820-83E3-8C529FC72DDD.jpeg
    FD884009-5B61-4820-83E3-8C529FC72DDD.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 78
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic