F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
Scrambled egg whites and veggies

PROTEIN PANCAKES!

cottage cheese and peanut butter

protein shake with peanut butter

Sugar free jello

Think I'm gonna give that jello a try! I remember I use to do that waaay back in the 90's. Wondering if the aspartame would blow me up though. I'll test it out. Thanks for the many suggestions

F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
Cottage cheese (lactose free, to prevent possible bloat) with a little bit of nut butter. You've got your casein and your fat.

Never tried the lactose free kind, i'll give it a shot. Just need something that will stick. I have been eating 10 almonds the past 3 nights.

F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
Two weeks out. Don't **** it up for a snack. :)

Protein bars should've been tossed 2 weeks ago at least. Shit processed food.

I'm really hardass about competition in terms of you either do it, or don't bother. You're only as good as the protocol you followed when you hit the stage, and you know there's gonna be someone else who did stick to it better than you did, and they're gonna win. I understand it gets tough towards the end. I've done back to back national level BB shows w/ dieting for several months and about ready to gnaw on a leather boot for something different to eat. How do I deal w/ that? Stick to my scheduled meal plan for starters - no negotiation there. None. That's what ****s up everything. Keep my hands busy doing something besides reaching for food. Particularly the last 4 weeks before a show I start to get squirrelly about the food so I start w/ other activities that are show-related like compiling my lists for show day, ensuring any travel plans are locked in, scheduling photoshoots, even making photo shoot outfits, planning my hair or makeup, working on posing, mixing my own music for the free pose routine. Another fun activity is planning what I'm going to do post-show. Usually it is just getting together w/ friends at a decent steak house or something that also removes the focus from all the stuff we all fantasize about gorging on after a show, and then we usually pay for w/ 15-20 lb of water weight gain within 5 days of your show. Again, another point where you're better off removing your focus on food and replacing it w/ something that keeps your hands busy. LOTS of ways to do show-related stuff to keep the enthusiasm going (cuz the whole thing can get old w/ week after week of boring food, training, feeling like the life is sucked out, and all while trying to keep my daily obligations met so that I can afford to devote so much time and money to this fun little hobby). These days, since I don't recover as fast as I used to, also more time on stretching, yoga/pilates, relaxation, get a massage, sit in the tub w/ bath salts, hot shower, lay in bed w/ an ice pack or heating pack and read a book, etc.

Meals should be meals. Competition is about fueling and not your taste for things. This is the only mindset I can follow that keeps me from falling into the random little food-related mind****s that took me so many rounds of competition prep to learn to manage. Remove the associations you normally have w/ food -it is simply fuel. Time to refeed your leptin. Nuttin' else.

Hope that helped... only other note would be to keep your last meal to protein & fats so it digests faster and you're going a shorter time before the next scheduled feeding (breakfast / meal 1).

Great post and I agree. If I was doing a show or something where it's "do or die", I do. I am not doing a show but a fitness video. I don't have to be in show condition- I've never done a show and have never gotten my BF down that low but I need look lean for all the action in motion. ;)
I don't have to show my abs if I'm not comfortable, but my thoughts are I'm just going to go tight on my meals and workouts and see what I can change in the final weeks.
Thanks for the advice and I love that attitude you have!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Can't answer that question without knowing how many calories you have left. Are you tracking? If not, how serious are you?

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Great post and I agree. If I was doing a show or something where it's "do or die", I do. I am not doing a show but a fitness video. I don't have to be in show condition- I've never done a show and have never gotten my BF down that low but I need look lean for all the action in motion. ;)
I don't have to show my abs if I'm not comfortable, but my thoughts are I'm just going to go tight on my meals and workouts and see what I can change in the final weeks.
Thanks for the advice and I love that attitude you have!

Go get 'em! I guess the point is that if you're going for an end goal, go for it. It is always such a mind**** trying to dial into a particular day while going thru your daily life and not getting obsessive about food. But the bottom line is still if you don't like how you look on that target day, you don't always get a do-over or "more time". Either do it or don't bother. And you will ROCK your event and have photographic evidence of your commitment. THAT is cool. There is no snack that tastes better than the satisfaction of a great job well done! Snacks are usually satisfying for about 5 seconds (if you chew slow) and then, particularly if you've been eating ultra clean already, you'll feel shitty from a sugar buzz and probably get indigestion. And spend the next 12-15 hours trying to process the stuff out of your body. Which sounds better now? :)

raysd21

raysd21

Feb 6, 2014
Lentils are a great low calorie food with a good amount of carbs and protein. Hard to beat. Either that or a big salad.:food-snacking:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic