Members
Latest Member
small wee
What's New?

Final Meal of the Night Suggestions

F

FitBean

Mar 31, 2014
I'm working on leaning out for an event and am in my final 2 weeks. I work to get in 6 meals a day, but for the most part get in 5.
I like to wind down on the couch at night and have a final meal or snack. The problem of course is this is where I want crap or wine.

I am just kinda sick of food right now and really don't want to have eggs, fish, chicken, or a shake as the final meal.

So what other clean lean things have you eaten as your final meal when you are in a lean out mode?

What's been horrible is that I've had my favorite protein bar at night just cause it satisfies my cravings for real candy or junk.

I was considering shrimp as it's protein and something i haven't been eating throughout the day already- but is having shrimp daily, especially at night bad?
Looking for some ideas or do I just have to suck it up and eat fish/eggs and greens?

spinyvegeta

spinyvegeta

VIP Member
Dec 15, 2013
Salad with just lettuce and tomato

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Celery with a little something to dip it in

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
maybe some plain fat free Greek yogurt with stevia...I love that! :)

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Fat free greek yogurt, or Fat free cottage cheese.

Or if you can fit it into you macros, the last time I dieted a little, I had some Graham Crackers at night. If I had enough room on my calorie count I added peanut butter.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
Scrambled egg whites and veggies

PROTEIN PANCAKES!

cottage cheese and peanut butter

protein shake with peanut butter

Sugar free jello

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
What about a steak?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Homemade muesli
Oats
Fruit
Chia seeds and/or mixed nuts & seed
Dessicated coconut
Protein powder
Oat milk

BikiniBeast

BikiniBeast

TID Lady Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cottage cheese (lactose free, to prevent possible bloat) with a little bit of nut butter. You've got your casein and your fat.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Two weeks out. Don't **** it up for a snack. :)

Protein bars should've been tossed 2 weeks ago at least. Shit processed food.

I'm really hardass about competition in terms of you either do it, or don't bother. You're only as good as the protocol you followed when you hit the stage, and you know there's gonna be someone else who did stick to it better than you did, and they're gonna win. I understand it gets tough towards the end. I've done back to back national level BB shows w/ dieting for several months and about ready to gnaw on a leather boot for something different to eat. How do I deal w/ that? Stick to my scheduled meal plan for starters - no negotiation there. None. That's what ****s up everything. Keep my hands busy doing something besides reaching for food. Particularly the last 4 weeks before a show I start to get squirrelly about the food so I start w/ other activities that are show-related like compiling my lists for show day, ensuring any travel plans are locked in, scheduling photoshoots, even making photo shoot outfits, planning my hair or makeup, working on posing, mixing my own music for the free pose routine. Another fun activity is planning what I'm going to do post-show. Usually it is just getting together w/ friends at a decent steak house or something that also removes the focus from all the stuff we all fantasize about gorging on after a show, and then we usually pay for w/ 15-20 lb of water weight gain within 5 days of your show. Again, another point where you're better off removing your focus on food and replacing it w/ something that keeps your hands busy. LOTS of ways to do show-related stuff to keep the enthusiasm going (cuz the whole thing can get old w/ week after week of boring food, training, feeling like the life is sucked out, and all while trying to keep my daily obligations met so that I can afford to devote so much time and money to this fun little hobby). These days, since I don't recover as fast as I used to, also more time on stretching, yoga/pilates, relaxation, get a massage, sit in the tub w/ bath salts, hot shower, lay in bed w/ an ice pack or heating pack and read a book, etc.

Meals should be meals. Competition is about fueling and not your taste for things. This is the only mindset I can follow that keeps me from falling into the random little food-related mind****s that took me so many rounds of competition prep to learn to manage. Remove the associations you normally have w/ food -it is simply fuel. Time to refeed your leptin. Nuttin' else.

Hope that helped... only other note would be to keep your last meal to protein & fats so it digests faster and you're going a shorter time before the next scheduled feeding (breakfast / meal 1).

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic