What's New?

Final fat loss push

• Thread starter cockswole_gentleman
  • Start Date
cockswole_gentleman

cockswole_gentleman

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2023
Yea, there's a few ways you can go about this. In addition to what was noted above, this is two ways i'd go about it (below)....

1) Keep protein the same, do not lower it. Then from either fat or carbs, or both, drop calories by 100kcal total. So drop overall calories to around 2200kcal from 2300kcal. Keep gradually dropping until you reach your goal. Do not drop down to 1700 kcal right off the bat. Keep cardio the same until you reach a sticking point.

or

2) What is your estimated bodyfat%??? This is more precise than above, at least for me it is. If you are 230# right now, lets say you are an even 12%. Let's say that is about 25# of bodyfat overall (just guestimating here). This would put you at or around 205#. I'd take that 205# and multiply by 1.3-1.5 as a tyarget goal of protein, so (266g-307g of protein per day). Right now you are just a tad over 1.0g per # of Bodyweight.

This leaves you with about 1200kcal to split up between either fats and carbs (by using your empirical work of 2300kcal as a limit) . As long as I am getting 1.8-3.2g of EPA/DHA for fats, I like going slightly higher on carbs and just going with trace fats from my foods....but I would not get too anal about this, protein and overall kcals are what matters most when cutting, so go with what works best for you and what you will follow more easily long-term.

Follow that for however long that it works, then drop another 100kcal from fats/carbs....and so on.

Adjust cardio for more expenditure, especially if it does not effect strength and leg size. I like simple treadmill walking or stationary bike. If you have a physical job, then yuou may not need much. I usually am a 30-min per day guy starting out (or 4-5x/wk). I gradually increase my cardio from there, except I will skip cardio on leg day. If you have tree trunks for legs, then it may not matter....I lose leg size quickest if I do too much leg cardio.

Clen works well, but I am more sensitive to the sides these days as i';ve gotten older, so i prefer an Ephedrine/Caffeine stack long-term more. I also like YOHIMBINE orally. Start out low and increase gradually. I actually start out with Yohimbine first these days, along with caffeine, before adding in ephedrine at low doses (12.5-50mg/d). I can tolerate Yohimbine much more with E/C than with Clen, so that's another reason why I use these compounds.

T3 can help. I never go above 75mcg/d, and I only use it at the end of a cut if I need it. I start out at 25mcg/d, then increase gradually as needed.

After that, you are basically adjusting calories down from carbs/protein, and adjusting cardio and thermos upward....as needed and tolerated.

The goal is to always make small adjustments so you continue to have tricks leftover in the bag to pull out when things slow down.

Anyway....that's how I roll:cool:
Thank you for the detailed explanation Mr BMJ!

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I'm thinking of using a mini cut approach to get down further. Running about a 3 week deep deficit, about 1700 calories, 211g protein, 65g fat and the rest carbs. Then do a week or 2 maintenance, and repeating.
At 1700 calories a day for 3 weeks you'll be running on fumes. However, it might be what you need to jumpstart your system again to burn any remaining fat. I like the idea and think it would be worth a try. Keep us updated.

cockswole_gentleman

cockswole_gentleman

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2023
At 1700 calories a day for 3 weeks you'll be running on fumes. However, it might be what you need to jumpstart your system again to burn any remaining fat. I like the idea and think it would be worth a try. Keep us updated.
I am running this protocol for now. I would like to have more followed what Mr BMJ detailed, but I didn't see his response until later.

To preface, I work landscape in Wisconsin, so I'm largely off for the winter and very sedentary outside of my workouts. I'll go back to work full time April 10. I'm guessing I will need more calories to function at that point, so I'll run this protocol until then.

I do have some clen, so I added that at 80mcg every day, as I didn't notice much from 40mcg.

My workouts have been pretty good so far, and I don't feel that hungry. My food sources have largely been oatmeal, vegetables, Greek yogurt, blueberries, eggs, egg whites, chicken, pork, and some 93/7 ground beef.

I weighed 237.4 on March 27. This morning, Apr 3 was 232.8. I also took some photos of my handles and back fat areas, so hopefully I can see a difference after a few runs.

I'll return to maintenance for a week or two when I go back to work, then I'll try it again with some more calories, protein, like Mr BMJ laid out.

cockswole_gentleman

cockswole_gentleman

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2023
My little experiment is over. I'm going to enjoy some Easter cheer today, so a 13 day cut.

I averaged 1666 calories per day over those 13 days. I didn't average out the macros, but I was pretty close to 215g protein per day, and the other calories spread out between fats and carbs.

I weighed 237.8 on March 27. This morning, April 9, I weighed 229.8. I put in 9 lifting sessions...push, pull, legs, and 6 cardio sessions. The cardio sessions were no longer than 25 minutes, followed by 30 minutes in the hot tub. I was also running 400mg test per week, and 80mcg clen for most of the days.

I did start to lose steam the final 3 days. Seemed like the lack of calories caught up to me. But, I'm happy with the results. Seeing the 220's on the scale this morning was a psychological boost that I needed.

I was going to reverse out of the diet by bumping up my calories to 2000, but I start work for the season tomorrow and will be quite active, so I will shoot for 2300 and see where that puts me by the end of the week.

cockswole_gentleman

cockswole_gentleman

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2023
Just a follow up on this. I'm back at work, so I've bumped my calories up to 2100 per day. I seem to be losing on that. My weight is currently 222.8. Thinking 211 is the goal, that will be 150 lbs lost since my high, then I will find maintenance calories that work for me while I'm in the work season.

The clen seems to be helping. Not sure of the dose I'm using. Ran out of tabs so I'm using a liquid and just have the dropper. I know I got too much of it early on and shook like a leaf so I backed off from there. Just dosing test at 200mg/wk during the work season. Not getting as many workouts in, but still at least push, pull, leg sessions every week. Any little nagging shoulder and tendonitis tweaks have gone away too on 3 workouts a week.

I'm contemplating doing my first lean bulk this winter. It's kind of an exciting prospect after focusing on fat loss for so many years. Life is good!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
If it is Amino Asylum's liquid clen then make sure you look at their lab test they provide on their website. They market it as 100 mcg/ml, but it tested at 134 mcg/ml and 136 mcg/ml. That can be a miserable experience for someone not in the know.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic