Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fiber: Is it really necessary?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Yet another highly contested realm of diet programming / religion.
Let’s dabble into this with just one of countless MD’s (pro and con alike) who’ve addressed the topic.
This one, Dr Ken Berry is a 20+ year family practitioner and author of a book titled: Lies My Doctor Told Me.

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Thanks for the video brother. I noticed another interesting one on Youtube after yours ending.
She's very knowledgeable if anyone can devote 30 minutes of they're time, can deal with a whiny Welsh accent and not fall asleep.:D

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Watched the first video and I can tell you I feel better with some extra fiber in my diet.
My stomach seems to work better. Dont give a shit what this one doctor is saying.
Why should this one doctor be the voice when you have millions of doctors disagreeing.

My gastro doc told me to make sure I get fiber and so did the surgeon that removed part of my colon.
I have been in iron tablets of a few weeks now and if I dont take fiber i get constipated.
I rather listen to those doc then some GP that wrote a book and are promoting it.

Last edited:
testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Watched the first video and I can tell you I feel better with some extra fiber in my diet.
My stomach seems to work better. Dont give a shit what this one doctor is saying.
Why should this one doctor be the voice when you have millions of doctors disagreeing.

My gastro doc told me to make sure I get fiber and so did the surgeon that removed part of my colon.
I have been in iron tablets of a few weeks now and if I dont take fiber i get constipated.
I rather listen to those doc then some GP that wrote a book and are promoting it.

There aren’t “millions of doctors” disagreeing. But like all things institutionally controlled, is agreement on dogma, and very often (as is the case with fiber), the controlled institutional narrative is based upon one, maybe two, earlier researchers hypothesis that got adopted for the sake of some profit motive. Corp investments, big ag etc profiting from pitching a particular dietary standard, blah blah blah it goes…..

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

When you had “part of your colon removed” (btw, was it your cecum?), post op you were instructed to AVOID FIBER until you’re healed. That is the norm for the high 90% of all digestive related surgeries.
And why do you suppose that post op instructions for digestive system healing is to AVOID FIBER? It’s because fiber is a digestive system stressor.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
A couple good additional informative articles (I posted elsewhere previously). There is by no means any lack of abundance about info dispelling the supposed necessity for fiber.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Why is it so important to you to prove that you are right here?
The examples the doctor in the video mentioned was somewhat stupid.
if you take too much then you have an issue is somewhat of a duh!!

I had an abscess on my colon from diverticulitis.
It was the sigmoid section.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
There aren’t “millions of doctors” disagreeing. But like all things institutionally controlled, is agreement on dogma, and very often (as is the case with fiber), the controlled institutional narrative is based upon one, maybe two, earlier researchers hypothesis that got adopted for the sake of some profit motive. Corp investments, big ag etc profiting from pitching a particular dietary standard, blah blah blah it goes…..
Exactly. Its a lot like the whole covid BS. If some Drs disagree with the narrative their career can be over real quick.

As for fiber it always bothered my stomach. Hell I thought it was normal to take 2-3 dumps a day and have cramps all the time. I haven't had maybe 30 grams total of fiber in like 6-7 months and feel great. Zero stomach issues, no gas at all. I'm not constipated like most Drs would have you believe either. That's bullshit. They have people convinced its "normal" to feel like shit all the time and be on a dozen different meds. All the while packing the standard american diet with thousands of grams of sugar and processed garbage.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Why is it so important to you to prove that you are right here?
The examples the doctor in the video mentioned was somewhat stupid.
if you take too much then you have an issue is somewhat of a duh!!

I had an abscess on my colon from diverticulitis.
It was the sigmoid section.

It’s not important that “I’M” right…. it’s important to me though that truth is what’s right. And tragically, very little anymore that’s “right” is considered truth.
It’s near entirely accurate to say that most all things are now one big shell game I blame centralized institutional control for this malady. And sadly, public conformity to such perceived self appointed “authorities.”
Those such as Ken Berry, and fortunately at least to “some” degree, a slowly developing number of others, are essentially the whistleblower insiders. We’re seeing this very same dynamic with the clownvid plandemic — many of the actual / truly most qualified experts, are shamed, censored, smeared and banned from educating the public.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I take my fiber supps every morning. When I skip a couple days I’ll can tell.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Didn't realize there was a Fiber Monger/conglomerate pushing a fiber point of view. I have read studies that the more fiber you have the lower chance of colon cancer and GI issues.
#fiber4life!

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I take my fiber supps every morning. When I skip a couple days I’ll can tell.

No doubt. The larger overall context of the question: Do we need fiber, is whether or not it’s actually necessary as a routine substance as part of our dietary requirements — essential.
That’s easy to answer; No, we don’t.

That’s much different than the question posed as; Can fiber help with stomach related function?
That answer is, Yes.
BUT…. it’s not “essential” to the human diet, and has no purpose when our diet consists of proper ingredients (a proper human diet). When the correct foods are consumed consistently, our gut biome and subsequent digestive processes are smooth and efficient…. no need for excess bulk ingredient to “evacuate” / poop. Fiber really only serves a function in fucked up diet — and can and will in and of itself fuck up an otherwise correct diet.

This is the point MASSIVE amounts of controversy and contention takes off in such a convo.

It’s profound, quite remarkable in fact that the general belief and promulgated institutional mindset is that fiber helps digestion. The reality is that the overall majority of digestive related ailments are the result of the effects from fiber.

Summarized: Proper diet = no fiber “needed.” Improper diet = fiber required to help push shit out of the body. And along with the actions of it (fiber) that cause that, come a plethora of difficulties and distresses that become interpreted as normal digestive function. Some (just some) examples being; burps, hiccups, bloat, farts, stomach aches.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic