NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
16, the boy got started on this addictive road it looks like, when he was 13. Even worse. Sad that the parents seem to be fully aware yet did not intervene more forcefully.

Makes u wonder if we should even have a "holywood"?...And yeah on the parents...Doesn't make sense to me...I wonder if the parents were more layed back due to his fame and fortune?...

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Dealers mix fentanyl in bootleg pain pills and heroin because it's cheap, so he might not have known what he was taking. It blows my mind that a 16yr old could be battling a 3 yr old addiction! I understand kids experimenting with weed at 13, but developing an opioid addiction ???

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
This is life guys, 13 really isn't anything these days. Besides, if they knew he had a problem, they more than likely could have kept it away from him. They were "managing his addiction". I'm guessing that means keep him happy, similar to what backatit said.

Any 13 year old who isn't an actor can just get an internet connection and buy off the dark net. All you have to do is google "how do I get on the dark net?"

Sad but the truth.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
my mom has fentanyl patches. she puts it on her arm. it lasts about three days

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
How the fuck does a 14 yr kid develop and opioid addition?Parent's failed.Big time.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
How did his parents fail him? Perhaps he is worth more dead than alive (insurance policy). Maybe they need the attention, after all he was stealing theirs. Could be they just wanted him to outgrow his little growing pain. How does a 13 year old with pleanty of money find/buy smack in Hollywood. You guys are a riot!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
According to the junkies I treat every day, there ain’t nothing BUT fentanyl and/or carfentanil out on the streets. They wax poetic about the good old days when you could get actual heroin still.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
According to the junkies I treat every day, there ain’t nothing BUT fentanyl and/or carfentanil out on the streets.
Fentanyl is crazy strong, but isn't carfentanil even more dangerous?

My wife used to get fentanyl patches for pain and had to spray the area with an asthma spray as the patches were giving her rashes! She was all over the place while on those and they were in micro gram patches.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Fentanyl is crazy strong, but isn't carfentanil even more dangerous?

My wife used to get fentanyl patches for pain and had to spray the area with an asthma spray as the patches were giving her rashes! She was all over the place while on those and they were in micro gram patches.

"For pain relief, a unit of carfentanil is 100 times as potent as the same amount of fentanyl, 5,000 times as potent as a unit of heroin and 10,000 times as potent as a unit of morphine." That is from Wikipedia. But, I have tragic experience with this in a group of 18-20 yer old boys a few years back that THOUGHT they were buying xanax. Turns out it was fake xanax bars laced with carfentanil making there way onto the market. Killed one of the kids in matter of minutes.

Another kid in the group died weeks later from a combination of heroin and cocaine....smoking both with marijuana......then took some hydrocodone to sleep. The hydrocodone depressed his breathing and he aspirated during the night....literally drowned as his lungs filled with fluid. Official cause of death was "heroin toxicity" due to the way these drugs burn off in the system.

Now, as to parents being to blame or who failed who? Untreated mental health issues is the problem 9 out of 10 times in my humble opinion. This, combined with immaturity, is a fatal combination. There is a gap in our system for kids 15-18...especially for kids that do not have awesome insurance or are able to manipulate their way in and out of treatment. Sometimes you are dealing with kids that have a 150 IQ and are bored. Other times, you are dealing with a dumbass that will do a drug just to see what happens. Both ends of the spectrum have to do with the brain and how that particular kid deals with whatever they perceive as trauma in their lives.

I have seen kids with parents that didn't care make it just fine. I have seen kids with parents that spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on therapy lose a child. I have seen parents quit their job and literally live years of their lives working within the legal system to save their child - only to "fail" and have their child die. Each case is unique but one pattern is super common: Alcohol to marijuana to cocaine to xanax to heroin to death. Some kids/people can stop - some can not.

It's as simple as this:
Some kids are born with an "off switch" and they just instinctively know when to stop.
Some kids develop an "off switch" by watching a close friend die or through maturity.
Some kids are not born with an "off switch" and they die after going further and further across the line. A few of these kids may be lucky enough to have a near death experience that helps them develop the "off switch."

Thanks.
-CC-

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic