Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Female private blood tests

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
So my GF keeps trying to lose weight, she has tried a myriad of things. She quit smoking last year, is currently a non drinker and she more than me eats healthier. She is currently having eggs/bacon for breakfast with me, at work she is eating salads and wraps, for dinner we eat a pretty decent meal, on pasta night or carb heavy meals she will do a salad with whatever the meat is for dinner. We recently tried T3 but she got sick as hell after the first week. She has no health insurance so having her MD run labs is out of the question and I am leaning towards hormanal imbalance. What private lab companies are out there and what kind of panel should we look at? I am thinking T3/T4 and female hormone panels.

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Hey what's her weight, height, age...metabolism like, how much t3 was she on?

My wife is currently in weightless mode and i just started her on clen and a low dose of var

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
She is about 5' 5" she won't tell me her wt, but if I had to guess 150 and she is 36, 37 in Decemter. She has had 3 kids and I would guess a slow metabolism. I had her at 25mcg's of T3 and she was absolutely and completely sick out of her mind a week into T3, it took two days to get her feeling better after stopping T3. We tried clen/T3 in the past but she failed to pay attention when we were discussing clen and took 200mcg of clen instead of 20mcg, needless to say she ended up in the ER! If i could get her in the gym and on a good workout plan I might put her on var after she got into the routine but when I had a membership for her it was 35 minutes on the machines and she was done. Then she complained after a week of not seeing a change. I might take her back and kick her ass so she is sore, maybe then she will commit more. Her sex drive is insatiable so adding var may put me in the hospital.

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
He needs to stick with a good routine. I take my wife to the gym 3 times a week out if my 7 and I go through a workout w her. Try and make it fun and don't critisize her. I get in trouble for that all the time. It's going to take a few weeks. My wife is 38 and their metabolism is def starting to slow down.

My wife is doing well on a clen pill a day and she's a wench on the var lol

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I tried to give her a routine to work out with, she was going with her son when I went. She won't do free weights because of the typical women line of thought that everyone will look at her and such. I am going to try it again though, we will see.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
sounds like she's not really into it!!!

she might be one of the ones that has to cut carbs down real low ---as for metabo --kids can wreak havco on their output --just read yesterday that 20% of women over the age of 35 have a low out put and that doubles to 40% if they have had kids in their 30's

up her water like crazy----at least a glass b4 every meal ----you would be very surprized to see that she will start to lose

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Shit people... anavar? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Do NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT put this person steroids. If her diet & training are not producing results, then steroids will just fuck up everything beyond belief. If this person doesn't understand the basics of nutrition & energy expenditure, fucking up her hormone levels will produce results NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING like she had in mind. DO NOT DO THAT. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. And while you're at it, stay away from self-medication. Not understanding ANYTHING about what she is putting in her body (mind you SHE is putting it into HER body - not YOU putting HER on it and YOU not having to deal w/ the results), and willing to do it, and after the fact raising the issue that she has no health insurance is just fucking stupid.

OK back to basics. THIS is the stuff that works & doesn't require health insurance. It requires 10 minutes to understand and 10 seconds/ day to apply consistently. If you can't do that but you're still willing to self-medicate w/ drugs from who the fuck knows where, w/ no health insurance, then maybe you just deserve to be fat.

Sorry - tough talk on very common sense things and trying very hard to put this back into perspective. Guys on steroid boards are very willing to experiment w/ stuff from some UGL in Thailand, but a woman who doesn't understand the basics of consistent dieting and that women can't "get big" from weight training is NOT a person who should even be aware of the stuff you guys are suggesting and completely sidestepping on the fundamentals.

Basics:

1) What is her current diet like? IN DETAIL PLEASE. Spend the time to put it into a food counts program to get a baseline quantitative understanding of what she is eating. Please post as:

Meal 1: 8 am
1/2 c oats
1 whole egg
etc

Meal 2: 11 am
4 oz chicken
2 c spinach
etc

Whatever she is eating. Then put it into a food counts program like www.fitday.com and post up the total calories & macros; % & grams protein, fat & carbs. It is rarely good enough to sit there and say "I eat clean" and then wonder why you're not happy w/ your results. NEED DETAILS. Also CONSISTENCY in eating is what produces results. Eating clean w/ random cheats all over the place is an effort in futility.

2) What is her current training? And for GOD'S SAKE, tell her women CANNOT GET BIG FROM RESISTANCE TRAINING. They do not have enough natural testosterone production to do that. It requires YEARS of targeted diet & training to develop at least a big base of muscle mass and steroids to push it beyond that. 3x/ week in the gym isn't going to get her big. The reality is "body composition" is made up of your bodyfat, your lean muscle mass - BOTH, not just fat. More muscle always makes any amount of fat look better. More muscle is how you get "muscle tone". BTW "tone" is still the end result of BOTH muscle & fat. Skinnyfat, i.e. lean w/ no muscle still looks shitty and is a great way to still end up w/ "mom arms" and a saggy ass. More muscle makes the whole frame that supports your body as you get older, even better. BTW, you've seen my photos - I'm 10 yrs older than this person and I look fucking great. I've NEVER been accused of looking my age and guesses are typically 15 - 20 yrs off.

A great reference for this person to start getting the basics of nutrition & training understood and applied is Bill Philips' BODY FOR LIFE book. Its probably at any library or you can buy it for about $15. It's a short read and gives not just the program but also guidelines instead of a strict diet and also explains how & why it all works. This is a great representation of the basics of most of the bodybuilding community's approach to getting results and the shit is simple and it works. The whole point of a successful program is one that is easy to integrate into your lifestyle and not crazy, extreme, self-medication-based desperation pursuits.

RE: labwork - you can get that for about $100 or less (look online for related coupons / discounts) thru any of the online testing programs w/o medical ins. Just to get that whole question out of the way, it is very easy to order a basic female panel from any lab place - you order online & do the blood drawing at the associated local lab site (e.g. Labcorp, Quest).

But also once you get results, keep it all in perspective - don't go looking all over Google to self-diagnose and all that. Start by getting the basic diet & training in order and consistent. Even a bum thyroid won't keep you from getting some sort of result, but its ultra weak to go blaming everything on a "bum thyroid" or "slow metabolism" if you don't already have the basic diet & training in order. Looking around for quicky drug help is just going to delay how long it takes to realize that you still need the basic diet & training in order. You can't force it. Its simply how the body was designed to work. When you work with it, its fucking amazing what it will do. When you try to force it because you won't take the short amount of time to get the basics in order, then you are just setting yourself up for failure, who knows what sort of unexpected reactions (ref: your t3 experience) and most likely a bigger rebound.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Correction, BFL is $20 on Amazon. Still best read / most concise book I've come across for this.

Last edited:
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Sassy what's your opinion on injectable l-carntine for wieght lose.my wife has come across it but I know little about it.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I would find out the root cause before messing with any supplements of any type.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Sassy what's your opinion on injectable l-carntine for wieght lose.my wife has come across it but I know little about it.

AL-CAR, and other forms of L-carnitine are supposed to support increased metabolism, maybe as an energy boost. Any of those supplements may support a tight diet & training program, but none of them are going to make the difference or do the heavy lifting. Again , back to basics.

Last edited:
parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Well, I convinced her to go back to the gym, this time I told her I was going to kick her ass instead of babying her. I have until Turkey day to drop 12 pounds off her. I got her there Monday and Tuesday and made her lift and push herself instead of taking it easy to get past the DOMS. Yesterday she started to feel sore, today she feels sore for sure. I'm making her get 10 reps out of each set and 4 sets per excercise. I'll let you guys know how it works out.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic