Female Competition Categories Defined

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure Competition' started by admin, Feb 26, 2013.

1. silntrunin

silntrunin MuscleHead

Aug 30, 2011
    So true. My wife competed last year in the physique class and took second place to a girl who crossed over from Figure and won both classes. How do you win both Figure and Physique in the same show???? When we asked the judges how can you win both classes when they have different criteria for what they should look like and they said they still haven't figured out what they were looking for in Physique and that my wife was to ripped, but she brought the look that was winning at the National level. Either way, a Physique competitor should not win a Figure class or vice versa.

My wife had been looking at National level shows on video to get an idea what the judges were looking for and what they want at the local level is no where near what they want at the National level. The NPC really needs to come together and be consistent on what they are looking for regardless of the level.

2. FBBFan

FBBFan Member

Apr 17, 2013
    ... and FBB should stay alive !!

3. sassy69

sassy69 TID Lady Member

Aug 16, 2011
    At regional shows, they have to judge what they have to work with. If everyone else in the Figure category is soft or short on muscle, it may be that she was the best that showed up, despite also being the best that showed up in the Physique category.

I could counter your complaint and say they shouldn't allow cross-overs in the same show to force the competitors to pick a category they envision themselves in. But that would go contrary to both keeping it open for the competitors to "try" and see where they fit, "try" to get more trophies from the same show, "try" more opportunities to get qualified for the next level from the same show, as well as the federation to get more entry fees. The last is the reality. The formers are just nice ways to think about it.

4. mrshaymaker

mrshaymaker Member

Oct 24, 2015
    These are so helpful! I've been thinking about competing for quite time and this definitely gives me a good understanding to think about where I want to take it. Is there any time difference in prepping for a show in the different categories?

5. mrshaymaker

mrshaymaker Member

Oct 24, 2015
    I LOVE DLB too!

6. FBBFan

FBBFan Member

Apr 17, 2013