Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Female Bodybuilding out. Pole dancing in. For Arnold 2014

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
I don't discount what female body builders do. They are achieving their idea physique, as all competitors are. I also understand that bodybuilding (the huge freaks like I aspire to be) are loosing popularity among the general public. The "beach" look or the "fit" physique seems to be the dominate driving look. It's is also more achievable for some (read: they just don't wanna put in the work to be a bb'er :) ) (aka, they never do legs) It is a marketability issue, but pole dancing is marketable? That I don't understand.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Things just ain't the way they used to be.

The Arnold Sports Festival definitely covers a huge variety of sports - from youth cheerleading & fencing to MMA & BB, so from that standpoint its not a big leap to go to pole dancing. The last time I saw pole dancing in a BB venue I think was at the Olympia a few years ago and it was very much geared towards a T&A show, and I remember commenting that the O was the only show where something like that would fly. But times a-changin'. It could be the new Fitness category. I've seen some pole work in non-NPC shows (where they can use props) and that take on it is obviously legitimizing it. I think its sad that it happens to be directly at the show that dumps FBB. Another slap in the face of the origin of women's physique competition. But hey, times a-changin'.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Not only do I have to sit thru 300 men's bikini douches, now I gotta wait thru 3hrs of Strippers to see Women's Physique & Men's' BB. I hope the NPC goes to a 2-day show with the T&A Ken and Barbie show separate from the "real" comp.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I'd rather watch pole dancing, then some huge juiced up women. I'd just have trouble not throwing dollar bills on stage.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
that's really disappointing to hear that they're getting rid of female bodybuilding at the Arnold

But if any of you have tried pole dancing...it actually is really hard and takes a lot of physical strength and technique. Not to mention, really fun lol I'd actually love to take classes again. But there are some AMAZING pole dancers out there and their core strength and ability is extremely admirable.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I do agree it takes a high degree of athleticism and technique. Shit its more dignified than Women's (or Men's) Bikini if you think about it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This shouldn't come as a surprise. They are phasing out women's bbing.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
That's kind of a big slap in the face to all the female competitors who put in work day in, day out all year round for years on end.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic