Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Female bodybuilding for Beginners

Missmaxx1313

Missmaxx1313

TID Lady Member
Oct 17, 2015
Does anyone have any advice on just starting out in bodybuilding as far as training to loose weight quickly and steadily? Also what are your oppinions on different types of supplements for strength and weight loss

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Typically losing weight quickly means you aren't doing so in a sustainable manner. That leads to the yo yo thing. Lose it. Gain it back. Lose it. Gain it back.

Get your macros dialed in. Only when you see the weight start to come off should you add in anything to assist like ephedrine and caffeine.

As for strength there really isn't a dietary supplement for that. Creatine would be as close as it gets.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
I must admit I am confused.
I assume you mean lost fat, not weight; if one is starting BB often the scale creeps up due to added mass but fat stays static or may decrease IF macros are dialed in like PillarofBalance stated.

Save the supplements (save creatine) for true cutting time, and even then IMHO didn't do so much but jack up HR and make me shake like a crack whore on the rebound.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Definitely focus on bodyfat loss & not weight loss. The scale is not the valuable way to judge progress - better to pay attention to how your clothes fit - if your training/cardio, diet & rest/recovery are in line, you should see waist getting looser, quad & back getting tighter.

It isn't easy to give a thorough response in 1 post on a muscle forum - for total beginners, I recommend getting a copy of Bill Phillips' Body For Life book - you can usually get it at the library or reasonably cheap on Amazon. I like it because it is an easy read & gives a solid foundation program of diet & training that is totally doable and not extreme. Just requires commitment & consistency to produce results.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic