What's New?

Fedor vs Bader 2: 2/4/2023 on ABC.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Thoughts?

It's finally going to be Fedor's last fight....hopefully. I am not sure at this point in his career though if he can even pull this off. Ryan Bader is no joke, he's young and strong, and is a good fighter himself. Fedor just keeps getting fatter too, lol.

I'm not sure I want to see Fedor get smashed, IF it goes that direction. Guy is a true legend for sure. 2023 seems to be the changing and retirements of the very old-guards.

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017
Fedor is the Tom Brady equivalent to MMA retirees lol.

This should be a good fight but I think that his age is going to play a factor.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The event is on right now....in case anybody wants to catch this. Maybe a fight or so away right now.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
First fight was good.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
He was one of my favs. PRIDE was the best. Fedor was a great champ. I miss the old days of MMA. He had a great career, I hope he can enjoy his retirement.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I didn't see it but looks like a 1st round stoppage.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Saw the middleweight fight before Fedor, which was a great fight.

As for Fedor....you could tell he didn't have any fire in him when he walked into the cage, out of shape, immediately looking for a miracle punch to take out Bader, who was in good shape. After a few seconds, Bader was all over him. I think Fedor was just there to cash a paycheck, be honored, and hang it up. There's a big difference between 46 (Fedor) and 39 (Bader).

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
As a former fighter it's always tough to watch one of the greats so diminished and then ultimately dominated into humiliation.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
Never did care for Fedor all that much.

Didn’t see this fight though. Don’t even know who won. I think Fedor ducked the UFC because he knew he’d get his ass beat. Then told the press he didn’t like why heard as an excuse. He did well in pride but I did hear a lot of those fights were fixed.

He should’ve hung it up a few years ago from what I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Man, it was a complete blowout. I was waiting for his signature armbar move, but nothing:(

He looked bad. Ryan Bader is no joke, but this was an easy fight for him. All the old school legends are going out with L's.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Saw the middleweight fight before Fedor, which was a great fight.

As for Fedor....you could tell he didn't have any fire in him when he walked into the cage, out of shape, immediately looking for a miracle punch to take out Bader, who was in good shape. After a few seconds, Bader was all over him. I think Fedor was just there to cash a paycheck, be honored, and hang it up. There's a big difference between 46 (Fedor) and 39 (Bader).

Fedor has never had any "fire" in him. He looks like he is going to the Library to study biology for a test before, during and after. He also has always been kinda tubby. He had a name and got paid. Still an absolute legend.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic