Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

federation questions

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
OK men and women in the know. Any federations have a girls high school type division. Primarily push pull. My daughter did deads and bench for the first time this week, she asked a lot of questions and I mentioned meets in general conversation. She hasn't left me a line about it since. Any help is appreciated. She is tiny so the lighter the division the better.

S1

Last edited:
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Just about every federation offers an Ironman division ( push-pull ) .... just about all have age and weight classes down to 97lbs.... some maybe lighter....

You'd be surprised how many middle school and high school kids ( especially girls) are at some of the meets.

Today, powerlifting is more about the meet director than the federation. Find a few good local meets for her to see what it's like. If you're in the right area there are a few teams with small groups of high school girls who put up great numbers and seem to have a lot of fun.

What part of the country are you in?
PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting that publicly - I might be able to help point you in the right direction.
In general - UPA, APF, USPA, and XPC are my favorite feds to lift in, but I've heard good things about RPS and IPA meets from a few meet directors.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I thought she was doing OLy? WTF?

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I thought she was doing OLy? WTF?

She is. But us. Lifting is bench clean and jerk. This sparked a whole other fire. Thanks plk, I'm in fla. By the way.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Not much to add here. Other than I think it's friggin awesome she is wanting to lift !

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Not much to add here. Other than I think it's friggin awesome she is wanting to lift !

Me too. She did some benches and some deads. Last week with me and actually asked to go back. She has been non stop about it all since. Now if only my son were so enthusiastic.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
She is. But us. Lifting is bench clean and jerk. This sparked a whole other fire. Thanks plk, I'm in fla. By the way.

I'd suggest USPA. The meet director down here is Steve Goggins and he runs a GREAT meet.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I'd second looking in to one of Steve's meets..... He's a great guy and has a wealth of knowledge to share. He was the first, or one of the first guys to ever squat 1100.

Depending on where if Florida you are, you could always look up Brian Carrol, Chad Walker, or Jo Jordan.... all 3 are great guys and have been around a while. All 3 are on facebook too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic