Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

FDA OK's First-in-Class Androgen Inhibitor Acne Cream

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
This looks interesting, esp for hair loss, the higher dose cream is still being studied for that purpose, although the 5% could be used off label. If it blocks all androgens in theory it should help with anything that causes acne/hair loss, not just DHT. There does appear to be some systemic sides so while certainly less problematic than an oral anti-androgen or spironolactone, some still gets in the skin and make block the effects of androgens at the skeletal muscle level. https://www.medpagetoday.com/dermatology/generaldermatology/88295?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
"The drug's label will include no contraindications" ?

I'm no expert on how Big Pharma and government watchdogs do things, but this seems odd to me. Any Rx I've ever had came with warnings, either on the tube or bottle, or on a paper insert included. Might have been carefully worded or in tiny print, but it was there to protect the consumer(?) or to protect the pharmaceutical company from litigation.

I doubt this will present the worst sides ever, but an acne-ridden teenager might be tempted to over dose the hell outa this baby right when his body is wreaking havoc anyway, drug-free.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic