Members
Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

Favorite Exercise?

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I like overhand and underhand cable shoulders. I feel pretty fucking pumped after just a few sets.
Second fav is plain old free weight flat bench.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Squats. Always has been and always will be.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll ever be able to squat again, and I feel like something is missing in my life...
Same here. Both hips replaced and lower back surgery has ended my squat career. Sucks because those 3 surgeries damaged the nerves to my glutes so they do not respond to anything and I have an old mans ass now. Gonna get plastic surgery to fix it as it was my best 'asset' prior to these surgeries.

UncleAl

UncleAl

MuscleHead
Jun 20, 2012
I like pullups, it's because I can do a bunch and they young guys around all get jealous.
My sentiments exactly! After my degenerated lumbars made me give up heavy powerlifting, the only thing this geezer has been able to do to make the pups cry is strap on a heavy DB and yank my chin over the bar a few times.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Same here. Both hips replaced and lower back surgery has ended my squat career. Sucks because those 3 surgeries damaged the nerves to my glutes so they do not respond to anything and I have an old mans ass now. Gonna get plastic surgery to fix it as it was my best 'asset' prior to these surgeries.

Yep. I started squatting for football as a freshman in High School. Was a competitive powerlifter for 10 years. Completely ruptured my left adductor about 6 years ago doing speed squats. That ended effectively ended my powerlifting "career". I worked back from that and could at least start squatting in the gym again. I could at least box squat and then worked back to comp squatting 405 (squatted 650 as PLer). I knew I wasn't competing anymore, but at least I could still squat. The adductor would bark at me, but it was manageable.

Then I tore my right quad off the knee last summer in a non lifting related accident. And I'm done. I'm mid 40s and my lower body is destoryed lol.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
My sentiments exactly! After my degenerated lumbars made me give up heavy powerlifting, the only thing this geezer has been able to do to make the pups cry is strap on a heavy DB and yank my chin over the bar a few times.
I used to be able to chain a 45 lbs plate to my weight belt and do 15 pullups. But that was in my late 20s. Now I am closing in to double that age and can still do more pullups than 95% of 20 year olds nowadays.

It is a great thing to watch those youngsters have to go to the assisted pullup machine to get reps.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Was deadlifts. Really worked hard on them. Best floor was 585 rack was 900. After my first heart attack I added a competition to my bucket list and about a year to the day I took first in my class with 540 I believe. I have the video. Now my favorite is getting to the gym.

Side note I spent a year completely concentrating on my incline. Got so tired of the flat bench ego in the gym. (Not me) I swore off any heavy flat. It was literally a last thought on chest days. Was repping 315 for 10 and maxed at 355/365. I forget.

But that paid off immensely with my upper chest development.

~R~F~G~

~R~F~G~

VIP Member
Dec 13, 2022
Weighted Dips. I've always loved the looks I get dipping with several plates hanging from a belt. Always wished I could do pullups like that but I just suck at pull ups
Damn, just brought back a newbie memory.

I had just lost 105 pounds and was now deemed a cancer patient lol. One minute I'm too fat and the next I'm too skinny. Can't please everyone. So, I joined the gym my son went to. When I tried to do a pull up I couldn't. How embarrassing. Friend of my son says "Hey, what if you're hanging off a bridge? You need to be able to do 1 pull up to save yourself." Now it's a mission. lol. Best was 8 clean wide grip with 90# hanging off my waist. I was probably 195/200 pounds at that point. I can still rip off a quick half dozen perfect. That was 20 years ago.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
Yep. I started squatting for football as a freshman in High School. Was a competitive powerlifter for 10 years. Completely ruptured my left adductor about 6 years ago doing speed squats. That ended effectively ended my powerlifting "career". I worked back from that and could at least start squatting in the gym again. I could at least box squat and then worked back to comp squatting 405 (squatted 650 as PLer). I knew I wasn't competing anymore, but at least I could still squat. The adductor would bark at me, but it was manageable.

Then I tore my right quad off the knee last summer in a non lifting related accident. And I'm done. I'm mid 40s and my lower body is destoryed lol.
brutal bro

S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
Wide grip pullups and weighted dips for me. Love 'em!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Was deadlifts. Really worked hard on them. Best floor was 585 rack was 900. After my first heart attack I added a competition to my bucket list and about a year to the day I took first in my class with 540 I believe. I have the video. Now my favorite is getting to the gym.

Side note I spent a year completely concentrating on my incline. Got so tired of the flat bench ego in the gym. (Not me) I swore off any heavy flat. It was literally a last thought on chest days. Was repping 315 for 10 and maxed at 355/365. I forget.

But that paid off immensely with my upper chest development.
I love deadlifts, but the juice is not worth the squeeze anymore. They take too much out of me. April 9th last year I pulled 535 lbs x 13/5/3 with a 20 breath rest pause between each round at 205 lbs. I felt off for 2-3 days after that. Almost went to the hospital.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
How about least favorite ? BB Flat Press and Front BB Squats.
I can't do too many of my favorites anymore if at all. BB SQUATS BB ROWS BB PRESSES DEADLIFTS CHINS OR DIPS.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic