lk has no balls
What's New?

Favorite Bodybuilder "Personality"

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
A-R-N-O-L-D
The Pumping Iron Arnold, not the cratchety old man we have now.

Rich Piana was/is entertaining, but kind of a nut.
Lee Priest for speaking his mind, as well as being entertaining in his own right.
John Meadows for his impact on the sport as well as being a great guy in general.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Once upon a time I’d say hands down Arnold. However, his Covid rants were asinine so he’s off the list and now is a complete tool.
I’ll go with Rodnnie Coleman

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Between Dorian Yates or Dennis James. Dorian I've learned alot from, very smart man and he continues to train young bodybuilders and provide sensible instruction. Dennis James does the exact same as far as coaching up and coming bodybuilders...but I've met Dennis James. He guest posed at the first show I competed in, in Arizona. I was extremely timid since it was all completely new to me, he might have seen that and he actually came up to me to make casual conversation. Something I very much appreciated at that time and have remembered ever since.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Can't say anyone now, they lack personality, but growing up as a kid, Dan Marino and Mark Macguire (not BB), but Arnie as Conan and early cheesy movies, Gary Strydom & Lee Haney, Dorian & Evan the Ox (most recent 2008-2009).

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I really started following bodybuilding in the 90s, so I'm partial to a lot of the 90s guys. Huge Lee Haney fan. Loved Dorian and his blood and guts style when I was younger. I always liked Ronnie's personality. He just has a funny demeanor to me. I'd say the most genuine and nicest bodybuilder would be Meadows and of course Arnold was the very beginning of the journey.

I miss the overall personality of bodybuilding culture from the 80s and 90s. Of course there were rivalry and attitudes, but it was different. I remember when I noticed bodybuilding enter the "hoodie always up while mean mugging everyone in front of you like you are the baddest mutha to ever walk the planet" era. I feel like we may be moving away from that more recently with some of today's personalities, but it got so ridiculous for a while.

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
I’d say Lee Haney. Seems genuine, well spoken & just an overall good person. No drama, no trash talking none of that action. Never seemed to raise his voice or get upset.
Agreed. I would watch his training shows religiously on regular television back in the day. Excellent ambassador for the sport.

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
Who is your favorite bodybuilder, either past or present, in terms of the following:

- their overall contribution to the scene outside of just their competition/professional history
- the "culture" that person represents to you
- their general personality in the BB scene - what you feel they contribute to the sport as a "lifestyle" either during their peak career or today during retirement.

I think back to some of the hardcore gyms i started my training at, and that "feel" of the scene back then and Lee Priest is one of my favorites. I see old pictures of him today and it just takes me back to the underground culture that i felt BB was back when i first got into training.

I am also a big fan of Fouad Abiad and what he does for the culture of the sport today through his personality. He really tries to bring BB back to popularity and positions himself and his media to cater toward everyone, not just professional Open competitors.

Pure physique wise? Ive always been a combination of the Mike Mentzer and Frank Zane bodies. Entirely different, but both really fascinate me. Not much of a fan of any of todays open physiques, its gone way too heavy on the mass at all costs. Although i will say, i am happy that Hadi won this year. His story is impressive and for the modern day mass monsters, i do think he looks good.
Spot on with these guys. One of my favorites is Steve Kuclo. All American down to earth man's man.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
maxresdefault.jpg

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Spot on with these guys. One of my favorites is Steve Kuclo. All American down to earth man's man.
he's always been a big monster. I also like the aussie Josh Lenartowicz.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic