Kiddorism
What's New?

Father's Day - 2021

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Yes @DieYoungStrong a kid on his team batting .333 this year was picked over him who is batting .775, imagine that. My buddy tells me stats only matter to dads, I guess he was right.
You obviously don't bellyache and complain as much as the other parents.

I got so sick of youth sports with my boys. About 50% of the time I had to have a talk with my boys in the car after the game, saying, "boys, we don't behave like that!" And I was referring to parents' behavior! Was so freaking depressing.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . You are 100% correct. My oldest son is now a football stud, and he actually just competed in his first powerlifting meet last weekend and won his weight class competing against kids up to their sophomore year - he's a re-classified 7th grader. My baseball rat is 10. If you told me 5 years ago that my oldest would be winning powerlifting meets, and going to one of the best football prep schools in my state on scholarship - I would have laughed you out of the room.

He was ok but not anything special when he started out. He tried out for a state all-star team 3 years ago, and got cut. He was devastated. I told him he could do one of 2 things - tuck tail and let getting cut define him, or let it light a fire under his ass and go out there and show those coaches they made a big mistake. It 100% lit a fire under his ass, and he became a complete gym rat - lifting, running, and having me take him to every camp and clinic we could get too. He has now started on that same team the last 2 years, earned a scholarship to the prep school, and just got invited to one of the biggest showcase camps in the country over the summer.

I'm 100% convinced none of this would have happened if he didn't get cut from that team. He literally has a printed copy of the "sorry you didn't make the team" email taped to his bedroom wall, and he has become so motivated that it's actually nuts to me. This kid is now on a mission, and I love watching it. He will end up being successful in whatever job he ends up in someday.

It may be that, while kids can learn unintended lessons from their participation in sports ... so too can parents. Sounds like, DYS, either you developed parenting skills during your son's journey, or you fine-tuned skills you already had.

Well done.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Politics!! My son was 12 and got asked to play on the travel team. I told the coach as long as he plays we will. But we are not sitting the bench in 90 degree weather while my boat sits at the dock. Sure enough 1st game he doesn't go in until the last inning down by one man on 3rd and he puts one over rt field fence. Gets game ball and back on the bench game 2. I walk over to the dug out and tell him to pack up we're outta here. Coach sticks his tail between his legs and walks over to third. My son yells "hey dad can we go out on the boat"? I could hear the other kids saying "can we go with you"?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Back to the Original point of the thread.

Just got a solo stove (look it up) and a backyard net for golf from my gf. Both perfect gifts.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
A new pair of Maxxis Assegai tires for my MTB.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Just returned my griddle to Lowe's, my wife bought me the 2 burner little one, no cover..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic