Kiddorism
What's New?

Father's Day - 2021

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
What are you all putting on your list this year?

I think I'm going for a nice Blackstone Griddle to complete the trifecta of Smoker and Grill. They have a nice one with an air fryer on it also

images

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Those blackstone griddle's are nice! My buddy has one and I'm jealous. Can make a great breakfast on them.

My father's day present is getting to drive 6-8 hours home from a baseball tournament in PA

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Those blackstone griddle's are nice! My buddy has one and I'm jealous. Can make a great breakfast on them.

My father's day present is getting to drive 6-8 hours home from a baseball tournament in PA
You weren't in the one this past weekend? I'll be at a different tourney doing the same thing Sunday!

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
You weren't in the one this past weekend? I'll be at a different tourney doing the same thing Sunday!

Nope I had a local tourney this weekend. Travel next weekend and then done with AAU. Summer town all-star travel team for the rest of the month and July, and then on to football in August. Never ends.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Nope I had a local tourney this weekend. Travel next weekend and then done with AAU. Summer town all-star travel team for the rest of the month and July, and then on to football in August. Never ends.
My son missed the Allstar team and I am pissed. Coach took 3 kids who haven't hit in weeks and my son hit it 250 on Saturday

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My son missed the Allstar team and I am pissed. Coach took 3 kids who haven't hit in weeks and my son hit it 250 on Saturday

The people who praise youth sports always cite how much kids can learn from participation. Your son may have just learned a valuable lesson on how the world turns that will serve him well as he grows into adulthood. To advise you to "enjoy it" would be all wrong, but incorporate it into your own Father-Son lesson plan ... he may thank you one day.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
LK! Have been shopping blackstone's as of late. Looking to also expand our grilling arsenal LOL. But in my case, it will be food prep. Right now, i have to make shit in batches.....if i had that big mofo i could do it all at once.
Just cant decide if i wanna get the one with an airfryer or not. My brother got the big one with airfryer and warming drawer.

As far as father's day. Probably gonna spend it with my Dad : )

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013

I thought I heard you say he was hitting 775 for one of his teams or something crazy like that? How the hell does he not make it with that average - town daddy ball league?

The people who praise youth sports always cite how much kids can learn from participation. Your son may have just learned a valuable lesson on how the world turns that will serve him well as he grows into adulthood. To advise you to "enjoy it" would be all wrong, but incorporate it into your own Father-Son lesson plan ... he may thank you one day.

You are 100% correct. My oldest son is now a football stud, and he actually just competed in his first powerlifting meet last weekend and won his weight class competing against kids up to their sophomore year - he's a re-classified 7th grader. My baseball rat is 10. If you told me 5 years ago that my oldest would be winning powerlifting meets, and going to one of the best football prep schools in my state on scholarship - I would have laughed you out of the room.

He was ok but not anything special when he started out. He tried out for a state all-star team 3 years ago, and got cut. He was devastated. I told him he could do one of 2 things - tuck tail and let getting cut define him, or let it light a fire under his ass and go out there and show those coaches they made a big mistake. It 100% lit a fire under his ass, and he became a complete gym rat - lifting, running, and having me take him to every camp and clinic we could get too. He has now started on that same team the last 2 years, earned a scholarship to the prep school, and just got invited to one of the biggest showcase camps in the country over the summer.

I'm 100% convinced none of this would have happened if he didn't get cut from that team. He literally has a printed copy of the "sorry you didn't make the team" email taped to his bedroom wall, and he has become so motivated that it's actually nuts to me. This kid is now on a mission, and I love watching it. He will end up being successful in whatever job he ends up in someday.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Enjoy it, when its over you ypu wish it was still happening.

I complain, but I love it. I love watching my boys play sports. I like watching them succeed, and I like watching them struggle just as much - watching to see how they handle adversity is great.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yes @DieYoungStrong a kid on his team batting .333 this year was picked over him who is batting .775, imagine that. My buddy tells me stats only matter to dads, I guess he was right.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic