Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Fat burner

I

Ironbarbie

May 22, 2014
Hey! So I am new here and I am taking a fat burner right now well I use ephedrine and caffeine as mine. Any thoughts on taking that with anavar to cut?

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
First, welcome :)

Second, can you tell us a bit about your goals, diet, training background?

Third, if you are looking at using it as a means to lose fat...I will say no

Fourth, have you used aas before?

It's much easier for us to give you the correct information if we know the above, Thank you :)

I

Ironbarbie

May 22, 2014
Hi there thank you! So I am about 162 5'4 pretty muscular looking to keep muscle but cut and drop some fat. Probably about 10 lbs. Yes I have about a year ago. I eventually want to do a figure show but in the meantime until I can I wanna cut and look good for summer :) I train about 5x a week and diet isn't horrible but could also be better.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I would get everything in line first. Diet training cardio. When you feel you have mastered those things then you can start thinking about AAS. Var is not a cutter. Females tend to hold water on it. I lost some definition in my abs and I hold it in my face and arms. You will add size with it but that cut look you will not get IMO

I

Ironbarbie

May 22, 2014
I would get everything in line first. Diet training cardio. When you feel you have mastered those things then you can start thinking about AAS. Var is not a cutter. Females tend to hold water on it. I lost some definition in my abs and I hold water in my face and arms. You will add size with it but that cut look you will not get IMO

Ok great thank you! If trying to cut about how much cardio should I be doing? I'm worried I am lifting too much but I am doing high reps I usually do 20,15,12,10

M

Mrs.Determined

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2014
I would get everything in line first. Diet training cardio. When you feel you have mastered those things then you can start thinking about AAS. Var is not a cutter. Females tend to hold water on it. I lost some definition in my abs and I hold it in my face and arms. You will add size with it but that cut look you will not get IMO

This is why I dont understand why my coach had me on var until yesterday and my show is Saturday. I feel like I am holding so much water.

M

Mrs.Determined

TID Lady Member
May 14, 2014
Ok great thank you! If trying to cut about how much cardio should I be doing? I'm worried I am lifting too much but I am doing high reps I usually do 20,15,12,10

Try fasted cardio monday threw friday 45 mins. Heart rate around 130-145. Then go up from there. Alot of people walk for 30 after they work out to reduce soreness

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Hi there thank you! So I am about 162 5'4 pretty muscular looking to keep muscle but cut and drop some fat. Probably about 10 lbs. Yes I have about a year ago. I eventually want to do a figure show but in the meantime until I can I wanna cut and look good for summer :) I train about 5x a week and diet isn't horrible but could also be better.

If you are only looking at a 10 loss, you can do that easy by cleaning up your diet as you say it could be better.

You can do HIIT cardio, done correctly it will burn fat fast

or, you can do the slow and longer cardio sessions keeping your heart rate at a fat burning level. So say 45 min @ a heart rate of 130

Thank you for answering, my opinion still stands at no, you shouldn't use the var

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
This is why I dont understand why my coach had me on var until yesterday and my show is Saturday. I feel like I am holding so much water.

Unfortunately not every coach knows their shit. At least you now know when to stop if you compete again :)

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I weight train 1 1/2 hours and then do 20 min after. It's maintaining me well. Fasted am cardio is also good

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I agree - clean up the diet - if that isnt' producing the results you want, throwing drugs on top will produce less than spectacular results. As mentioned, var is NOT a cutter, it is a steroid. You will promote lean muscle mass, but if you're not lean already, then you're going to start looking thick. And your diet still isn't tight so your body will take that as a "bulking diet" and the var will promote - eventually you might drop some fat but if you're trying to dump 10 lb, its just a lot of extra stuff that is giving your body different signals for which it won't be able to produce the results you're expecting.

If you're already doing high-rep / aerobic training and your diet is "ok", the result is the body you have now. You want to lose 10 lb, so you need to start by altering what you are currently doing. Throwing drugs on top of a protocol that isn't getting you where you want isn't going to make it better. This should be fairly easy:

1) Clean up the diet - this should produce a great result to begin with. I don't know what your diet looks like but you should write it out and get a true estimate of the daily macro breakdown and total calories. I've had great luck w/ carb cycling and it is fairly easy to incorporate into your eating schedule. Produces great results. But you need to give it a true 3 weeks to get established to start getting results from it. Also in support of your training schedule, you can put your higher carb days on the days you lift heavier (e.g. leg or back day) where you will use them more efficiently.

2) If you want to incorporate cardio, try 20 min HIIT added 3 days / week. You can also throw in some steady-state on your off days if you want.

3) Don't waste your time getting sidetracked thinking about running steroid cycles to get results The above is the first step. Drugs add a whole other level of complication and none of it ever comes for free - so you need to incorporate both the results and the sides into your reasonable expectations of a cycle, as well as responsibility for both the results and the sides when they come. (i.e. you need to know what you're doing.)

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
One more thing to consider is that anavar is very often faked. The drug is very expensive and an underground lab could sell you low dose dbol or Winny (very cheap drugs). So once diet and everything is in check, and you have been consistent with it for a couple of years, then ask yourself how well you know your supplier.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic