Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Fasting with night being last vs first in the fast.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Update 2: Now in hour 38 or something close to that. The hunger is a dull background ache today, nothing crazy. I feel kinda energized yet weak/light-headed at the same time. Almost like if I took an adderal or modafinal, but not quite as intense. I read about this effect and underestimated it. Talking with a colleague this morning and he asked me how much caffeine I’d had. It was the normal double shot of espresso that I make myself every morning (sans butter and cinnamon) but as soon as he said something, I realized I was zooming pretty good. Been making a conscious effort to actually slow it all down right now, interestingly enough.

I slept fairly well last night. I did wake up once to pee and had a little bit of trouble falling back asleep because I was simply too cold at the temp that I always keep my house at, so I bumped it up 2 degrees and fell back asleep. Woke up to my alarm, sweating, lol. Damn tempurpedic bed.

I will weigh myself later today when I go to the gym. I was 259 on Saturday. I’m guessing 250 or so right now. I’ve taken two decent shits since then and can absolutely see the water I’ve dropped since fasting, in my face and hands and feet most of all. I hate it, ha, but I know that fullness will come back. The flavored water is a godsend. I’ve had at least 2 gallons total since I started the fast. I knew I’d use way too many packets if I added 1 per 16oz, so I just use them for a hint of the flavor, and put a half packet for roughly every 40oz water.

Not sure what else to report. I’m not as irritable today. My breath is trash. The Last Kingdom was absolutely worth watching, awesome. Shit wrong thread. Alright I’m out.

Noradrenaline is elevated during a fast — can feel “skittish.” Lightheadedness, sensation of lethargy and airiness in general is common while glucose is depleted and things go through the adaptation to ketone production.
Awesome to hear you’re pushing through it.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Noradrenaline is elevated during a fast — can feel “skittish.” Lightheadedness, sensation of lethargy and airiness in general is common while glucose is depleted and things go through the adaptation to ketone production.
Awesome to hear you’re pushing through it.

I’m just counting on this being good for me in the long run, lol. I’m closing in on two full days with no food or calories at all and while I don’t feel terrible, I am ready for some sushi.

I just got home from the gym, and my workout wasn’t all that bad, considering. Somehow managed to get a pump while hitting arms (super high rep so I suppose no surprise), and my rowing splits were good (for me). Did a few pull-ups but was fairly gassed from the rowing and arms I did prior, not in that order. Finished with the arm bike for 10 minutes and left. Caught myself in the mirror a few times thinking I looked skinny and flat and weak and small, haha, but I think that’s mostly in my head. And the gym likely has those funny mirrors that make you look an inch taller and 10lbs lighter. They do that. It’s real.

I will stick this out through the night again and make it until the afternoon tomorrow, just like I set out to. Like I said, I’m chill most of the time but when I go, I go. First meal back at 3p tomorrow will be a small homemade smoothie and a small serving of steak and potato. Once I let that settle a bit and start to feel hungry again, I’m going to my favorite sushi spot, 100%. $100 bill just for my sushi, every time, and I never complain. I certainly won’t tomorrow.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I’m just counting on this being good for me in the long run, lol. I’m closing in on two full days with no food or calories at all and while I don’t feel terrible, I am ready for some sushi.

I just got home from the gym, and my workout wasn’t all that bad, considering. Somehow managed to get a pump while hitting arms (super high rep so I suppose no surprise),and my rowing splits were good (for me). Did a few pull-ups but was fairly gassed from the rowing and arms I did prior, not in that order. Finished with the arm bike for 10 minutes and left. Caught myself in the mirror a few times thinking I looked skinny and flat and weak and small, haha, but I think that’s mostly in my head. And the gym likely has those funny mirrors that make you look an inch taller and 10lbs lighter. They do that. It’s real.

I will stick this out through the night again and make it until the afternoon tomorrow, just like I set out to. Like I said, I’m chill most of the time but when I go, I go. First meal back at 3p tomorrow will be a small homemade smoothie and a small serving of steak and potato. Once I let that settle a bit and start to feel hungry again, I’m going to my favorite sushi spot, 100%. $100 bill just for my sushi, every time, and I never complain. I certainly won’t tomorrow.

You’re doing really good — it takes a lot to take on, most won’t or can’t.
It has to develop in increments, but I encourage you to consider in the future to break a fast with either a few days of clean keto or carnivore before having more common foods — glucose / fructose heavy items. Something like steak and eggs, sausage, bacon…. Carbless or bare min carbs. After a fast, a good 2-3 solid days of this style, then a “cheat” (common food), and back to some cycle of fasting,

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I kinda figured you might suggest that and I have considered it, but I’m going to make this first one more comfortable on the comeback, so-to-speak. I love my meats and eggs and most of your carnivore foods, but liver is hard to do for me. Scratch that, I can’t do liver. And I do know from some exclusion diets that I’ve intentionally tried to see how I react to different food groups, rice and potatoes and veggies and fruits all serve me well alongside the plentiful meats.

Thanks again for the help here. I appreciate it more than just a like button shows.

Edit: forgot to weigh myself at the gym today so I went to the grocery store just now and…246! Wtf? 13 pounds in 2 days and I’ve been drinking water nonstop. Not exactly proud or anything, but holy hell, that’s surprising to me.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Great work SAD! Good log. Wow, that was a big weight drop in two days.

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Update : Feeling drained and flat and weak today, which makes more sense than the energy I felt yesterday. Sooooo ready to eat.

Not a whole lot happens when you fast. Behind the scenes, I hope, but overtly it’s not exciting or easy or fun. If nothing else though it’s been a great exercise in discipline and saved some money.

Just a couple more hours…

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Just ordered my first meal back from a local boutique steakhouse. 8oz filet mignon with roasted garlic butter asparagus and green beans. I’ll wash it down with my planned fresh fruit smoothie.

It’s been a long time since I was this excited about a meal.

Reactions: 5.0
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Dear God, that was amazing. I could taste the butter in the crust and they managed to cook it perfectly too. The flavors, seriously beyond description. I screwed up with my fasted brain and ordered two orders of green beans so I missed out on some banging asparagus but the green beans were awesome too. The smoothie was almost too much sugar/flavor/tartness, but it was a good dessert. Already looking forward to getting hungry again and smashing sushi tonight. What was that about breaking my food addiction??

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Impressive, spur of the moment decision to do this makes it even more! Enjoy every damn roll.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Just ordered my first meal back from a local boutique steakhouse. 8oz filet mignon with roasted garlic butter asparagus and green beans. I’ll wash it down with my planned fresh fruit smoothie.

It’s been a long time since I was this excited about a meal.

Realized / comprehended or not, we’ve ALL become mental and physical food addicts. No exaggeration, no shit — ADDICTS.
Over indulging in frequency and quantity / volume of food and drinks. Fasting is a course toward healing this and healing our health (mentally and physically). We’ve truly fucked ourselves up.
Another benefit of fasting — once we begin refeeding / consuming again, we have a far greater appreciation, gratefulness and enjoyment of our food and we discover a deeper connection and don’t take it for granted. We’re fat over fed, yet very undernourished — fasting can teach us to consume more nutrient dense, quality food when we do consume.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Nothing. No ingestion of calories. No food nor drink caloric consumption. In the initial hours (avg 8-12), circulating glucose is expended, and then liver stored glucose (glycogen) gets used up next….. then, the body switches from glucose to ketone production and uses stored fat (body fat) for energy.
The body has a type of “secret menu” that only gets accessed by triggering it — Fasting is that trigger.
But you do drink water with some Redmond's salt, coffee, and occasionally a Rockstar.

Other than that, nada?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
But you do drink water with some Redmond's salt, coffee, and occasionally a Rockstar.

Other than that, nada?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Correct, nothing outside of that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic