pbtom
What's New?

Fasted Bloodwork-July Results

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Gave blood last thurs, fasted to see how my cholesterol was doing. Just got my results back today. Well, not so good lol. I mean could be worse. So au natural it is.
Note: I do this on my own to monitor how my body is doing. My doctor does not see this, i paid for this test out of my pocket because I am responsible and know that some compounds are harmful to your body. So i test my blood usually every year, fasted. Again, my doc has no idea. I order the tests through PrivateMDLabs.com.

COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL W/EGFR
GLUCOSE: 84, NORMAL Ref range: 65-99 mg/dL

UREA NITROGEN (BUN): 27, HIGH 7-25 mg/dL

CREATININE: 0.89, NORMAL Ref range: 0.50-1.05 mg/dL
For patients >49 years of age, the reference limit
for Creatinine is approximately 13% higher for people
identified as African-American.
eGFR NON-AFR. AMERICAN 76 NORMAL
> OR = 60mL/min/1.73m2
eGFR AFRICAN AMERICAN 88 NORMAL
> OR = 60mL/min/1.73m2

BUN/CREATININE RATIO: 30, HIGH Ref range: 6-22 (calc)

SODIUM :136, NORMAL Ref range: 135-146 mmol/L

POTASSIUM: 4.4, NORMAL Ref range: 3.5-5.3 mmol/L

CHLORIDE: 101, NORMAL Ref range: 98-110 mmol/L

CARBON DIOXIDE: 29, NORMAL Ref range: 20-32 mmol/L

CALCIUM: 9.4, NORMAL Ref range: 8.6-10.4 mg/dL

PROTEIN, TOTAL: 6.3, NORMAL Ref range: 6.1-8.1 g/dL

ALBUMIN: 4.0, NORMAL Ref range: 3.6-5.1 g/dL

GLOBULIN: 2.3, NORMAL Ref range: 1.9-3.7 g/dL (calc)

ALBUMIN/GLOBULIN RATIO: 1.7, NORMAL Ref range: 1.0-2.5 (calc)

BILIRUBIN, TOTAL: 0.7, NORMAL Ref range: 0.2-1.2 mg/dL

ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE: 42, NORMAL Ref range: 37-153 U/L

AST: 19, NORMAL Ref range: 10-35 U/L

ALT: 31, HIGH Ref range: 6-29 U/L

LIPID PANEL WITH RATIOS:
CHOLESTEROL, TOTAL: 172, NORMAL Ref range: <200 mg/dL

HDL CHOLESTEROL 32 LOW > OR = 50 mg/dL

TRIGLYCERIDES: 64, NORMAL Ref range: <150 mg/dL

LDL-CHOLESTEROL: 124 HIGH mg/dL (calc)
Reference range: <100
Desirable range <100 mg/dL for primary prevention;
<70 mg/dL for patients with CHD or diabetic patients
with > or = 2 CHD risk factors.
LDL-C is now calculated using the Martin-Hopkins
calculation, which is a validated novel method providing
better accuracy than the Friedewald equation in the
estimation of LDL-C.
Martin SS et al. JAMA. 2013;310(19): 2061-2068
(http://education.QuestDiagnostics.com/faq/FAQ164)

CHOL/HDLC RATIO: 5.4, HIGH Ref range: <5.0 (calc)

LDL/HDL RATIO: 3.9, NORMAL (calc)

Below average Risk: <2.34
Average Risk: 2.35-4.12
Moderate Risk: 4.13-5.56
High Risk: >5.57

NON HDL CHOLESTEROL: 140, HIGH Ref range: <130 mg/dL (calc)
For patients with diabetes plus 1 major ASCVD risk
factor, treating to a non-HDL-C goal of <100 mg/dL
(LDL-C of <70 mg/dL) is considered a therapeutic
option.

GGT: 8, NORMAL Ref range: 3-70 U/L

IRON, TOTAL: 123, NORMAL Ref range: 45-160 mcg/dL

LD :129, NORMAL Ref range: 120-250 U/L

PHOSPHATE (AS PHOSPHORUS): 4.1, NORMAL Ref range: 2.5-4.5 mg/dL

URIC ACID: 5.5, NORMAL Ref range: 2.5-7.0 mg/dL
Therapeutic target for gout patients: <6.0 mg/dL

Go ahead....pick it a part....LOL....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Someone needs to eat more sushi to get those Cholesterol numbers in the good range

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Nothing that is off the chain or particularly concerning IMO. When did you finish you last cycle of orals?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
What are you on right now or how long have you been off? Compounds and esters...

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Var.....and still on....

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Labs are really pretty normal. Assuming 10 mg/d? Decreased HDL is normal for any C-17 and SARM and to some degree with any androgen although minimal with test or nandrolone and not even a issue. In addition, I don't get concerned about HDL as a function of androgens unless its less than 25 and for a prolonged period of time. Androgens increase HL and SRB1 intensify reverse cholesterol transport and that is not the same as having either a dysfunctional reverse cholesterol transport system with a high HDL or an endogenously low HDL. We know from decades of trying to increase HDL by pharmacological means that simply increasing HDL does not = reduced risk of CAD, therefore reducing it pharmacologically doesn't necessarily increase risk of CAD. There are people that take Winny daily, albeit low doses 2 - 6 mg for HAE for decades and they do not experience any increased morbidity or mortality esp cardiovascular or hepatic disease and even 2 mg of Winny will hit HDL and even increase LDL. Once you're off the Var the HDL will come back. LFTs are fine, BUN can increase with high protein intakes, AST and ALT can increase from exercise alone, esp AST. Always check CK along with LFTs, if CK is high the elevation in LFTs are likely coming from muscle, not liver, and any C-17 can result in some elevation of LFTs, even Var. That is expected and not an issue unless > 2x NUL. The non-HDL cholesterol is a little high along with LDL, perhaps less saturated fat in the diet would help as Var in low doses generally doesn't affect LDL. If no family history of CAD not as much of a concern. Do you have baseline labs off Var? Recheck in about 6 - 8 weeks and see what has changed. IMO, best bet is to use test esters as a base and maybe a little nandrolone. A few face hairs to shave, sensitive clit and maybe a little deeper voice are not life threatening and T can be run forever without concern over any serious sides, plus you won't bounce around like a yo-yo on and off cycles, or add the Var in for short cycles and keep the base of T to maintain most of the gains. My position on AAS is, if the sides cosmetic or otherwise concern you, stay natty and you have nothing to worry about and always know your limitations if you dip your toes in the pool.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Along with CK, you can also check hs-CRP to get an idea of systemic inflammation, that plays a role in CAD. Higher dose uses, check BNP, it is sensitive to changes in ventricular wall stress and predictive of heart failure. If your concern is an enlarged heart, keep an eye on BNP, if it keeps going up and echo would be a good idea. Keep BP in check and if a regular user of orals, regardless of labs, get a liver US yearly or EOY just to make sure.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
You got a few things going on. The cholesterol is something you can get under control quick. Take some Metamucil daily and that will be good. you need some Liver Care for your enzymes , or start drinking a few cups of coffee every morning.

NOW what’s the most concerning is your Bun and Bun creatine. If the Dr saw that he might be thinking of ordering a kidney biopsy. Something is really damaging your kidneys and you are getting protein coming out. They are pretty high, you need to get those down ASAP and google beat ways to lower those.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
You got a few things going on. The cholesterol is something you can get under control quick. Take some Metamucil daily and that will be good. you need some Liver Care for your enzymes , or start drinking a few cups of coffee every morning.

NOW what’s the most concerning is your Bun and Bun creatine. If the Dr saw that he might be thinking of ordering a kidney biopsy. Something is really damaging your kidneys and you are getting protein coming out. They are pretty high, you need to get those down ASAP and google beat ways to lower those.

Thanks JackD....I already drink 2 cups of coffee every morning. Sometimes a third later in the day. For the last couple of weeks, i have incorporated a dose of Metamucil every day. I don't take a livercare, but do have some to take. Prolly should.

Thanks for pointing out BUN/Creatinine level. i'll google ways to get that lowered. My current diet that i am on, which is going on 3 weeks now is high in protein and fat and only one serving of veggies a day actually. Perhaps that now identifies why the increased level.

Smitty217

Smitty217

Nov 10, 2021
If your not doing it already, add fish oil morning and night. Also, Berberine can improve HDL and lower LDL and TRYG significantly even while on compounds. I added it and my HDL went up 25 points, LDL went down 33 points, and TRYG went down almost 30 points in 6 weeks. I was using Test C and Decca and still am. I took 500 mg twice daily 15 minutes before a meal. My fasted blood sugar dropped 26 points!! Good compound for longevity IMO.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Labs are really pretty normal. Assuming 10 mg/d? Decreased HDL is normal for any C-17 and SARM and to some degree with any androgen although minimal with test or nandrolone and not even a issue. In addition, I don't get concerned about HDL as a function of androgens unless its less than 25 and for a prolonged period of time. Androgens increase HL and SRB1 intensify reverse cholesterol transport and that is not the same as having either a dysfunctional reverse cholesterol transport system with a high HDL or an endogenously low HDL. We know from decades of trying to increase HDL by pharmacological means that simply increasing HDL does not = reduced risk of CAD, therefore reducing it pharmacologically doesn't necessarily increase risk of CAD. There are people that take Winny daily, albeit low doses 2 - 6 mg for HAE for decades and they do not experience any increased morbidity or mortality esp cardiovascular or hepatic disease and even 2 mg of Winny will hit HDL and even increase LDL. Once you're off the Var the HDL will come back. LFTs are fine, BUN can increase with high protein intakes, AST and ALT can increase from exercise alone, esp AST. Always check CK along with LFTs, if CK is high the elevation in LFTs are likely coming from muscle, not liver, and any C-17 can result in some elevation of LFTs, even Var. That is expected and not an issue unless > 2x NUL. The non-HDL cholesterol is a little high along with LDL, perhaps less saturated fat in the diet would help as Var in low doses generally doesn't affect LDL. If no family history of CAD not as much of a concern. Do you have baseline labs off Var? Recheck in about 6 - 8 weeks and see what has changed. IMO, best bet is to use test esters as a base and maybe a little nandrolone. A few face hairs to shave, sensitive clit and maybe a little deeper voice are not life threatening and T can be run forever without concern over any serious sides, plus you won't bounce around like a yo-yo on and off cycles, or add the Var in for short cycles and keep the base of T to maintain most of the gains. My position on AAS is, if the sides cosmetic or otherwise concern you, stay natty and you have nothing to worry about and always know your limitations if you dip your toes in the pool.

Thank you for the info, W-6!!!...Really enjoyed the knowledge (opinion ;) )!...I know u are busy, so u taking the time to post is greatly appreciated!... :)

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
If your not doing it already, add fish oil morning and night. Also, Berberine can improve HDL and lower LDL and TRYG significantly even while on compounds. I added it and my HDL went up 25 points, LDL went down 33 points, and TRYG went down almost 30 points in 6 weeks. I was using Test C and Decca and still am. I took 500 mg twice daily 15 minutes before a meal. My fasted blood sugar dropped 26 points!! Good compound for longevity IMO.
Berberine looks interesting. May have to give that a try.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic