Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

farmers carry

S

soinkid

Mar 14, 2011
hey yall I have been asked my gym to build 2 sets of farmers carry bars for a benefit they do yearly for one of our members with terminal prostate cancer. anyways since this is the strongman forum I was hoping i could either get some advice on these bars, or that maybe someone knows of a site that has the dimentions, material to use, weight, etc. basicall a blueprint and bill of materials is what im looking for. I dont wanna just build shit bars for them to use, I want to build some badass bars...any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Two of my training partners have made some.i will ask them to give me the details on them.

I

Iron_Clad

Jun 30, 2011
Since he never got back to you...I build these out in Baltimore, Maryland(just west) and typically use either a 4"x2"x1/4" wall rectangular tubing. I cut that at 49 1/2", add two 1/4" plates on both sides making an overall length of 50". I put two 1 1/2"(outside dimension is 1 7/8") pipes at 9" in from the outside of both ends, these are 12" long and I typically cap the end to keep out rain/debree. I make the handle out of 1" pipe(outside is approx 1 3/8") unless asked to make a heavier grip and leave that at 16" to give a nice squatting start position.

I usually sell these at $125, but that's a fairly cheap price compared to a true fabrication shop price. I would call a few local shops, look on craigslist, and keep posting in similar forums.

A

arnoldblack

Sep 6, 2010
This is a tough one for me and I need to get better at it. A freind who is a welder is custom building me one now, I'll post some pictures when its done.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic