Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

extreme couponing

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I know there was a thread posted about this before but I cant find it.

While these people save a ton of money I think they have some mental issues.

One of the men had roughly 50,000 to 75,000 worth if stuff in his "inventory".He said he only paid roughly a 1000 for it but who in the hell needs 150 years worth of deodorant.
I think it would almost be a fulltime job couponing the way they do.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i never ever cut coupons. dont know why just has never been my thing. but my oldest sister is a huge coupon queen. i personally think that it is an addiction!

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
My wife is actually going to try this. I think its bullshit, but hey if you can get away with it. Go for it. I know you cant do it at walmart either. I told my wife, whats from stopping these grocery stores from putting a limit on how many of one item you can buy? especially the buy 1 get one free. I know pop has a limit of 10 cases at least around by me. I see what they are doing, but its a fulltime job keeping up with all of it. I found out at work, they actually teach a class on it. And if you sign up for it, you get this ladies website, and she posts all the info on the grocery stores there. You just have to go out and get the coupons. Will see. Ill keep you guys posted if it works. I personally think its like those infomercials, with those get rich quick skemes. They show success stories, but of course there will be some. But what about all the failures?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I would love to hear how it turns out.I have two people that post weekly coupons for local stores on my facebook.Some are great deals.
I rarely use coupons .

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
My wife is actually going to try this. I think its bullshit, but hey if you can get away with it. Go for it. I know you cant do it at walmart either. I told my wife, whats from stopping these grocery stores from putting a limit on how many of one item you can buy? especially the buy 1 get one free. I know pop has a limit of 10 cases at least around by me. I see what they are doing, but its a fulltime job keeping up with all of it. I found out at work, they actually teach a class on it. And if you sign up for it, you get this ladies website, and she posts all the info on the grocery stores there. You just have to go out and get the coupons. Will see. Ill keep you guys posted if it works. I personally think its like those infomercials, with those get rich quick skemes. They show success stories, but of course there will be some. But what about all the failures?

Got a link to that class?

Slic.

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
My wife and I watched an episode of that Extreme Couponing show. It was amazing to see this woman go into a store and buy over $200 worth of groceries and only pay 25 cents. Yes, she only paid 25 cents and that is because she grabbed some gum otherwise she would not have paid anything!!!! The problem for me and my wife is that most of the stuff that the coupons are for is for stuff that we don't eat or use. My wife does cut out and uses coupons for the things that we normally use, but we we're lucky if we save $10 off of our bill.

MadMick

MadMick

May 12, 2011
My Fiancee is does it and is pretty much an expert on the subject, in fact her and a friend teach a free a monthly class in the local library. We have a family of 4 and our monthly food bill has dropped HUNDREDS of dollars. She does not over buy things that we do not use. She does stock up on things like toothpaste, shampoo, shaving cream, bodywash, etc. She recently picked up 20 tubes of crest and was actually given back $$. For the record, she says the coupon show is rigged. The girls on there are illegally scanning and printing coupons.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
My Fiancee is does it and is pretty much an expert on the subject, in fact her and a friend teach a free a monthly class in the local library. We have a family of 4 and our monthly food bill has dropped HUNDREDS of dollars. She does not over buy things that we do not use. She does stock up on things like toothpaste, shampoo, shaving cream, bodywash, etc. She recently picked up 20 tubes of crest and was actually given back $$. For the record, she says the coupon show is rigged. The girls on there are illegally scanning and printing coupons.

wow, that is amazing. i dont have the patience for coupon clipping.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Got a link to that class?

Slic.

I dont, but I can ask my friend at work. His wife took it. I guess she gives you access to her website, and she posts all the sales, grocery store items, etc. on there. You might have to register or something, or pay for it, Im not quite sure. We briefly talked about it.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
My wife has been taking some pointers and has been doing better with the coupons. Has anyone noticed they don't buy anything that is ever good for you! I think I saw 1 show where they bought pork chops and that was about it.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
i never ever cut coupons. dont know why just has never been my thing. but my oldest sister is a huge coupon queen. i personally think that it is an addiction!

We dont cut either. And to be honest MOST not all, but most of the stuff they buy in that show is junk.
The quality foods: organic, all natural etc. are rarely ever on sale and almost never have a coupon available for them.

P

Phoenix

Nov 14, 2010
The thing I don't understand is that these folks buy tons and tons of stuff and stock it up. They have tons of foods in their "inventories" that will go bad eventually if you don't eat them -- everything goes bad eventually, even canned foods. As someone else said, who needs 150 years worth of deodorant? Or three years worth of cereal, if you're just going to keep buying more and more on top of it?

There was one guy on this show who used his "couponing powers" to buy foods for soup kitchens and homeless shelters (or something similar). I thought THAT was awesome. :D

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic