Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Expired Protein Powder?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
Is it ok or harmful to drink expired protein powder (Pro-Nos French vanilla). I have some Pro Nos I want to start drinking again with V-8 fushion and it expired 6-09 or say on the bottom best by 6-09. I do not want to get sick or not have the expired protein powder be effective as I using it to substite for a meal.

So do you drink expired protein powder?

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
That's a little too expired for me....maybe 6 months but not a year and a half.

M

muaythaifighter

Jan 21, 2011
yea..it shouldnt be a prob as long as it hasnt been on sun light. make sure its in a cool dry shaded area. but 09 is a bit too long for me as well....
i still have a jug of protein since last year..but it was kept in a cool dry and dark area.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I really don't think it 'expires'. Marketing ploy (unless its been heated).

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Only if its never been open, and stored correctly.

Otherwise chuck it.

Is it ok or harmful to drink expired protein powder(Pro-Nos French vanilla). I have some Pro Nos I want to start drinking again with V-8 fushion and it expired 6-09 or say on the bottom best by 6-09. I do not want to get sick or not have it be effective as I using it to substite for a meal.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Is it ok or harmful to drink expired protein powder(Pro-Nos French vanilla). I have some Pro Nos I want to start drinking again with V-8 fushion and it expired 6-09 or say on the bottom best by 6-09. I do not want to get sick or not have it be effective as I using it to substite for a meal.

First, let me say that my degree is in Food Science and I work in food protection for a steady paycheck...

If the container hasn't been opened it could be ok. Date marking is really a marketing tool; conditions it was stored in is more important. Either way, it won't make you sick, but the quality of it will degrade and the label won't really be accurate. If it has been opened, grab a scoop of it and see if there is what looks like "static electricity" causing the powder to cling to the outside of the scoop. If so chuck it.

If it were me, I'd chuck it. I like to eat good food and take good supplements.

B

burnormal

May 31, 2011
I say double the dose, that way if it's degraded, you know you're still getting enough protein anyways...Unless you're dieting, then you could run into some problems.

leedeaton

leedeaton

Jun 1, 2011
a year and a half is a long time, a few months, no problem, but I'd toss it

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011
If you find these friends in there you got some extra protein bro!

maden.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic