Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

EVL ENGN Pre-Workout 30-day Review

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Well I have just about finished off this tub of ENGN. Overall I’m happy with it. It’s one of the better ones I have right now in my stash. EVL did their homework on just about every aspect needed for a Pre-workout. I end up with a lot of Pre-workouts in my hands, but only a few make it into my reviews. If you don’t know how I do things. Here is a quick rundown. If you’re reading a review I wrote. I stand behind that product. If I receive a product from a company and you never see the review. It’s because I didn’t find it worth my time to write about. I do it this way for 2 main reasons. One I don’t want to burn a bridge with a company over a product I didn’t like. Especially if they have others I do want to write about. The second reason is I could fill pages and pages of bad and worthless products on my site. I like to keep my site pure and full of great products.

Ok back to EVL’s ENGN, This is one I stand behind and I will buy in the future and recommend to others.

Ingredient Profile: 8/10
Overall it’s pretty good. Of the ingredients it has are Most are dosed well and 2 scoops isn’t needed. I did run 2 scoops, 1.5 Scoops and I found 1 scoop just as effective. I did find adding 4-6g of Citrulline helped with bigger Pumps. I would like to see some Citrulline added to their mixture. I’m not a fan of seeing Creatine in Pre-workouts unless it has at least 5g. Anything less daily is just filler.

Taste: 9/10
Green Apple is what I had and I can say they did a great job with it. No complaints in the taste department.

Mixability: 10/10
No issues here either. With just a few quick shakes it mixed easily and wasn’t gritty at all.

Performance: 9/10
Flat out worked and worked even better once I added Citrulline. It provided plenty of energy for my 45min-1.5hr workouts. It doesn’t feel like it is just an overdose of Caffeine and Crazy amount of Beta-Alanine. Very consistent performance time and time again.

Cost: 9/10
The cost ranged from 29.99 to 49.99USD. At just under a dollar it’s a good deal and some sites are running specials. Buy 2 get 1 for $59. Which makes it about 65 cents a serving. One tub will last you about 2 months if you lift 3-4 times a week.

Overall: 9/10
This ranks pretty good. Even after adding Citrulline and the low dose of Creatine. It delivered and it worked every time I used it. For me to give it a 10/10. I would ditch the creatine and replace it with 4g of Citrulline.

Last edited:
ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
You enjoyed it that much? I tried this month before last and felt it to be weak both on performance and ingredients. Although i highly believe that all pre workouts effect everyone differently.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
You enjoyed it that much? I tried this month before last and felt it to be weak both on performance and ingredients. Although i highly believe that all pre workouts effect everyone differently.

I enjoyed it.. I have about 12 other PWO here and it's been my Go to for the last few weeks. Just ran out tonight. It's not the Strongest I have ever had, every time I used it.. I had incredible workouts.

The BA tingles where not as strong as I used it more and more, and I did work up to 2 scoops, but backed down as I didn't feel any difference. What I'm mainly after is my energy and focus to last through my workouts. And it delivered every time. I've got a couple of PWO here now from better known companies that I don't really even feel them..:(

Have your tried NLA's Supp-D? It's pretty good.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I have not tried that yet, I'll check it out. The best I've used in a looooooong time is performix ion. It's pricy but it is amazing. No insane burst of energy but very clean confident energy and lasts for a LONG time and literally zero crash. probably the best overall feeling pre workout I've ever used, solid pump boosy as well

U

ultradoug4

Jul 29, 2015
This is a nice thread. I'd like to see more on pws. Usually I'm mentally tanked when I hit the gym. But then I try to sleep soon afterwards. And there sure are a lot of them out there.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
This is a nice thread. I'd like to see more on pws. Usually I'm mentally tanked when I hit the gym. But then I try to sleep soon afterwards. And there sure are a lot of them out there.

If you try to sleep afterwards. I would just do a BCAA and add 4-6mg of citrulline and 1000-1500mg of Agmatine.
Make sure to get a BCAA without Caffeine or Beta-Alanine. This is a good Non-Stim Pre-workout.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic