tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I won't have my thanks till tonight lol

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Once people start realizing the only things that matter are calories (and not too low protein), drugs, and enough muscle stimulation-

The world will be a much happier place lol

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Once people start realizing the only things that matter are calories (and not too low protein), drugs, and enough muscle stimulation-

The world will be a much happier place lol

Amen!

I'm going to start telling people to do whatever they want. Just remember to eat and try not to hurt yourself.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Amen!

I'm going to start telling people to do whatever they want. Just remember to eat and try not to hurt yourself.

Yep; consistency and time are much more important than all the other minor details most people worry about.

The 80/20 rule most definitely applies here.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I would agree with you in the sense that when it comes to bbing, everything seems to change every couple of years as to what's the "in" thing to do for training. I would completely disagree with you about this when we're talking about strength training.

You can trace almost all the ideals used today in strength training like repetition effort, dynamic effort, and max effort back to the Russians in the 50's and 60's. The percentages to use, sets reps, etc all came from the Russian Scientists. Every training method; WSBB, 5/3/1, The Cube, Juggernaut, Sheiko, and even yours truly (SST) uses the information gained back than. That hasn't changed at all it's just now coming more into the public's eye.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I would agree with you in the sense that when it comes to bbing, everything seems to change every couple of years as to what's the "in" thing to do for training. I would completely disagree with you about this when we're talking about strength training.

You can trace almost all the ideals used today in strength training like repetition effort, dynamic effort, and max effort back to the Russians in the 50's and 60's. The percentages to use, sets reps, etc all came from the Russian Scientists. Every training method; WSBB, 5/3/1, The Cube, Juggernaut, Sheiko, and even yours truly (SST) uses the information gained back than. That hasn't changed at all it's just now coming more into the public's eye.

So, in essence we have a pretty good idea of how to get stronger but no idea on how to look bigger. I guess if BBing were easy, everyone would do it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
So, in essence we have a pretty good idea of how to get stronger but no idea on how to look bigger. I guess if BBing were easy, everyone would do it.

I don't think it has to do with being "easy". I think it has to do with the fact that science hasn't come into play as much. I think guru's use broscience more so and that is holding everyone back. How many guru's have Phd's in their area. Damn near ALL coaches abroad have masters and Phd's in their area of expertise and draw from it as well as their own empirical knowledge.

Last edited:
gator_mclusky

gator_mclusky

RIP
Sep 20, 2010
Amen!

That's great advice. Remember when Butter was evil, then Margarine saved the day...now it's opposite. Fish Oil cures everything and recent studies suggest it cures nothing.

I eat and try not to hurt myslef!!!! lol. True. One of my signatures is " I get my opinions from the real world, not bogus or controversial studies!"

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
I've adopted an open minded philosophy to various training styles and dieting styles. This stems from a great quote I read from Nark, "everything works in bodybuilding, but nothing works forever".

Like others have mentioned I believe consistency and time are the greatest factors towards achieving whatever your goals are. The human body will adapt to whatever stimuli you are applying to it, whether it being cyclical keto or high intensity training. Evolving your "lifestyle approach" (diet + training) as your body evolves is what currently is working for me.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
The only answer to your last question is that there is very little true research on bodybuilding protocol. Most of it is funded by supplement companies trying to get us to drink their shake in the "anabolic window" and such.

As hard as it is to swallow, most of it is personal trial and error. The good news is that just about any protocol will work as long as you put forth the effort, lift heavy and get enough cals, protein.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
It's all hilarious..

Only calories matter if you get at least 100g protein

Only stimulation matters-whether you damage the muscle through high rep, low rep, cheats, heavy weight, light weight doesn't fuckin matter

Only drugs matter-with enough drugs you can eat whatever the fuck you want and lift however you want; I know personally and so does Jason Huh with his shitty quarter reps

That's why I get so tired of reading about all these methods and foods/diets lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic