Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Everything Debunked

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Once upon a time, fat was the enemy. Then carbs were the enemy.
We were supposed to eat every 2-3 hours. Then Intermittent fasting.
We were supposed to do steady state cardio and keep the heart rate in range. Now its HIIT.
Creatine was once dangerous. We used to cycle that shit. Now it's as safe as milk and eggs.
We were supposed to drink whey within the metabolic window. Now we drink a whey casein mix whenever.
Machines were safer then freeweights. Now they are not.
Periodization was key. Now crossfit...

How is anyone supposed to believe anything about getting fit? Every single piece of advice I ever got has its proponents and opponents.

Some will answer this by saying "figure out what works best for you." And my argument is then why bother doing any research on any protocol if it means nothing to the individual? Your science says "do this" but why should I bother listening to your science if chances are it may not work for me?

Why is our science so flawed?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Welll I think we are all different with different goals so it isn't a one size fits all type thing.
I think people are to quick to stop doing something before they figure out if it works for them or not

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Well the one thing that stays consistent is that "bro-science" always wins out over studies and lab bullshit, I know this can be controversial but it is a FACT the the guys that are the largest, most muscular, and cut are generally the proponents of "bro-science" and the eating every few hours OBVIOUSLY works or EVERY huge fucker that wins trophies etc... would not be doing it and winning, same thing with the "anabolic window" how can you argue with what you can clearly see with your eyes as the way that works.

Everything has NOT been debunked in the real world IMO only in the lab.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Well the one thing that stays consistent is that "bro-science" always wins out over studies and lab bullshit, I know this can be controversial but it is a FACT the the guys that are the largest, most muscular, and cut are generally the proponents of "bro-science" and the eating every few hours OBVIOUSLY works or EVERY huge fucker that wins trophies etc... would not be doing it and winning, same thing with the "anabolic window" how can you argue with what you can clearly see with your eyes as the way that works.

Everything has NOT been debunked in the real world IMO only in the lab.

I posted this video in another thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Ffx73HvyqHg

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on this, Littleguy.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
We're all individuals GS. There is no answer other than we're all different. So find what works for you....

So why research then? Because it'll give you some ideas of what to try.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Nice bicep man. So, that's exactly my point. Not just about taking advice. Every one of us here has given advice. How can we legitimately give any advice other than "find what works"

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
That is the part about "putting in your time" not just adopting a routine and taking as much shit as you can get your hands on..lol
Give advice with the caveat of see how this works for you over the next few months and thats should be pretty good advice.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
You cant go by that you need to ask questions or look things up. When i first started training i watched every video ,looked at every post , magazine readings. I went to the gym and tried it all. What worked for me i think was every workout was different and so much fun. People also need to understand AAS and ask the right questions. As time goes by you learn more and can share that. But really its everyman for himself. And everyone will always think they are right

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
If I had any thanks left I would spread the love around. Thanks everyone.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Don't worry we can "FEEL THE LOVE!!" lol

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
Thanks for always posting great stuff

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic