Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Ever get the ol prostate "checked"?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Nothing wrong with it ... So many guys think this is gay or something but it can save your damn life man. Hell I sometimes check it myself cause it feels so good.. kidding kidding.

If you are 40 or older, get it done. Get a PSA test also every year. IMO a PSA test is as, if not more, important than a finger test. They can only feel one side of the prostate with the finger probe, the PSA tests the antigen in your blood to tell if you have issues they can see or feel.

Now if doc puts both his hands on your shoulders and you still feel something in your arse.... you've been violated! :p

Enjoy!!!!

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
my doctor checks mine with blood work. if they still stick your finger in your ass, they are molesting you, especially if they send you for bloodwork anyway.

typical response from someone who speaks uninformed.

If your blood tests come back with a higher then normal PSA.. then the exams become part of your yearly physical.

some doctors prefer to do it anyway (rectal exam) because the feel of your prostate is also an indication of issues.

enlarged
hard to the touch
rough or gritty and not smooth

rectal exams have a purpose for men. get over the homo stuff bro...really.

Last edited:
midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Hmmm...is surgery voluntary?

bro of coarse it is.

at 51 do you really think radiation is a good option? Sure in your 60's and 70's maybe but at 51 the scar tissue from treatment will cause issues over a lifetime. Surgery is usually the best option for guys in their 40's and 50's.

ken

ken

Aug 6, 2012
not sure on your age but in the last four months i have had two docs check it. one for my discharge from the Navy(honorable :) ) and then the other for the Veterans Association.

thanks= God they were both little guys lol. if Dr. Ronnie Coleman had walked through the door i would have cried.

it is not painful per se, but it sure as hell doesnt feel very good
well navy, should be used to being poked in the ass lol

ken

ken

Aug 6, 2012
i have the finger probe by the v.a. every 6 months

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
For $20 you can get any number of crack whores to check your prostate on harry hines blvd here in dallas. saves you the inconvenience and embarrassment of a doc visit, and is a lot more fun.

STEAK HELMET

STEAK HELMET

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
My doc is female...I am not a homophob...I am just scared I might like it and go back for more...LOL

she does have small fingers...do I dare ask for a reach around?? She is pretty hot too for 46.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
11586727501h6ak1.jpg.................

BEASTZ6

BEASTZ6

Sep 15, 2013
I have one done everytime I visit my female doctor. Takes about 5 seconds.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
I'm for the PSA test. Doctors are moving away from them because they say they aren't acurate. Them problems is they give more false positives. If that happens then get the rubber glove test and find out for sure.

Samson

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I think I'm gonna go for the camera up the butt trick colonoscopy)..that way I'll be knocked out and won't remember the violation of my b-hole! If I had a hottie for a Doc, I would go for it, but I got a friggin 80 year old wrinkled old dude..kinda creeps me out thinkin bout it...

granite, I suspect you already knew this, butt just in case . . . . . a colonoscopy is more complicated, costly and invasive than a DRE, but it don't do shit for the prostate, so to speak. One is to look for colon cancer, one for prostate cancer. Colonoscopies recommended for anyone over 50, earlier if you have a family history or symptoms yourself. Same deal with the prostate DRE ( often accompanied by a PSA bloodtest, which sometimes gives false positives btw ), except the guideline is younger, 40.

Like someone said above, the DRE doesn't exactly hurt, it just feels "wrong," my greatest fear is it will soften my stance on requesting anal sex ( < that's later, when I get home, dammit ! ) lol. The colonoscopy actually is "better" in that most doctors will give you as much sedation as you request. Some ppl opt for light so they can watch the whole thing on the screen near the bed, some go for heavier, where you are not aware of much of anything. Even with the heavier, the drugs are not what you'd get for real surgery, so you rebound faster. The common joke is that the prep is worse than the procedure. Varying products prescribed by MD's, but essentially you drink a fluid for a few hrs the night before that induces uncontrollable diarrhea for a few hrs, it gets to where you drink 8oz, you shit 8oz a minute later. After the first few, you are pretty much shitting clear fluid, which was the whole idea so the doc can see polyps that are not hidden by anything. You are also fasting from the night before the procedure too. Helps if you can see the tv from the commode, or bring a laptop or tablet in there with you, really, you will be fulltime commodeboy once you get the pump primed.

Suspect also everyone in this thread so far knows most/all of this, sorry if I got preachy. These 2 cancers can kill you but are easy to detect and treat if caught in time. If caught later they may still not be fatal, but you may have a useless penis the rest of your life, or a plastic bag taped to your abs collecting poop instead of the way you used to do it, the 2 procedures discussed in this thread are the way better choice, and really not too bad. If there is one member who reads this and profits, then my work here is done, probably the last useful post I'll ever make lol.

I've also had one penis-oscopy for an unrelated issue, no joke, details supplied only upon demand. They DO use a smaller scope for that one, btw.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic