Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Ever get the ol prostate "checked"?

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
guys getting a finger up yer azz for preventative purposes is no big deal. 9 times out of 10 the doc has a female Dr's assistant or whomever take the test....it seems to be delegated more now. It's worth it because I'm here as proof that what you think might be an enlarged prostate or a tweaked prostate due to being on tren or high estrogen CAN be cancer.

I was diagnosed with enlarged prostate and monitored for several years before being diagnosed stage 1 Gleason score 7 cancer. That's a tough call to get. Had the surgery on July 5th and it was a mutherfukker healing up. No fun but here I am back in good shape / sexual function @ 85 - 90% within 8 months.. and in a survivorship program. Had I not been checked I'd be dead within a few years.

I'm a private person but have strong feelings about raising awareness on this topic. If anyone has any questions related to this topic I know allot based on my experience... feel free to ask or pm.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
guys getting a finger up yer azz for preventative purposes is no big deal. 9 times out of 10 the doc has a female Dr's assistant or whomever take the test....it seems to be delegated more now. It's worth it because I'm here as proof that what you think might be an enlarged prostate or a tweaked prostate due to being on tren or high estrogen CAN be cancer.

I was diagnosed with enlarged prostate and monitored for several years before being diagnosed stage 1 Gleason score 7 cancer. That's a tough call to get. Had the surgery on July 5th and it was a mutherfukker healing up. No fun but here I am back in good shape / sexual function @ 85 - 90% within 8 months.. and in a survivorship program. Had I not been checked I'd be dead within a few years.

I'm a private person but have strong feelings about raising awareness on this topic. If anyone has any questions related to this topic I know allot based on my experience... feel free to ask or pm.

Hey midevil , Thanks for the info. I know I should do it but it's a mental thing with me i guess. Did you have any symptoms leading up to gettin checked? And what did they say about using aas' ? Seems half say it makes prostrate cancer worse or happen and now their sayin it can actually prevetn it? Did you go back on after clearing it?
Sorry Bro I know it's alot a questions but it's time for me and I just can't square it in my mind. Will they sedate you to get it done...I may need to be knocked out or tied up?

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Hey midevil , Thanks for the info. I know I should do it but it's a mental thing with me i guess. Did you have any symptoms leading up to gettin checked? And what did they say about using aas' ? Seems half say it makes prostrate cancer worse or happen and now their sayin it can actually prevetn it? Did you go back on after clearing it?
Sorry Bro I know it's alot a questions but it's time for me and I just can't square it in my mind. Will they sedate you to get it done...I may need to be knocked out or tied up?

symptoms: ache or tweaked feeling, slow unination, psa level increased every year

aas: did not discuss aas useage as I did not want it on my medical records. several of the cancer booklets that i was given made referance to testosterone / cancer. TRT is typicaslly not perscribed to anyone with prostate issues.

post surgery: i get a blood test every 6 months for 5 years to check for recurrance.

I'm no expert on aas and it's roll in prostate cancer...I can only say that one of the sides of high test level is enlarged prostate. Enlarged prostate can also be a sign of prostate cancer.

there's no reason to be frightened or stress over this ... the likelihood of a young guy like most of you being diagnosed is low to zero. Most times it's a serious scenario in men who are unlucky enough to have this form of cancer aer in their 40's or 50's. That age group typically will choose treatment to prevent spreading of the disease. Men in their 60's and 70's ... depending on the stage / Gleason score might not treat it at all.

One of my board friends had me talk to his father in law on the phone about what I went through and why I chose to have surgery over radiation. He had been diagnosed a year ago as stage 1 Gleason 6. He listened to the media and what he read down playing the disease... waited to long and the cancer spread outside of the prostate boarders (not good). So the idea that prostate cancer is not serious and everyone has it eventually is a very loose statement.

If you obtain cancer at a younger then normal age it has to be dealt with with some form of treatment.

I started having yearly prostate checks @ 40 years old. I'm 51 now.

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks midevil, I'm actually an old duffer like yo! lol.. guess it's time to put a bag over my head march in drop my drawers and climb out the wind ow for my exit. It's funny cause I'm as afraid of the doc fingering my b-hole as I am of cancer?
Thanks for sharing Brotha

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Thanks midevil, I'm actually an old duffer like yo! lol.. guess it's time to put a bag over my head march in drop my drawers and climb out the wind ow for my exit. It's funny cause I'm as afraid of the doc fingering my b-hole as I am of cancer?
Thanks for sharing Brotha

you can always have your wifey or gf give you a trial run ..it's nothing man. you can even request a female. I remember the first time my doc fingered the ol brown eye. I expressed my concern and she help her finger up and said look at her little fingers...at least she's not a man with lumberjack hands...;)

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
you can always have your wifey or gf give you a trial run ..it's nothing man. you can even request a female. I remember the first time my doc fingered the ol brown eye. I expressed my concern and she help her finger up and said look at her little fingers...at least she's not a man with lumberjack hands...;)

Haaa..I'm rollin on the ground readin this!! I gotta find a new Doctor then..he's an old fart . He's cool tho cause he'll give me just about whatever I ask...But his nurse has bigger fingers thatn him?!!

K

-KB-

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2010
Gread thread. I'm overdue for the digital exam.

B

BackInTheSaddle

Mar 4, 2012
This exam is just not a big deal-- It's not something I look forward to, but is purely medical and can save your life-- and only lasts like a couple of seconds. I've had two exams done. If you want to kill two birds with one stone, have a colonoscopy done and request that the doc do a prostate exam while you are sedated. When it's over, think how relieved you'll feel getting a clean bill of health from the two top cancer killers for men-- colon and prostate. So don't sweat it-- I don't like getting the "hernia check" either, but just remember the doc has probably done it a thousand times, you are just the patient, and it's a purely medical check-up. Later bro--

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Yeah i had it checked it but the weird thing was when he put his finger in my ass he had both hands on my shoulders

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
you think the biopsy was rough?..the surgery made that look like a walk in the park.

def get your prostate checked! especially if you have pain and or slow urine.

high test levels causes prostate cancer in some people.

My doc said surgery will be the last resort. I definetely have an enlarged prostate, but cancer free. She said it was very uncommon for a guy my age to have an enlarged prostate, but its not out of the ordinary either. Im convinced all the years of high dosed cycles and hgh contributed to it. I use 200mg/week cyp year round right now. I do go upto 400mg/week, but only when I diet. HGH I havent used since I found out. Im actually going to use a minimal dose again soon. Just nothing crazy like I used too.

Im suppose to go once a year to get it checked. Im actually due right now. Only thing I dont like is I pee alot, especially at night time. I guess it can be controlled with medication, but some have sexual side effects, and Im nervous to try any of that stuff. I used one medication and I stopped using it after 3 days and threw it right in the trash. It made my mouth so god damn dry, I was literally choking. I couldnt drink enough water.. And the other medication makes you not cum, so I tossed that one too. Ill deal with the peeing all the time..

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
IM, do you take saw palmetto daily? My prostate was just slightly enlarged, and I started taking it daily, and have done so for the past few years. Obviously, it's not magic, but I do think it has helped, and the last time my doc checked he said I was good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic