Kiddorism
What's New?

estrogen and test prop

phillygurl1

phillygurl1

TID Lady Member
Mar 28, 2012
Hello,

I need some advice on my current cycle. I started test prop at 50 mgs x 3 days a week with 100 mgs EQ. I am on dose 3 and I am bloating like crazy. I've put on 10 pounds. I am convinced it is the estrogen/water retention. I am also taking 20 mg. Var and 20 mg nolva a.m. and 20 mg p.m. and .5 tab arimidex and 1.5 tabs arimidex p.m. since one is a blocker and the other inhibitor I figured there is no use in upping the nolva/adex. Any suggestions on how to combat the estrogen/water retention. I want to stay on this cycle and having no other sides. Would letro be an option. Opinions/thoughts.

I am a female bodybuilder which is why I running my cycle.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Hopefully sassy chimes in as I have only used nolva once but no other AI

With what you are running and doses, I'm not surprised at all on the water retention..are you competing and close to walking on stage? If you don't and are not but just bodybuilding as your thing..I don't get why you are trying so hard to combat the retention when it will subside once you come off?

phillygurl1

phillygurl1

TID Lady Member
Mar 28, 2012
28 pounds in a little over a week is your answer (4 pounds from yesterday). I am being proactive and conscious with my body. I need to figure it out. That's not normal and want to problem solve and have a solution to remedy the issue. ..and....at the end of the day, I am a girl and we have the bloating/puffiness feeling ;)

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
28 pounds in a little over a week is your answer (4 pounds from yesterday). I am being proactive and conscious with my body. I need to figure it out. That's not normal and want to problem solve and have a solution to remedy the issue. ..and....at the end of the day, I am a girl and we have the bloating/puffiness feeling ;)

Well 28 lbs is quite extreme as I have only experienced maybe 5-6 lbs water retention before....are you drinking enough water? Is your sodium intake a lot? I've never gone beyond 25mg of test so I don't know if maybe it's the test even though it's prop.

What I will say is, if I had to do all of that just to do a cycle....I wouldn't do the cycle...not worth it in my opinion

I hope you figure it out though :)

phillygurl1

phillygurl1

TID Lady Member
Mar 28, 2012
Got it figured out. Just a case of edema :( Unrelated. lol..

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Good luck with it. Let us know how the cycle goes.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Holy crap .. I was going to say -- you gained 28 lb of water in a week? Even at my worst post show rebound of 18 lb in 6 days, that's still 10 lb more.

Why are you taking all of those estrogen "suppressors"? EQ converts a little bit, IMO pretty tame. Even prop conversion is pretty tame. I am assuming you are either way far out from a show or in off-season given this stack. The thing is tho, you need estrogen if you are trying to build. Suppressing it, esp w/ both Nolva & adex is really, really overkill. I don't generally recommend using any form of AI (SARM or true AI) if you're trying to do a hypertrophy phase. The more complex you make your stack, the more shit can go wrong, esp w/ women. I esp don't like long runs of repeated long runs of AIs / SARMs because of the rebound. Estro always seems particularly robust when it is trying to stick to it's normal body cycle (monthly) and you're throwing in a manipulator. Over-suppression of estrogen can also cause joint pain - which you would also not want to do if you're in a hypertrophy stage and you plan to be much more aggressive w/ the weights. AAS doesn't equally support all your soft tissue & joint structures, so the weakest link is going to bear the brunt of the work w/o support. Trying to lift w/ already compromised, painful joints can really just promote tendonitis issues.

JMHO - toss the AIs and just focus on the cycle, let your body handle the water. It just isn't going to be that bad. If you want to grow, you gotta let your body grow. You're not running anything that is going to promote ultra bloat, or even much retention at all, so why use any AIs? Also if you got that recommendation from a guy, please consider the dominant hormone environment - men use AIs to prevent gyno, etc. and they generally use much longer esters w/ a much higher rate of aromitazation, and much higher doses than women use, and obviously, since Estro is the secondary sex hormone in play, higher amounts introduced from a cycle are going to cause those sides. For women, small cycles of short-acting esters produce very good results. W/ this stack, being a relatively conservative "FBB" stack, again, really no reason to bother w/ AIs / SARMs. Save those for your competition dial-in, and even then, use them very conservatively.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic