Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Eric Spoto WR Bench Press!!!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
The 722lbs is A LOT bette than the 716lbs. There's a slight pause in the press.

As for Dan Green, he's a freak. The guy holds the WR in the 220lbs and 242lbs Class. They did an interview with him and he said something to the affect of if you want to lift heavy you have to train heavy. From what I've seen, he always trains heavy.

You're right, about the 722 vs 716 presses. I guess what I didn't like about it was the fact that Mark Bell, who was the meet director (via SPF rules) has the right to override a judges decision on a good/bad lift. And has the right to utilize any type of audio/video equipment necessary for judging and etc. Okay, cool...Mark Bell admits Spoto jumped the press command on the 716. He said he initially was going to go over and turn down the lift, but decided to wait and see how the 722 turned out. To me, that is bull. If it was bad, turn it down immediately. Don't wait to see if you hit the 722. What if he misses 722? His final bench was 661. Just seems kinda hinky. No doubt Eric Spoto would have evenually owned and that record. Let's hope he goes to a neutral meet and removes all doubt. I'm confident he could.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You're right, about the 722 vs 716 presses. I guess what I didn't like about it was the fact that Mark Bell, who was the meet director (via SPF rules) has the right to override a judges decision on a good/bad lift. And has the right to utilize any type of audio/video equipment necessary for judging and etc. Okay, cool...Mark Bell admits Spoto jumped the press command on the 716. He said he initially was going to go over and turn down the lift, but decided to wait and see how the 722 turned out. To me, that is bull. If it was bad, turn it down immediately. Don't wait to see if you hit the 722. What if he misses 722? His final bench was 661. Just seems kinda hinky. No doubt Eric Spoto would have evenually owned and that record. Let's hope he goes to a neutral meet and removes all doubt. I'm confident he could.

Don't forget he nailed a 700lbs bench at a neutral meet before this. I doubt he'll only compete at ST Meets so I'm sure you'll see him in another fed's meet. He's done it already before so I'm sure it'll happen again.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I sure hope so. I think it would benefit him. There is no doubting his legitimacy as a world class bencher. Even if he doesn't pic another weight up again, he has shown the world he is a freak. I just know the rumblings and etc., about how it looks with him only doing ST meets (besides the one where he hit 700). Mark obviously has done a good job exploiting....err I mean promoting him. I think he could go to RUM or some big international meet and blow up a big number and that would pretty much seal it.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Touch and Go or not, that is a monster press.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic