Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Eric Lilliebridge all time WR squat raw with wraps 1025 !!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I've met Eric and his family. They are incredible lifters and it really comas down to comfort and what one wants to do. Eric chose raw and use of a mono. Does it diminish what he does. I say it doesn't. He is still crazy strong and has a ton of upside. I've watched Eric evolve from a 242er to now a 308er. Barring injury, I see him continuing his accent to bigger numbers. Andrey is bigger but I agree in this case, weight isn't much of a factor. Audrey's speed is just sick. He too looks to do more weight. As for Eric's weight, I only mention that because his dad jokes that he always lies about his weight and has to cut. Ernie Sr. Keeps him humble and will hopefully keep him on the path to greatness. Regardless, those two are playing with weight I couldn't even fathom unracking let alone squatting!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I mentioned that I was more proud of my walked out 700 because it was harder to do. Doesn't mean I squatted more though. My point is, the squat starts at the squat command, not when the bar is unracked, and ends when the lifter is back upright. That's it. Is it more impressive for someone to sing the national anthem while squatting 800, picking up a penny with his asshole while in the bucket, and then holding it at the top while making me a sammich? Hell yeah!!! That's incredible. But the squat was "only" 800 still. So that's what counts. Command to command is all that matters.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I mentioned that I was more proud of my walked out 700 because it was harder to do. Doesn't mean I squatted more though. My point is, the squat starts at the squat command, not when the bar is unracked, and ends when the lifter is back upright. That's it. Is it more impressive for someone to sing the national anthem while squatting 800, picking up a penny with his asshole while in the bucket, and then holding it at the top while making me a sammich? Hell yeah!!! That's incredible. But the squat was "only" 800 still. So that's what counts. Command to command is all that matters.
Puritan!!!!!!!

Suppose you make a good point. It's all about the total.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
lol.... A walk out is more impressive for sure, but as far as the records go. It doesn't matter if it's Walked out or in a Mono. Eric may do a Mono and do 1040.. next meet... Who knows.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This makes for an interesting discussion since some say they'd like to see an asterisks by the name when an athlete pulls sumo instead of conventional. No one here feels the same way in regards to a mono?

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Just my two cents, I don't necessarily care about the record part of it or the asterisk even. Whether it's sumo or conventional or mono or walk out, I think certain things have advantages. I think walking out the squat is more impressive but that is just me. Both a mono squat and walkout are still bad ass. Sumo and conventional both are impressive but I think the advantage depends on the body type. World records are far beyond many of our reach so having a dog in this fight is pointless. I suppose I could have more of a complaint when I own a record and it is taken by someone who squats out of mono or etc. I do believe that RUM does separate mono versus walkout and wraps versus sleeves.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Anyone hear Eric L pulled out with a ham injury?

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
He made his opening squat at 430 kg and missed his second attempt which was 450 kg in turn sustaining an injury .
Malanichev finished with 475 kg squat , 260 kg bench and 400 kg deadlift for a new all time WR .

Last edited:
kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Malanichev pushes the boat out a little more at Big Dogs meet in Melbourne with a 485 kg squat ( 1069 lb ) and advances the WR total also with 1140 kg / 2513.2 lb .

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
couldn't believe Eric bombed all 3 times...

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Went to big dogs, got hugged by andrey. Was worth every penny to fly there...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic