Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Eric Lilliebridge 447kgs/985lbs Raw Squat w/ Wraps @ 290lbs...

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
yeah that's insane right there.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Wow, that's so impressive.

I don't think I'll ever squat very much. Squatting maximal weight intimidates me, and i don't want to be under max weight with doubts in my head.

I have so much respect for big squatters.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
You gotta get over that shit Turbo.

Embrace the fear. Squat heavy. It's exhilarating. :D

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

NO SHIT! Truer words have not been spoken.....Turbo, really? Why do you like the sport if you have fear and doubts? You're wasting your time otherwise.....sorry, I'm not sorry.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012

NO SHIT! Truer words have not been spoken.....Turbo, really? Why do you like the sport if you have fear and doubts? You're wasting your time otherwise.....sorry, I'm not sorry.

Its just squats that bother me. Fear of my knee breaking like Brandon did earlier this year.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012

At least I'm admitting that I have a fear.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
At least I'm admitting that I have a fear.

Sorry, I'm not going to give you credit because you admit that you have a fear. We all have fears.....but to say you don't want to squat because you're afraid to break your knee yet you love powerlifting is entirely hypocritical.

You reference Brandon Lilly.....who the fukk cares about him anyhow? you reference ONE guy (he's a dick anyhow and has pulled some douchebag shit) and that's your basis for comparison when referencing your fear?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Turbo, I like you...and as much as I bust your balls, you're good to have around and you're able to provide some good insight especially for younger lifters and beginners with diet advice.

But your claim to your so-called fear is complete bullshit.....I have had everything possible happen to my back and it's prevented me from getting on the platform twice......Sure, I'm afraid of blowing my back out again and being laid up for 10 days pissing into a gallon jug because I can't move due to the spasms but I didn't chalk it up to a fear and I got my ass right back under that bar. I'm not saying that I am macho or whatever, I'm just saying I have a newfound passion for something that you claim you have the same for yet I hear excuses of why you don't want to push decent weight.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Sorry, I'm not going to give you credit because you admit that you have a fear. We all have fears.....but to say you don't want to squat because you're afraid to break your knee yet you love powerlifting is entirely hypocritical.

You reference Brandon Lilly.....who the fukk cares about him anyhow? you reference ONE guy (he's a dick anyhow and has pulled some douchebag shit) and that's your basis for comparison when referencing your fear?

Sorry, I don't buy it.

Turbo, I like you...and as much as I bust your balls, you're good to have around and you're able to provide some good insight especially for younger lifters and beginners with diet advice.

But your claim to your so-called fear is complete bullshit.....I have had everything possible happen to my back and it's prevented me from getting on the platform twice......Sure, I'm afraid of blowing my back out again and being laid up for 10 days pissing into a gallon jug because I can't move due to the spasms but I didn't chalk it up to a fear and I got my ass right back under that bar. I'm not saying that I am macho or whatever, I'm just saying I have a newfound passion for something that you claim you have the same for yet I hear excuses of why you don't want to push decent weight.

Thanks, that makes me feel better about it. I think just watching that video of his knee snap really got to me. I also saw another injury a long time ago and it just stuck in my head. I couldn't squat for a while after seeing that first video. Then I saw recently on WSM a guys leg break during the keg squat.

The accidents really got to me. I ended up going back to squatting the first time, but I don't remember what I told myself to get over it.

Any advice how to get over that fear? I understand its kind of an irrational one, but I would like to get past it because I do want to squat again. I can't squat right now anyway because I'm letting myself have a full year off after surgery, but after that's up I would like to get back to squats.

I want to use them to carry my dead lift.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Thanks, that makes me feel better about it. I think just watching that video of his knee snap really got to me. I also saw another injury a long time ago and it just stuck in my head. I couldn't squat for a while after seeing that first video. Then I saw recently on WSM a guys leg break during the keg squat.

The accidents really got to me. I ended up going back to squatting the first time, but I don't remember what I told myself to get over it.

Any advice how to get over that fear? I understand its kind of an irrational one, but I would like to get past it because I do want to squat again. I can't squat right now anyway because I'm letting myself have a full year off after surgery, but after that's up I would like to get back to squats.

I want to use them to carry my dead lift.

Do BW squats for now and build your way up to the bar and then start throwing some weight on there. It'll carry over into deads and your leg drive for bench too.

Basically man the fukk up. :)

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I dont squat heavy anymore. Any leg work I do is based on speed/explosion. Heavy for me is 275. These days ive been doing more prowler work for my primary leg movement. I agree though dont say youre a pl-er and not squat. I saw a guy eat a mcgriddle and shit his pants, doesnt stop me though

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic