pbtom
What's New?

Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I like 19 Feb 12 Mar.

On those days, so did I. The following days, I wasn't pleased with myself.

I wrote down how I felt in my phone and looked at it before we went to our neighbors to grill the other day. I drank nothing, ate nothing but steak and chicken, and woke up the lightest I'd been since starting the diet. I ate half of a t-bone, half of a strip steak and mad chicken wings. I won that battle... The war is still popping off though.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Saturday - March 19, 2016
SFB Bully Yoga
Wave 1 // Week 2

Super D Shoulder Work

Good Mornings
Bar x 10
135 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5

Squat
135 x 5
135 x 3
225 x 5
225 x 2
315 x 2
405 x 13 sets of doubles

Sumo Block Pulls
315 x 3
405 x 3
495 x 3 @9

284.0 lbs

Pretended to be PillarofBalance this morning and didn't get the whole workout done. We came in today to fix my homie's squat form so I did more talking than squatting. Accidentally jumped from 315 to the working sets and felt dumb as hell too.

Ran out of time so I jumped from the doubles straight to 315 on sumos, just enough rest to add a plate, did 405, then same with 495. None were filmed except maybe the last rep of 495. Then I scurried off with my little man to get his sister from Girl Scouts.

The squat session was pretty damn dope though. By talking about my dude's issues I got to identify one of my own.

First, we worked figuring out where he was tight/immobile. He had been mentioning his hip hurt lately and his lower back was sore from the last paused squat session. Had him do some hip movements and stretches to figure out what was tight... Turns out his hurting side is more mobile than the other. Got him to live in that stretch for a while and the pain disappeared.

He tried to get to depth on squats but it still wasn't there. We got him to hold on to a band that was wrapped around the bar in front of him in the squat rack, then he tried different stance widths as he tried to get to depth. The band kept him from falling backwards and he found a spot where he felt strong and his balance was greatest. Had him sit there for about a minute a few times.

Second, we worked on getting his upper back tight, breathing to his stomach and connecting it all together before unracking the bar.

Then it was head positioning... He was taught by trainers as a kid, having ran track for a decade, to squat with your head as high up as possible. Had to change that spine positioning. It's almost there but so natural for him that it'll take a lot of time to correct.

Next, it was breaking at the hips and not the knee. He didn't wanna change the bar positioning just yet because we did see a drastic change from high bar to low bar back when we did the Lilliebridge Method training together, so I didn't wanna push to hard. Sitting back and breaking at the hips, coupled with the soft tissue hip work, had him finally hitting depth and shooting outta the whole with good shin angle.

"Past the knees, then bust a nut" is his trademark for dead and squat hip thrust cues, so he has that down pat... After that it was a zillion doubles, all filmed, to observe technique and speed.

Another kid was there listening and deadlifting beside us and said that because of a chat him and I had almost a year ago his squat got way stronger. Apparently I gave him 5 tips that changed his whole technique. He researched the concepts, watched a ton of videos and went from 315 to 500 in 300 days. Sounded like a ****ing infomercial as he told us that.

Then a buddy of ours complained about knee pain in his squats and we fixed that shit too.

Ironically, I come home and my knee hurts.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Veal Marsala and pappardelle Alfredo with fresh key lime pie, eight layer Butterfinger cake, bread pudding and a glass of Malbec. #CarbNite

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
all I read was 8-Layer Butterfinger cake...#JealousOnesEnvy

Surprisingly, it was the worst of all the desserts we snagged. Too damn sweet. The key lime was the best we ever had though.

First time after CarbNite I weighed in under 290! It's also the most strict week I've had - didn't start introducing carbs until 4pm yesterday and cut it off at 930pm. Most times it becomes CarbWeekend and shit... Limited myself to one drink also. #teamobesity

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Surprisingly, it was the worst of all the desserts we snagged. Too damn sweet. The key lime was the best we ever had though.

First time after CarbNite I weighed in under 290! It's also the most strict week I've had - didn't start introducing carbs until 4pm yesterday and cut it off at 930pm. Most times it becomes CarbWeekend and shit... Limited myself to one drink also. #teamobesity

Nice! I have been having my best results the past two weeks since I started limiting my carb day cheat to less than a full 24 hours starting with supper on Friday, and keeping the cheat a little more modest. By Sunday I stop all carbs and get right back to my diet so my transition (when I feel weak, headachy and dizzy) is not occurring at work on Monday.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Nice! I have been having my best results the past two weeks since I started limiting my carb day cheat to less than a full 24 hours starting with supper on Friday, and keeping the cheat a little more modest. By Sunday I stop all carbs and get right back to my diet so my transition (when I feel weak, headachy and dizzy) is not occurring at work on Monday.

Thanks.
And that's good stuff. If I remember correctly, you go a bit more than just a week with no carbs though, right?

I'm thinking of going more modest on CarbNite just to keep from staying on the damn toilet the entire following day smh...

I've contemplated going two weeks ultra low carb and then having CarbNite but I'm afraid the training will suffer, as well as my mental state haha.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks.
And that's good stuff. If I remember correctly, you go a bit more than just a week with no carbs though, right?

I'm thinking of going more modest on CarbNite just to keep from staying on the damn toilet the entire following day smh...

I've contemplated going two weeks ultra low carb and then having CarbNite but I'm afraid the training will suffer, as well as my mental state haha.

for about six monts coach has had me carb up on Friday night for our Saturday strongman and power lifting. It has been great for my strength but I have been struggling when going back into ketosis. Also I had added cheese as a daily snack but was getting daily headaches in the afternoon. Those stopped when I stopped the cheese as snack and started taking vitamin b2

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Elite Totals & Golden Oreos

I don't understand how one can change up diet on PoBs program, I can't stop eating when I'm doing it. Lol. I'd be a 67.5kg/148er lifter if I wasn't peaking for this April meet.

But show me that it can be done, good man.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I don't understand how one can change up diet on PoBs program, I can't stop eating when I'm doing it. Lol. I'd be a 67.5kg/148er lifter if I wasn't peaking for this April meet.

But show me that it can be done, good man.

If what I ate was measured by how hungry I get I'd look like John Goodman.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic