What's New?

Eleiko Burns Down

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Eleiko Weightlifting Equipment (Sweden)
burnt to the ground earlier yesterday.

$35 million in lost products. If you have an outstanding order, or looking to place an order, not gonna happen.

Hope these guys have insurance. Solid product line

eleiko.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm not up on the current scene much as to bars, but for many many years Eleiko was considered THE Rolls Royce of the barbell scene. Decades of me staring at the photos of OL World Championships and Olympics, and it was always Eleiko, no matter who the host country was. Kinda like Louisville Sluggers and Harley Davidsons, tremendous nostalgic value here, hope they do recover.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Can you post the source article, please?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I hope they had great insurance if this is really the case b/c Eleiko bars/bumpers are second to none.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
The head of Eleiko USA gave this statement

I wanted to take the opportunity to clarify on the situation that occurred at Eleiko in Halmstad, Sweden, on Friday, the 25th of March. A fire broke out at our off-site warehouse in Halmstad, Sweden. No person was injured or at risk of being injured. The Eleiko Headquarter and our production facility were unaffected by the fire.

The fire may have short-term implications on our lead times. We are currently pursuing a number of actions in order to limit any negative effects to our customers. The entire Eleiko team is acting with this as the primary objective and will reach out to anyone that may be affected.

Please note that Eleiko is operating fully and open for business as usual. We are well prepared to handle an extraordinary situation like this, and we have warehouses in other locations which will be utilized for our logistical purposes. We also have a separate distribution center in the US in Chicago. Further, we enjoy the full support from our supplier network and other partners.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I agree that Eleiko = the best , therefore I was surprised that the sole supplier for Rio 2016 weightlifting is the Chinese company Zhangkong although it is the Olympics and money talks .

edit: Seems they used Zhangkong in Beijing too so perhaps not such a surprise

Last edited:
wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Eleiko Sweden actually issued this statement:

https://translate.google.com/transl....4827015-mangmiljonvarden-forstorda-i-branden

Values ​​for many millions have been destroyed.
Gunnila Blomberg, part of the family owners of Eleiko, is powerless and watching the flames licking the building where large parts of their businesses previously existed.
- We have never experienced anything like this before. It is terrible.
They learned of the alarm by a phone call just before five in the morning.
- For us, they said that Securitas gone there because they received an alarm about the burglary and when they arrived on the scene, they saw that it burned. But if the fire started because of the burglary or fire triggered the alarm to Securitas, I do not know.
She says that the warehouse was completely full. Goods for around 35 million and was just waiting to be shipped to the customer.
- Right now our sons skiing and sat down to write an emergency plan. There's so much. You think of all the staff, everything that comes with.
And Eleiko are not alone. Further, at least three companies is a difficult and tedious future. Peter Sjögren, manager at Hydroscand have also come to the scene.
- This is terrible. It really means a lot. We have 30-40 clients a day. Now I do not know how to do, says Peter Sjögren.
And in the same way it is of course for all those affected. All the activities have to be started up again. Many materials and goods in the premises which is now destroyed. But the direct values ​​destroyed, of course, is not everything. The companies must have somewhere to be able to continue its operations.
- It's a terrible shame this. It's very large values ​​being destroyed, says Henrik Andersson, an employee at Jana real estate that owns the properties.
What do you do now?
- Of course we will try to find replacement premises but it is not easy, he says.
One who is used to dealing with this kind of issues and events Mattias Ling Heron, the residual value leaders, a link between insurance companies and policy holders, one might say. He tries to approximate track of how widespread the damage is in place. But he is also working intensively to try to save what can be saved.
- These trucks that are standing outside, for example, it's very unnecessary, they also burn up, so the we try to save.
He also tries to keep track of whether it is possible to use the premises in the immediate vicinity of the fire area or also the entrepreneurs need help in any way.
- It could be, for example smoke damaged. But in general, I try to get all interested entrepreneurs. Then I try to help them sort in the process that now follows in order to know where to begin, says Mattias Heron Ling.
At 14 o'clock writes municipality on its website that the emergency calls property owners in the vicinity of the industrial area to investigate the smoke on the premises. The reason is that röknsanering be able to start as early as possible.
Those who own businesses / properties inside the cordon can contact the police on site to discuss the possibility to get in to the affected property.

Hanna Sjöberg
[email protected]

Storebrand in Halmstad

- See more at: https://translate.googleusercontent...CXwMilPe0hGO5PlIl8-8UOpw#sthash.C9Bbe6kQ.dpuf

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic